Todd Howard on X-Play

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Todd Howard on X-Play

Post by cazsim83 »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a> | More info on <a href="#Todd Howard">Person: Todd Howard</a>

<blockquote dir="ltr" style="margin-right: 0px"><p><em>The Great Leader <strong>Todd Howard</strong>, the mastermind behind The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series, will be talking one-on-one with Adam Sessler on tonight's X-Play! He'll be spilling the beans on one of the most anticipated games of the year, the post-apocalyptic adventure Fallout 3. Don't miss tonight's episode of X-Play, Tonight at 8PM ET, only on G4!

Also, check out our Web Exclusive Interview with Todd Howard, talking about moving from Fantasy with The Elder Scrolls and into the post-apocalyptic future of the Fallout series.
</em></p></blockquote><p>Check out the announcement <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6 ... l">here</a> which has a link to the video from last night, or just click <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/videos/26444/ ... l">here</a> to go straight to the video.</p><p>I'll post some excerpts when I get a chance to watch it tonight - the interview happened last night, top text taken from announcement page.
</p><p>Much thanks to our own <strong>entertainer</strong>, who had this to say - "These are "reviewers" who done the infamous Red Orchestra review."</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/xplay/">G4TV.com</a></p>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: Todd Howard on X-Play

Post by VasikkA »

X-Play wrote:Todd Howard, the mastermind behind [snip] Fallout series
You lost me. :?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

You don't learn anything new except the "Rock-it-Launcher" is more like Half Life 2's gravity gun than ever.
Edward_R_Murrow
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Edward_R_Murrow »

Don't forget he downplays any sort of plot branching or missing out on any content due to character choices as a "bad" thing. And he also basically confirms Megaton as the "Fargoth's Gold" of Fallout 3.

That, and it seems like VATS is the crutch for people who suck terribly at Bethesda's excuse for "action" as opposed to serving any sort of role-playing function.

But still, G4 is pretty dumb, so he might just be saying what is marketable to them and lying through his teeth.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I want to crush the interviewer's face in with a super-sledge... :dance:

It's obvious that this is mainly an FPS. Does anyone ever think to ask Toddy " Whyat made you decide to take the Fallout series into the shooter genre?"

I enjoyed the Faollout battles because they were at least somewhat strategic. This is just twitch gameplay, oh but there's also slow-mo mode for the idiots..er... i mean the fans.

This game sounds like real mediocre shit. Well that's enough with the dead horse kicking for one day.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

...always fun to come home from work and see something that pisses you off to no end.

all i can say is just...what the FUCK.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

I love Todd <3
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Hey guys, let's remake TETRIS to a Fligh Simulator and ignore the people who loved tetris the way it was back since 1985, because they're swell guy and they live in the past.

Coming soon:

Chess - Revenge of the King.

19 weapons, high end graphics, based on the classic game CHESS.
���������
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Dreadnought wrote:Hey guys, let's remake TETRIS to a Fligh Simulator and ignore the people who loved tetris the way it was back since 1985, because they're swell guy and they live in the past.

Coming soon:

Chess - Revenge of the King.

19 weapons, high end graphics, based on the classic game CHESS.
Tetris on a rollercoaster = Audiosurf.

Except that was kind of okay.

I've already played Stalker.

Don't know if I want to play an RPG version.

Oh...

yeah I do.

But can that really happen?

Just a few months to go.

Then the fire.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

We're doomed! Doomed I say! DOOOOOOOOOOMED!!1
���������
Our Host!