MASS EFFECT r teh c001

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

MASS EFFECT r teh c001

Post by rabidpeanut »

Pretty fucking good game though it is VERY short for something from bioware. Humped the human, did not get the blue bitch soon enough.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

:aiee: at least the download isn't short, it's like 7.2 gb
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

The game IS good, but most of the length is squashed into generic and mostly rubbish side missions, they can be fun but they really dont do anything for the story at all, not even marginally compelling side quest plots. I just wish you did not need a sound card from heaven for the game to be atmospheric. Really there is nothing wrong with the game there is just not quite enough right with it to make it a must buy, kotor was a lot longer. and i think quite a bit better. Though it is easier to build on star wars cause the universe is quite huge. Console games really do suck, this is one that just breaks above the level of shittiness to be acceptable. i give it a 70, maybe a 75, but compared to torment it is NOTHING. I like baldurs gate more than torment but torment is definitely a better game than either of these. I finished all but 1 side quest which consisted of looking for minerals. Talk about :SNORE:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I might give it a shot, but I hope the download picks up some speed.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

How do you sleep at night. :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

VasikkA wrote:I might give it a shot, but I hope the download picks up some speed.
qfe, i'm at 27k
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Blargh wrote:How do you sleep at night. :drunk:

The same way I'm awake at the day.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

LOL, '' HE DOESN'T SLEEP AT NIGHT!!''... WOW, i looked at this post 20 min ago, and i posted right now...
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I bought it for the PC and its pretty good. It reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic in almost every way, except that the combat mixes the old KOTOR style with a small amount of Gears of War into it. All in all the campaign is pretty good, it has a good plot and compared to most games nowadays it delivers the story very well. The side quests can get annoying but when your internet goes out they become good time wasters.

I'm giving it an 80 out of 100, mainly because compared to recent games it blows them out of the water, but compared to other classic role playing titles it can't stack up.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

senisterdenister wrote:I bought it for the PC and its pretty good. It reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic in almost every way, except that the combat mixes the old KOTOR style with a small amount of Gears of War into it. All in all the campaign is pretty good, it has a good plot and compared to most games nowadays it delivers the story very well. The side quests can get annoying but when your internet goes out they become good time wasters.

I'm giving it an 80 out of 100, mainly because compared to recent games it blows them out of the water, but compared to other classic role playing titles it can't stack up.
What santa said.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

BioWare is the McDonalds of CRPG's; The taste is rather mediocre and it's probably unhealthy, but at least you know what you get.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

McDo tastes kinda good actually. That new angus burger is sweet D;
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

rabidpeanut wrote:Really there is nothing wrong with the game there is just not quite enough right with it to make it a must buy, kotor was a lot longer...
kotor was like twenty five hours including all the side quests. is mass effect a half hour long?
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I enjoyed the game allot. The option to play a xenophobic, hard charging military son-of-a-bitch really appealed to me.

The side missions were shit however, I did them all the first time and didn't bother any other time. I unlocked most of the achievements now and am one level away from 60. Very fun game, looking forward to MA2 as it'll let me import my character (much like Baldur's Gate)

All in all a good buy, worth my $50.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Anus Burger.
���������
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Hammer wrote:I enjoyed the game allot. The option to play a xenophobic, hard charging military son-of-a-bitch really appealed to me.

The side missions were shit however, I did them all the first time and didn't bother any other time. I unlocked most of the achievements now and am one level away from 60. Very fun game, looking forward to MA2 as it'll let me import my character (much like Baldur's Gate)

All in all a good buy, worth my $50.
Yeah i am busy playing a rascist asshole engineer.

To johnny: Maybe i just played it a lot faster.
NakedLunch
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by NakedLunch »

Nethack 2 is where it's at B)
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Its a pretty long game if you try doing all sorts of side missions. Allso there is a d/l side-quest thing that has some pretty awesome cutscenes and dialogs.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

I did all the quests and it only took like 3 days. the only thing i did not do was find all of the minerals i only needed 4 deposits of light metals.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

It's so epic I didn't even start the download quest
Our Host!