Dr. Jones 4

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

LoL!, ''lets do indiana jones, but this time with more aliens then before, and put more swinging in it!, might as well put some nonfactual stuff in there too, AND give indy a light saber.. oh shit!.. scratch that all.. no too late, lets just give it to them and pay critics, to positively critisize our work, and with our natural jewish instinct for money we will have plenty of money in the end !! '' thats what i thought of.... i guess it sort of fits..., na its stupid, but IM NOT DELETING THIS POST!!
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Childish, idiotic movie for children.
Not on the same feel of the other movies. The other movies have basis in fact.
Bullshit scenes of impossibility for no reason?
NOT A REAL ARTIFACT, CRYSTAL SKULLS ARE PROVEN FAKES.
The alien thing which is even more retarded a movie basis than I previously thought and generally a cop-out.

So, this movie is about an archaeologist teacher who hunts for something he knows to be completely fake and groundless.

End of story, this movie is entertaining if you don't rely on facts or history or have the education level of a third grader.

Marion is pretty hot though.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Well the crystal skulls aren't fake. They were manufactured in the early 19th century in germany or something like that for a private collection. Then people bought the skulls, and started claiming they're OH SO SPECIAL.

However, the MYSTERY about the skulls is fake.
���������
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skull

[t]he suggestion is that it was made in the 1950s or later".

So even my claim was wrong.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

I'm sorry, did not one but two people just make the argument that the latest Indiana Jones movie sucks because it's not realistic? Was Raiders of the Lost Ark a documentary?
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Dreadnought wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skull

[t]he suggestion is that it was made in the 1950s or later".

So even my claim was wrong.
not really wrong - there are at least 2 on display in South America - but they're like a couple inches tall or something like that (What the scientific community deems the 'real deal' anyway)
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Meh Lincoln made them to destroy the world and create a new world order.
���������
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Subhuman wrote:I'm sorry, did not one but two people just make the argument that the latest Indiana Jones movie sucks because it's not realistic? Was Raiders of the Lost Ark a documentary?
Come on, you know what the argument is. Believable is the keyword. Poor stunts, special effects or what-the-fuck-ever wizardry I can deal with, if they feel like they are an integral part of the movie. The crystal skull was merely a MacGuffin in a plot that seemed like a bad Stargate episode, if you can somehow put them in order of crappiness.

As far as I know, Raiders of the Lost Ark is fiction, but at least the plot wasn't out of this world. Don't tell me there isn't a difference between religious relics and space ships, portals and whatnot. The addition of Indy's bastard child and the clichéd wedding scene into the movie was the final "fuck you" by Lucas & Spielberg to the viewers. On top of that, there was a hint of a sequel starring Mutt when he nearly wore the fedora. :censored:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Subhuman wrote:I'm sorry, did not one but two people just make the argument that the latest Indiana Jones movie sucks because it's not realistic? Was Raiders of the Lost Ark a documentary?
I think the sci-fi that replaced the occult was a big letdown for a lot of people.
Even though "magic" isn't realistic, the point was that there was a tiny grain of truth in it, or at least it was chained with some things we know from history or stories. The alternate dimension/outer space is a bit too open ended maybe..

Saying that aliens were behind the mayan culture is... I don't know, kinda cliché.
I mean, I came up with this idea more than ten years ago for a roleplaying theme, and I doubt I'm the only one.

I would've liked a movie based on the game about Atlantis, or at least a lot more than the one they made.
I don't remember if it had aliens as well, or if the weird looking skeletons were based on mutations from their "god machine".

On top of that, there was a hint of a sequel starring Mutt when he nearly wore the fedora.
I interpreted the move as Indy saying "not bloody likely. This hat stays on me, and me only.".
In any case I hope there will be no more movies.
Testicular Pugilist
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Smiley wrote: I would've liked a movie based on the game about Atlantis, .
yeah, but that would be awesome, unlike Indy 4.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I wouldn't like to see any more Indiana Jones movies. And the most recent one doesn't really exists in my world. It's like Fallout BOS.
���������
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

"" The Fundamental Things Apply As Time Goes By ..

Post by 4too »

"" The Fundamental Things Apply As Time Goes By ...""

http://www.reelclassics.com/Movies/Casa ... lyrics.htm
http://www.reelclassics.com/Audio_Video ... _music.wav
... You must remember this:
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by. ...

VasikkA:
... MacGuffin ... a hint of a sequel starring Mutt when he nearly wore the fedora ...
As pop cultural heroes morph into mythic cult icons let us all kneel before ... Saint Indies's Fedora!

A unique, or sacred, or magical relic empowering a character comes standard in the professional story tellers grab bag.

Sad if the magic hat gimmick gets serious consideration to launch an Indie Jones --> spin off <--.
Sad how low these professionals can go, a quarter or a half hour comic schtick props up a possible 90, 110 minute feature motion picture.

Oh and the magic hat has been done before too, ... by the independent audio play people @ ZBS. [Yes 4too is a ZBS fanboy.]

http://www.zbs.org/catalog/

These ZBS folk's have done 2 audio plays featuring a crystal skull as plot device with snakes, inca temples, and mystical realism.
'Dreams Of Rio' got national air time on public radio stations, when the stations were searching for a -- contributing -- audience
by mixing audio plays between NPR news, talk radio,
and traditional music --> classical - jazz - folk flavors - blues - blue grass - 'Hearts Of Space', 'n' teh 'Grateful Dead Hour'.
[CBC was my exotic BORDER RADIO, CBC still do drama, 'Brave New Waves'?]

What ever one thinks of the ZBS content or audio presentations, put that aside for a second, ZBS knows how to tell a story.

For motion pictures plots, the pieces and parts, they are all out there waiting to be used.
"" The Fundamental Things Apply As Time Goes By ..."", did this collaborative effort unite to tell the tale?
The ART in the CRAFT is getting the whole production, including marketing and buttered popcorn, to hang together as ONE movie.

Look's like I can wait until this epic in corporate money minting is a scratchy DVD at my local library. :-)

/////////////
Wheels Of Fire

Smiley:
... Saying that aliens were behind the mayan culture is... I don't know, kinda cliché.
I mean, I came up with this idea more than ten years ago for a roleplaying theme, and I doubt I'm the only one. ...
Want a major cultural cliff to spring from?

UFO's as 'wheels of fire' are Biblical. http://bible.cc/daniel/7-9.htm From the one and only really, really, really true ... King James Bible:
... his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. ...

[Yes there is a monster Cream double LP, Wheels Of Fire, had 1950 UFO's weaved into the album graphics.]

And, more raw material from the 50, 40, 30 years ago.

Chariots Of The Gods ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chariots_of_the_Gods

und ... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065702/ ... Erinnerungen an die Zukunft (1970).

Chariots Of The Gods,
saw the english version in the same theatre that I saw 'A Boy And His Dog',
narration was fast paced, your credulity just rolled with it.
The delivery speed was very effective in saturating your disbelief.
All just sci fi / cheesy alien encounter<-->mag's / books before this flick, the power of pictures. Teh pow-ah of motion pictures.
Fast shuffle created a dramatic spell, intellectual shell game.
These days, COTG might appear to have more curds then cream, cheesy, still it was a fun ride.
Fun ride: "" The Fundamental Things Apply As Time Goes By ..."", COTG told it's story.
For the 1970's, COTG was an entertainment *vehicle* that delivered a 'good ride'.

From the player reviews I read here, look's like Indie 4's UFOs are less a coy cod piece, and more an ass cover.
Maybe a fun 'Frisbee' at times, but often just a flying garbage can lid.

//////////////
Subliminal Messages

Now, Fedoras and UFO's flung to the side,

the one, the true, the real sub context,

some one

please,

tell me,

about the OTHER dramatic icon,

did Indie's ... (gasp) ... WHIP ... get a cameo appearance?

Dare we whisper about (... whips ...) as a *vehicle* of spiritual -- self propagating, eternally procreating -- pow-ah?

A cigar is just a cigar, a whip is just a whip, ... ""a kiss is just a kiss ... a sigh is just a sigh"".

"" The Fundamental Things Apply As Time Goes By ...""

Please, don't tease. Don't wait to tell ALL to OPRA! [Video @ 11 p.m. !]

Was Indie's dark side -- the whip -- flippantly kinky or hatefully cruel?

Was IT, his dangling 'thing', a manly man accessory, or, an erotically charged phallic coil spring loaded on his khaki hips?

4too
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

4too - nobody who is half-sane who believes the Bible believes that wheels of fire are UFOs - in fact, a lot of Bible-believers think that 'aliens' as we think of them today are just a physical manifestation of either witchcraft or demons :analprobing:
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Double 'OTT' Shot

Post by 4too »

Double 'OTT' Shot

I only cite the King James because so many UFO aficionados do.

The Chariots Of The Gods style purveyors use all sorts of documents to fill out their copy.

Shot gun tactic, fact or fiction, some factoid will hit home.

Therefore there is more media content to fuel your, mine, or Smiley's UFO imagery.

4too
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Yeah isn't it weird that religions which developed in absolute separation of each other, still talk about the same stuff in similar ways. I say Jesus was Xenu.
���������
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

There is actually quite a bit of evidence that there was, in fact, an ancient, historic flood - whether or not it covered every little bit of land is in question, but so many separated societies have a story about it, it's probably true to some extent.

Also, there's so much (and maybe it is hearsay or lying, who knows) but there's an awful lot of people out there who have had near-death experiences, witnessed strange WEIRD stuff, etc - that there's got to be some force out there beyond the physical, and I don't mean Star Wars.

But hey, we were talking about Indy, right? :dance:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Xenu killed all dinosaurs.
���������
Edward_R_Murrow
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Edward_R_Murrow »

Xenu ran over my dog.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Cazsmin is trying to convert us!!!!!!!!! :lalala:

I think the similarities in religions comes down to the fact that we are all human beings you fucking numbskulls. If a religion is oddly similar to another, it's probably because somewhere back at least 100 years ago the older was the base for the newer.

Sort of how Catholicism,Christianity, and Mormonism are all retarded sons of the Jews.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Our Host!