HUBOLOGISTS

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Drunk_Squid
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

HUBOLOGISTS

Post by Drunk_Squid »

How should I eliminate them?

What weapons should I use, given that I have at least 150% on Small, Big Guns, and Energy weapons?

And how feasible is it to plant explosives on key hubologist targets and make it start a fight? NEVER TRIED IT BEFORE, ONLY WITH FIRST CITIZEN LYNETTE, AND THAT DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. SHE JUST BLOWS UP AND YOU WALK AWAY, WTF?

I am thinking about leveling up more, going in alone with a combat leather jacket and an alien blaster with a bunch of stimpacks and bombs! Either that or a sharpened spear or some other melee weapon, or wakazashi blade.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I find the Gauss Rifle deviously effective in endgame. Seems that the buggers are not too well armored, so 2 shots bring down the normal fuckers in robes and 2-3 for the ones in the Combat Armor.

As for whether you should eliminate them, I hope that's a rhetoric question.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Has anyone ever tried playing the game as hubologist? Like traveling to Frisco first and joining them and then seeing if there are any ingame benefits (or consequently the opposite). If not, throw lots of grenades and molotov cocktails. I the idea of cleaning out a pit full of fucktards with fire and explosives. And they can't escape. Ahh... the good old times. *sheds tears*
���������
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I think that I did my first playthrough as a Hubologist.
*spoiler*
In the end you carry out a series of assassination missions for them, you have to assassinate the Shi and the fuckers in the tanker, but their spaceship was a piece of shit so they just tell you to go and do all the regular tanker fedex, load the oil etc manually from the Shi mainframe. Nothing special, but worth a playthrough.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

If you are a retard the Hubologists will take pity on you and set up the tanker for you. (No trip to Navarro.)

Take psycho before dialogue/etc.

I saw it in the speedrun.
Drunk_Squid
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Drunk_Squid »

:drunk:
KILLTHEMALL
SDF!
SDF!

Post by KILLTHEMALL »

If you have an impressive amount of super stimpacks, you can just put them on him (10 or 12 stimpacks). Wait ten minutes and it will say that he succumbed to the effect of the chems
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Gauss gun or Bozar
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

.223 Pistol :dance:
[edit] Or the .45 revolver to the eyes. Nothing but eye.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

the amount of thread corpse fucking is unbelievable
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

I have yet to finish F3 because it is shitty and incredibly boring, this thread however made me want to give it a go. Then I remembered that i have F2 on my computer. :pelvic_thrust: Fuck F3, I'm going for a retarded hubologist. Sounds great.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I, too, need a kick in the butt to finish Fallout 3. I really see no point since I'm already level 20 and nothing feels like a challenge(playing at Hard difficulty).
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Heh.. i'm not lv.20. Butmy problem is not really wanting to do anything, because the only feedback I get when finishing quests are a blank motionless face saying thanks with little or no emotions in the voice-acting. An example is getting that guy in Megaton to quit drugs. DONE. But I cant talk to anyone about it. I cant tell his brother or sister. I cant do fuck all. Horrible and "open-ended" doesnt match.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

VasikkA wrote:I, too, need a kick in the butt to finish Fallout 3. I really see no point since I'm already level 20 and nothing feels like a challenge(playing at Hard difficulty).
I was only at like level 12 when I finished it and nothing felt like a challenge. Mostly because nothing IS a challenge in the whole game in general unless you gimp yourself and do something like only master HtH or melee, but that's ok because no matter what, you'll be able to kill stuff with any gun you find.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Just steal their grenades so they don't melt you.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Superhaze wrote: Fuck F3, I'm going for a retarded hubologist. Sounds great.
so...playing a Tom Cruise-esque character, then?
Ledneon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Ledneon »

Mr. Teatime wrote:Heh.. i'm not lv.20. Butmy problem is not really wanting to do anything, because the only feedback I get when finishing quests are a blank motionless face saying thanks with little or no emotions in the voice-acting. An example is getting that guy in Megaton to quit drugs. DONE. But I cant talk to anyone about it. I cant tell his brother or sister. I cant do fuck all. Horrible and "open-ended" doesnt match.
I always have done.I always have done.I always have done.I always have done.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

cazsim83 wrote:
Superhaze wrote: Fuck F3, I'm going for a retarded hubologist. Sounds great.
so...playing a Tom Cruise-esque character, then?
I guess. Tom would get some kudos if he manages to actually steal the fucking flint from his aunt, so he can get the sharpened spear when leaving Arroyo. *hint*.

..aw. Had to kill them all. Well, didnt have to. But wantet to. :no:
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

From experience - hit lvl 20 and go back w/ Grim Reaper Sprint (or w/e generic name they gave it) and take revenge on all the soulless bastards who either caught you stealing, wouldn't let you dispense your own wasteland justice to assholes, etc

Problem with this game - I want to see a rough and tumble wasteland where there *are* no guards - what happened to the downtrodden wastelanders who, if they felt someone cheated them in a game of poker, would both stand up, guns blazing, and the winner took the pot, with everybody else continuing business as usual once the smoke cleared?

Sorry if that doesnt make sense it's like 3 in the morning and i need to go to bed.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

cazsim83 wrote: Sorry if that doesnt make sense it's like 3 in the morning and i need to go to bed.
Fuuuuuuck
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Our Host!