Hadn't Played it since 2002

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
guywithgattlinglaser
SDF!
SDF!

Hadn't Played it since 2002

Post by guywithgattlinglaser »

So I hadn't played fall 1 or 2 since 2002, which was the last time I was at my moms house, I was there last week and I took a look at her computer and they were still there, I started playing fallout 2 again, so I opened my last saved file, I start to remember It all, and then I remembered that I am still missing two locations, on the map, would someone be able to tell me what these are, and how I can get to them, also, can you get back into the Military base where the Vats were in fallout 1 in 2? If anyone can answer this for me, it will bring me great peace of mind.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

I'd be glad to tell you what locations are missing but it would help to know what ones you have visited. I guess the military base must be one, its near san fran kind of if I remember correctly. Not quite the same kind of deal as it was in F1 and watch out for that bottom floor.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

I finished Fallout 1 again yesterday. I did a sloppy dirty run, full of greed, hate and killing without regret. I remembered how good it was to fuck a whole church with newly obtained gatling laser. Then traveling to Junktown and showing them who fucking boss is when breaking out of jail!

Also, I saved and sacrificed myself and Vault 13 and watched the mutants go how the slaughter everyone on surveillance cam. Then I loaded and fucked everything up.
���������
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

That vid is the best part of the game.. mr high and mighty getting rippet to shreds on his dual minigun mobil. great fun.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

My only gripe with Fallout is that I couldn't kill that son of a bitch myself, without Bloody Mess at the end of course.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I just downloaded killap's patch(which I never tried, is it any good?) and this new thingy which lets you play FO2 with a greater resolution. I think I'll get back on Fallout 2 ASAP :salute:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Report if it's any good, soldier.
���������
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Dreadnought wrote:Report if it's any good, soldier.
I promise it'll be faster than the Caesar IV review(btw, I uninstalled it D; ), I'm installing FO2 right now
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I just uninstalled the resolution patch, because in 1280x1024 it's just not Fallout anymore, and I didn't like how it looked when you reached the border of the map(it's filled with desert tiles or something).

The restoration mod is sweet though, but it's clear that some parts were not included because unfinished, like the Den's residential area. I still like it, even though I lost Sulik to it's tribe. He says he'll meet me back on the road but for some reason he doesn't come. Guess it's a bug? But overall, I must say the game still feels more complete that way.

It's really awesome how Fallout 1 and 2 were good(2 in that case), I just returned to it and I got totally sucked in again. It's a whole difference compared to new games. Hallo NWN D;

Something that I realized about FOs : I really like how you encounter tons of shits straight from the beginning of the game, but the encounters aren't designed so that you will fight with each and also be able to win each. Some are just merchants, and when getting aggressive encounters, most of the time, at least at the beginning of the game, you have to flee to survive. I don't see myself killing 6 wolves and 6 geckos with a spear, even sharpened.

I made this fast shot/gifted char, with small guns, unarmed and speech. I wander with my DE and a sledgehammer, using the sledge more often then not for ammo purpose.

It had all started really wrong though, I think I died like twice trying to kill Hakunin's stupid plants D:
Last edited by S4ur0n27 on Wed May 21, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Skilled sucks :E
I always go for Gifted and Fast Shot.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Skilled sucks :E
That's what I meant D:
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

My starting layout is gifted and good natured.

I then make my Strength 5, Perception 10, Endurance 2, Charisma 10, Intelligence 10, Agility 5, and luck 5.

I then tag Small Arms, Energy Weapons, and Speech.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

senisterdenister wrote:My only gripe with Fallout is that I couldn't kill that son of a bitch myself, without Bloody Mess at the end of course.
press A directly after his endspeech to enter combat or just don't be a goody two shoes >:(
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I use cheats. I am over playing the Fallouts without super chars.

Someone should play with a retard char and call him cazsim. Like all stats lowered so the game is unplayable because you're a fucking fagtard.
���������
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Instead of the waterchip he looks for his mother so he can marry her?
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Skilled sucks :E
Same here; including smallguns, speech, and melee. (one time instead of small guns i did big guns, then energy. :flamed: .)

I did other random setups, but none worked as well as the fastshot/gifted ;smallguns, speech, and melee. normally a >>> S=7 P=6 E=6 C=7 I=8 A=8 L=6... i think.
'
(... BTW... your funny drednaught.. fucking awesome..)
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Ahh.. since everyone has entered geek mode, I'll tag along.

Gifted. Intelligence 10, Agility 10, the rest varies.
Tag smallarms, speech, lockpick/steal.

Maby ill try making a big guns and no brains guy. Would be fun for a change.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I don't see the point in tagging Small Guns. I always go for 10 Agility and high Perception, so even on "Hard" you start off at a decent level of Small Guns. Then you can also one of the many books lying around in the beginning towns, there's at least one in Klamath (Lara's place), I'm sure that there's one in the Den (cannot remember) and there's at least one in Vault City (Cassidy's bar's backroom, lockpick it, he doesn't mind). Et voila, you are up to at least 70% Small Guns, if not more. That is 1-2 levels of skillpoint investment. Also, if you even are going to use a gun in early game, the combat is pisseasy (Klamath rat shit and Lara's fight, just sit back and loot) and ammo is not a problem, so you can miss a couple of shots.

Obviously, you could tag it to get past 100%, but I hardly ever see that as necessary.

I usually tag Speech, Lockpicking and Doctor, as I want to use those skills as much as possible in the early game. There's plenty of shit to have lockpicked, Speech is always required and Doctor provides substantial amounts of free experience at low levels.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

In F2 I never bother with doctor, its usually just the ego, and if i'm lucky, dogmeat. and a sniper rifle. and i never sell any drugs, so i have ample healing-options.

Having small guns tagged helps alot in junktown when taking on darkwater and lars, not to mention the raiders. It helps with a decent throw skill and a shitload of granades too, but i never really go above 70%.
Our Host!