New Team Diary and Concept Art

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

New Team Diary and Concept Art

Post by Aonaran »

<strong>[ Game -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a> | More info on <a href="#Adam Adamowicz">Person: Adam Adamowicz</a>

<p><strong> Adam Adamowicz </strong>has a new developer diary discussing the game's concept art and inspirations. Also included are 11 new concept images.</p><blockquote><em><strong>I&rsquo;m Adam</strong> and it&rsquo;s my job to design for Fallout 3. Establishing
the big picture for the Fallout universe as a pictorial diary, was my first
task. Myself and the rest of the team pored over the lore, related our
experiences playing the original, and researched everything 50&rsquo;s we felt
enhanced the drama, black comedy, and rich vintage sci fi that make this a truly
unique game.</em></blockquote><p> <strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong><strong>Read the diary</strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong> <a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/vault/d ... a></strong>

<strong><strong>Or see the images</strong> </strong><strong><a href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/art/fal ... ong></p><p> </p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong><strong> </strong></strong></p><strong><strong /></strong><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><strong><strong><strong><strong><a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... um=33"></a> </strong></strong></strong></strong><p><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong /></strong></strong></strong></strong><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong /></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong> </strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></p><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong><strong /></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong></strong><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums">Bethesda Forums</a></p>
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Sorry if the post is a bit sloppy, it's my first bit of news. Anyways, in glancing over it you see a few new things, the origins of the DeNiro Frankenstein Super Mutants, the famed flaming sword, some really interesting armor and landscape design, the Deathclaw along with some strange new muties including some kind of crab monster and other intriguing miscellany.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Some of the concept art looks neato.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

VasikkA wrote:Some of the concept art looks neato.
No shit. The pig rat, blastproof house, costume design (especially the kids and the merchant), Brainbot and landscape design are balls out. Mr. Handy and the super mutants still look like shit, though. Oh yeah, and there is a land dreugh. What the fuck?
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Wow, some actual good work from Bethesda...

What the fuck is going on?
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Please enter your date of birth :sadblinky:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

:Pulls down pants: :Takes cup-girls sized shit on bethesda:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I gotta say, the blast-proof house has me intrigued. The creatures look good except for crab-beast, which looks like godzilla baddy. So I like the art. Still have yet to be impressed by game.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

wow, the concept art looks damn good. I wish the Super Mutants actually looked like the first set of drawings, it looks wicked. The shopping carts are a bit much though....like yeah, they might be Supah Mutahnts or whatever, but if their 'snack' is still alive, I'd be kicking and clawing and pissing on the back of it. Just saying, though.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The mutants look like tribals D:

Will there even be ghouls? I don't think we ever heard about them from Beth?
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

yeah, there's ghouls. Some criticism says that they move just like the undead in Oblivion.
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

S4ur0n27 wrote:The mutants look like tribals D:

Not just ghouls, but FERAL fuckin' ghouls.

According to Bethesda, they move swiftly and have "radiation-based" attacks (magiclol)

So basically this:

Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Looks neat.

I don't know how to feel about the sword with a fuel backpack... flaming sword..?

Not only does it seem like a fantasy rip off, but a horrible waste of fuel... for which the world is known to be lacking. Bad idea.
Testicular Pugilist
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

spokomptonjdub wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:The mutants look like tribals D:

Not just ghouls, but FERAL fuckin' ghouls.

According to Bethesda, they move swiftly and have "radiation-based" attacks (magiclol)
Damn.

From the screens I could see, I dunno if they're supposed to be ghouls, but there are some creatures looking just like skeletons D:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Man they are fucking this up righteously.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I gotta say, the blast-proof house has me intrigued. The creatures look good except for crab-beast, which looks like godzilla baddy. So I like the art. Still have yet to be impressed by game.

qfe
Our Host!