Gamespot UK Interviews Pete Hines

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Gamespot UK Interviews Pete Hines

Post by cazsim83 »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a> | More info on <a href="#Pete Hines">Person: Pete Hines</a><br><br>Thanks to <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... >NMA</a><a> for the heads up -</a><a> <p>It's about a 20 minute video covering a few different games - the interview occurs between 8:30 and ends around 15:40 - </p><blockquote dir="ltr"><p>Most of it seems to be a rehash of past events and information - begins with referencing Patrick Stewart and Liam Neeson (The Emperor and your Father, Oblivion and Fallout 3, respectively) </p><p>Karma counts! - If you have compiled a "good" alignment, only good NPC's will join you, and vice versa. </p><p>Dogmeat will be your first joinable NPC, if you so choose.</p><p>Skill progression takes cues from Oblivion - the more "time you spend" on a specific skill, the higher it goes, rather than spending X amount of points in any way you choose when you level up.</p><p>Pete confirms that Fall 2008 will be the release season, with a set date due to be announced this summer. Simultaneous release for PC, XBOX360, PS3 - in the United States and Europe.</p><p>Once again Bethsoft confirms there will be no demo (this question has come up a lot lately, even though it's been answered numerous times) and hints that yes, there will be DL content - but that it isn't even being worked on as Bethesda Softworks is polishing what they do have, so they can release Fallout 3 on-time.</p></blockquote><p>Watch the full thing <a href="http://www.gamespot.com/video/520538/61 ... <p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamespot.com">Gamespot</a></p>
Last edited by cazsim83 on Mon May 05, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

...and I cried. :emo:
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

I bet they remove the skill system or reduce it to 3 or 4 skills till release.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Wow. Just when I thought they couldn't make another step wrong...
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

All the kids will duct tape their controllers to gain moar skillz over night. Magikkk!
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: Gamespot UK Interviews Pete Hines

Post by VasikkA »

there will be DL content
Skill progression takes cues from Oblivion - the more "time you spend" on a specific skill, the higher it goes, rather than spending X amount of points in any way you choose when you level up.
HYE LETS ROLEPLAY!! :clap:

So now it's basically Oblivion but with different textures. Let's hand those game of the year awards to Bethesda right away.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Hay guys, don't be too harsh on Bethesda, c'mon. I mean they put all their heart into this game and it will probably not be Fallout but it will be as good a game as Oblivion was and I loved that game they know what they're doing don't mock it till you played it besides you couldn't make games turnbased today because computers are too fast for that.
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

ADHS is too fast for everything. :hyper:
Anyway, if that's ALL their heart, then they have less heart then Skelettor.
I see a conflict in the fact that Oblivion players see Fallout 3 as a "better" Oblivion and we see it as it really is:

A massive fuck up

And frankly spoken I am kinda curious about one thing:

A first person view of a supersledge hitting some cunt's face and making it explode like an overripe melon.

After seeing it once I'd probably be bored by it, therefore I will watch it on youtube. Dear lord*, just half a year and we're all gonna explode in a global chain reaction of bullshit and goatse spam.

*by which I mean SATAN
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

downloadable content? damn

i think i'll have to use the mesmetron on myself
Our Host!