Caesar IV

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Caesar IV

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I'll be just like pooper; I just downloaded it, and I'll tell you how it is.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

You better >:(

I tried replaying Caesar 3 a while ago, but it's basically always the same, build houses, build structures to upgrade the houses, but the fucking houses keep degrading and upgrading randomly. And it doesn't even have funny bits like Sim City. Horrible game.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I tried playing this game and it lagged fiercely. I can play COH but not this? Don't get it.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

just play AoE or the SW RTS game - much better, and the killing is much much quicker.

For a real pull-your-hair-out time, try Rome TW (or expansions)
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Get Star Wars : Forces of Corruption Or some shit

Dont play ground battles. They suck.

Taking out a million battle cruisers with like some xwings and admiral Ackbar's concentrate fire (EVERY SINGLE FUCKING GUN YOU OWN SHOOTS WHAT YOU CLICKED ON) is the most fucking fun ever.
Echoes
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Echoes »

try EE (empire earth),it's a lot better than AoE
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Medieval 2?
Dawn of war? *cough*
Ummmm
*flicks through all his old games*
Oh oh"
Kill Krush 'n' Destroy B)
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Seven Kingdoms - Ancient Adversaries, the demo that is

Strangely enough the full version is pretty shit, but the demo levels are quite bueno :\
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

AoE and EE are totally not related in any way to Caesar, damn it, I think you missed something D: The first 3 Caesars were great.

And I've yet to play C4, because if I don't have time to post on DAC I don't have time for games d:
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Civ 4 is teh kingz.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

You did not report in. How does it compare to Caesar II? It probably gets worse with time I'm sure.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Eh sorry. I did start playing, and finished the first two levels of the campaign. Obviously they were like tutorials, which were okay to get me back in the rhythm, because I would have totally forgotten that I needed wells, engineers and firemen, and then I'd go bankrupt, have my people suffer from diseases and my houses burning.

But it's still a bit early to make a review; I somehow launched Gothic 3 last week and since then I didn't play anything else. Also the fact that I spend pretty much half of my evenings in bars to watch the Habs losing is making finding time to play Caesar hard.

Something on the graphics though : they're pretty, but it's strange that I have to set the details fairly low, AF and FSAA to 0, and use a 1024x780 res. to get an ok framerate, since I can play Gothic 3 with high details and Gothic 3 had the reputation of running like shit on any machine. Even in Crysis I can set the details to medium/high D: I wonder how it'll run when my towns are huge?
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

S4ur0n27 wrote: Also the fact that I spend pretty much half of my evenings in bars to watch the Habs losing is making finding time to play Caesar hard.
Don't tell me about it. I'm so depressed I'm gonna a burn a cop car. :P

3-1... si on est chanceux.. p-e!
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

M:total war 2 and rome are the bees knees bitches.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Medieval : Total War 2 is an abomination of pandering to cretinous shinies fetishists and an extravagant hell of superfluous micromanagement. :drunk:
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Oh fuck your precious Habs and your Boom Booms and your Guy LaFleurs and your Rocket Richards. I live in Hartford man, not only did we lose our Whale, but then the team that never made it out of the first round of the playoffs (thanks to Claude Lemieux and your fucking Habitants in 3rd period of game 7) suddenly wins the cup.

tabarnac!
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

well if it's gonna make you feel better, we certainly gonna lose to the Flyers, for crying out loud. The Flyers!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

vendetta wrote:well if it's gonna make you feel better, we certainly gonna lose to the Flyers, for crying out loud. The Flyers!
Still, we went back from 1-3 a few years ago against the Bruins, even though they finished 1st in the Eastern conference...

How bad was Begin's penalty, damn it? And I can't believe Biron's so good, it's pure luck.
vendetta
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by vendetta »

Byron's not good, the habs just forgot how to score. For some reason they just find it fine to throw the puck from one end to another and see how close they can pretend to make a goal without actually doing it.

The way they played the last games is pathetic, if they can't make it tomorrow I won't be surprised. Looks like they don't really care.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Eh I dunno, they're doing pretty good with scoring opportunity, and they're better than against Boston I think. For some reasons the puck just hits the post though. And R.J. Umberger turned into an all-star player?

We're lucky to have the Kostytsins though, tthey make the future looks prettier.
Our Host!