GTA 4

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

GTA 4

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

The legend continues. Who is going to pick it up on Tuesday? I know megatron will be the first one in line but I was wondering if other people are interested? I'm more interested because I haven't been using my 360 much and this one looks like it will give it a good work out (RRoD).
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

My pre-order has been cancelled since EB aren't receiving as many copies as they originally anticipated.

Considering that GTA was the main sellpoint for me getting a PS3, I'm, to put it mildly, pissed.
Testicular Pugilist
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

yeah i'll get it, but not tuesday. a friend is borrowing my 360 - he's behind the times, but a good friend.

I'll probably get it in a month - waiting more for RE5 and Silent Hill 5
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

I'll get the torrent in a year or so B)
Patrick
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Patrick »

Looks fucking great, B) Curse you DaC. For my 360 is broken

*Waves fist in anger*
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

GTA is not THAT great, number 1 and 2 were the fucking shit, but number 3 onwards sucked balls. THe only really good thing rockstar have done is publishing the max payne duo. And Remedy made those 2, so basically rockstar have made relatively shitty games that try to stick it to the man while their company becomes that which they were sticking it to. Manhunt, GTA and Bully. None are bad per se, but none are amazing, basically real world rpg sort of things.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Thor Kaufman wrote:I'll get the torrent in a year or so B)
qfe

Plus, all the bugs and shit will be fixed by then.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Rabidpeanut, are you mental? Rockstar is the only company that deserves all the success they get. They work their asses off for GTA and it shows. When I get a Grand Theft Auto, I know I'm not wasting my money. I don't know of any other game that I felt certain like that.

It took Rockstar awhile to gat into the game, but now they're gonna show what sandbox can be. I've been a fan of GTA longer than Fallout, although my feelings aren't quite so deep, but my point is that this game is gonna be the shit. I'm getting back on Live for this. When I get a gamertag I'll post.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

VasikkA wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:I'll get the torrent in a year or so B)
qfe

Plus, all the bugs and shit will be fixed by then.
Totally, but I must admit if I hador if I'm to buy soon) a PS3 or a 360, I'd buy GTA right away.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

A friend of mine has been playing it for quite a few days already (he managed to get hold of some pirated version) and he says that it is absolutely amazing. However, I never been a fan of the GTA series and probably never be, so to be honest, I'm not terribly bothered.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Max Payne > G.T.A.

Honestly i don't want to run around a city being a swell guy little gangster.

Max Payne 2 even has better graphics than GTA4.

When you play it with 24X AA and 16 AF on 1600*1200 it looks FUCKING AMAZING.

Rockstar are not exactly pr0. They are good, but not great.
Remedy > Rockstar.

That is if they can hold up in that new game they are making.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

why do you post on the forums like a swell guy little gangster then, sheesh.

i will get it this week sometime but :chew:. i am playing bingo on tuesday.
:chew:
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Thats the lames shit i have ever heard. I didnt like GTA: San Andreas because it was to much gangsta shit, but you cannot talk shit about GTA. Who would not want to drive a bus around filling it with people and then driving it to a meat prosessing plant run by the russian mob? GTA and GTA2 were lots of gory fun. Vice city was all glitz and cokefilled glamour of the horrible 80s. but aleast you werent running around town as a finnish emo.

And how the hell can you compare Max Payne with GTA? How are they in any way similair? Different engines, different gameplay, different plot.

Edit: Shit!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

rapidpeanut wrote:Honestly i don't want to run around a city being a swell guy little gangster.
ya, nothing cooler than gunning down goons as a trenchcoat-wearing comic nerd who thinks he's in the matrix B)

quite looking forward to gta4, whenever i see a subway ad for it i pop a wee boner. the details all look good, it's always astounding how much rockstar puts into improving their title product. judging by the trailers there are a ton of little new york details down, not just the iconic stuff but little details and cultural references which have been thinly disguised. certainly a good thing - most gta clones have really fucked up at making an interesting city loaded with details, or at making a city that resembles any real world city. gta3 & its successors all had the spirit of their respective cities down, but this seems like it's gonna be on a whole new level.

what else? the radio sounds amazing, at least 2x the material of san andreas, lots of interesting djs, very new york-centric (aside from the jazz fusion station maybe?)

the only saddening thing is the lack of food related features, i was looking forward to buying borscht and then spilling it all over my shirt. oh well

don't have an xboxx360 though -- i'm not a gullible idiot -- so gonna have to wait for the pc version which will sure as day be pushed back to mid 2008? :chew:
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

console OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone reporting in B)

probably picking it up for the 360 when the stores open tomorrow. There's one store downtown that doesn't take preorders and usually sells the major releases (halo 3 and so on) for 2/3 of the standard retail price for new console games, so I guess I'll get it there.

btw the noodles I'm eating now are delicious to the max just fyi
Nooke
I'm a little twat

Post by Nooke »

GTA4 is so old. Let's talk about GTA5 now.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Nooke wrote:GTA5
For next-generation console systems. :drunk:
Fallout 3 - By Morons, For Morons
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Nicolai wrote:btw the noodles I'm eating now are delicious to the max just fyi
more info on noodles requested

rabidpeanut wrote: Remedy > Rockstar
remedy = finnish.
coincidence? i think Image
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

because im awake and think it would be a fun adventure im going to go into town in about 20 minutes and see whats up. i already feel embarassingly geeky for doing this, but whichever. they only come out at night. i didnt preorder either so i probably wont even get it :rofl:

TRIP REPORT
:chew:
sarge112
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by sarge112 »

Who's posts are harder to read, Blargh's or Megatron's?
Our Host!