Fan Made fallout

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Serifan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Fan Made fallout

Post by Serifan »

I was wondering why DAC and NMA are not getting behind this project?
it seems to be our only option if we really want to see new fallout game that we want.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Plenty of people from DaC and NMA are on the team.
Serifan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Serifan »

Really well that is great how about making fourm dedicated to the project
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Sure, here it is, just for you.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Re: Fan Made fallout

Post by Brother None »

Serifan wrote:I was wondering why DAC and NMA are not getting behind this project?
I sometimes wonder what this "getting behind" that people advocate is supposed to be.

Do you want DaC and NMA to turn their frontpages into links to the FMF website?

Both sites have people working on it, both sites cover it in the news to keep interest up, both sites cover/back up other modding projects including FIFE which can end up helping a big project like FMF.

So whaddayawant?
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Serifan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Serifan »

I just don't see many topics on this project or news for that matter. Im not saying you are doing anything wrong I just thought alot more people would be keen on this.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

When FMF releases new information on the progress of their project, it always gets posted as news.

If you are really keen on helping the project than you should probably stop wasting you time reminding a group of people who are well aware of it's existence that it exists and go join the team writing dialog or something.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Serifan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Serifan »

I might just do that.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Fan Made Fallout :rofl:
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Serifan wrote:I might just do that.

Poor FmF.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It's not like FMF will ever be released anyway.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

They've held out longer than any other mod.

Mutants rising, Ianout, Fanout, only FMF has survived.

(Thi in defense of Fanout, me and Corpse were active long after everyone else disaperd, and it onlu ended when I used admin access to close the fourm and end teh necromancy)
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

teh necromancy?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

PsychoSniper wrote:They've held out longer than any other mod.

(Thi in defense of Fanout, me and Corpse were active long after everyone else disaperd, and it onlu ended when I used admin access to close the fourm and end teh necromancy)
What are those mods about? Are they like Wasteland Merc, or are they actually worth playing?
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
PsychoSniper wrote:They've held out longer than any other mod.

What are those mods about? Are they like Wasteland Merc, or are they actually worth playing?

They're dead.

I dont know about the other ones, but Fanout was going to be pretty cool, based on the plans we had for it.

Basic plot was going to be as follows (writing from memory tho)

Old pre-war resort town (which didnt get nuked and is virtualy undammaged) also had a secret vault, which was a reasearch facility for biological and chemichal weapons.

They plan to do a enclave ala FO2 kill everyone scheme.

Game starts with your characther waking up in a deserted village.

Everyones dead, they killed eachother, then themselves.

A trading party that enters the town

You have amnesia, wounded, and cant really remember much.

You start out with not mutch, we were planning of having the player model either be a vault suit or some other custom FRM file starting out.

They drop you off at another town, and you recover.

This would have been were you have the majority of your early growth (as weapons and armor to face anything in the wastes would be much harder to come by)

The town was going to be prolly over 10 map screens if Im remembering right, with various maps in the sewer system, the town itself, and upstairs/downstairs.

NW of the town would have been a BoS bunker, were some BoS splinter group lived. (if I remember right, not everyone in the team wanted them to be BoS, some wanted them to be decendents of US military)

They dont live there anymore, as they were wiped out.

We were planning in a demo version with a 3x3 worldmap, then from there make the rest of the mod.

The full plot would be basicly find out who wiped out the BoS like group, and try to discover what happend to you in the town were you lost your memory.

You'd discover that the town you were in was wiped out by a bio weapon that makes people go violently mad, killing others then themelves, and the town with the bunker udner it was were it was made at, dealing with that group (or helping them) as well as using their tech would be one plot line that would be avalible, also IIRC the PC was going to be from that town, a person whom was (for reasons you get to partily pick, based on how you RP it) exiled and memory wiped, and dumped in the city the bio weapon is tested in (but you're immune to it)

There were going to be a few other factions wiping whole towns out, but none would really be that hi-tech, mainly just large in size and area controlled.

We also planned to have shit like multiple smaller towns and stuff, which might not last thruout the game depending on some choices made, as well as special encounters.

That said, very little got made, as it died after about a month, basicly me and Corpse were doing what we could, everyone else just talked and argued and didnt do much for the most part.
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

FMF ? Lol ,fmf diead al000ng tiem aggo!!1 :rofl:
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

FMF hasn't been seriously in development since it was announced. The developers just lay around getting drunk and having phone sex.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

FmF is still DEAD
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Who knows, maybe they'll actually <strike>scribble</strike> release another piece of concept art this year? :?
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Maybe.
Maybe theyll dump the whole project and use the fallout 3 engine to start over.
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
Our Host!