On Supermutants

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

On Supermutants

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Editorial ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>Just a quick thought:</p><p>I just saw the <a href="http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/" target="_self">new trailer</a> for the upcoming <a href="http://incrediblehulk.marvel.com/" target="_self">The Incredible Hulk</a> movie with <strong>Edward Norton</strong> in the starring role. The trailer shows off Norton as the Hulk, and <strong>Tim Roth</strong> as Emil "The Abomination" Blonsky.</p><p>I hadn't really realized it before, but the Hulk in this trailer is way more along the lines of what I think a supermutant should look like, whereas The Abomination looks pretty much exactly like the Behemoth from Fallout 3. Is this Edward Norton's* subtle jab at the direction Bethesda's art department took for the new supermutants? You decide.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>*Edward Norton may or may not be a rabid <em>Fallout</em> fan. We won't know until he comes here and tells us. </p>
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Edward Norton is freaking awesome.

I would make love to him.

If I was a chick.

or maybe I would anyway....
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

One word: Awesome.

will they have it w/ English subtitles in Shanghai, KoC?

:giggle:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Of the two in the trailer the hulk looks more like a super mutant for sure, except for the hair though.

I'm still surprised that they greenlighted(lawl) a second Hulk movie after the first one wasn't so great and I thought bombed at the box office. The story for this one is also pretty bad but should create some fun action.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
rabidpeanut
Perpetual SDF

Post by rabidpeanut »

Hopefully this movie is good enough damage control to fix the other fuck up.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

As a general rule of thumb.
Spin offs suck. (Lacking the original *talent* from the first movie and all of the story and... shit)
Sequels suck. (Some exceptions. But mostly they do. Do i need to remind anyone of 'Starship Troopers 2'? Or the last 438972349 'Rambos' and 'Rockys' or of all 'The crow' spin offs)
Prequels suck. (Fuck spelling. You heard me. :chew: )
Movies suck. (Take a walk around the block. Fatty. :paper: )
"Banned in 2 posts" :salute:
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
King of Creation wrote: Aaannnnnnnnd to the wasteland :salute:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

you're dumb, Rambo IV and Rocky VI are masterpieces
Last edited by Thor Kaufman on Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
spokomptonjdub
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by spokomptonjdub »

As far as I know, this movie isn't really a sequel, its a reboot of the franchise and it won't so much as hint at the events of the first movie. You know, because Ang Lee royally fucked the first one.
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

*cough* Final Fantasy 9
Subhuman wrote:A guy ripping open his anus, a man in chaps getting fucked by a horse, and a girl spewing enema all over her face in a bathtub are okay, but a 15 year-old's cock is off-limits. Only on DAC.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Thor Kaufman wrote:you're dumb, Rambo IV and Rocky VI are masterpieces
You said Rocky 5 earlier, your lucky I didn't reply sooner. You made the right choice in the end though.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

rocky v is so horrible, I always forget about it and get totally :consufed: :M
Echoes
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Echoes »

rambo IV is a masterpiece?Omg,makes me wanna ask for your age,but it's obvious ;]
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Echoes wrote:rambo IV is a masterpiece?Omg,makes me wanna ask for your age,but it's obvious ;]
What's wrong with Rambo IV? It is a masterpiece for its genre, just look at the typical amount of bullshit that is released on a day to day basis.
When you watch Rambo, you're not expecting some creative fucking bullshit or amazing cinematography, you're in for 2h of pure actions with an epic (yet blatantly predictable) finale. And that is what you get. That is a genre by itself. And Rambo IV did a good fucking job at it.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Echoes wrote:rambo IV is a masterpiece?Omg,makes me wanna ask for your age,but it's obvious ;]

your reply makes it sound like you're a young adult treating rambo IV as another hollywood action flick, completely oblivious of the critical undertone in this film

http://www.asianpacificpost.com/portal2 ... ma.do.html

do your background research before jumping on the rambo-bashing bandwagon, rambo IV does to films what Citizen Kane failed to do back in the day :gnasher:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Go back to sucking some bethesda cock while wearing a silly hat and drinking latte, you pretentious jewbag. :chew:
hat_man99
Bombastic Mullet
Bombastic Mullet

Post by hat_man99 »

Oi. Leave hats out of this nigro :M
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The first Hulk movie was pretty good I thought, but it dad Eric Bana. Now I don't have anything against Edward Norton, but he's just not Hulk.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Deja vu. I would swear they already did something like this a few years ago. :smoke_more_crack:
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Speed_demon
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Speed_demon »

Rocky and Rambo are champions of their genre noob. Side note: Gonna Fly Now starts off my workout music, along side feindflug, malhavoc, lamb of god, biohazard and combichrist

I watched the Eye and Into the wild with my girlie this weekend

The Eye was a do-over from a chinese movie that was probably WAY better than the lamefest I saw. Basically a 6th sense ripoff. Albas boobies were the only redeeming feature
RATING: 2 boobies out of 10 :drunk:

Into the Wild was about some teenage angst kid who went on a spiritual journey to alaska. In reality, he didn't pack or buy most of the survival gear he needed, he relied on other people to protect him, feed him and gear him up. Then he went and ruined a moose he somehow killed with a ".22" .22 LR? fuck off .22 Hornet, maybe if he shot an eye, carotid or testicle.

Then the little hypocritical beeyotch died because he wouldn't read his native flora/fauna book and find some nuts and berries to eat. Or maybe fish from the river that was 10 feet from his camp. I am glad I was drunk, it made for some fun movie-bashing I give it
RATING: 1 tarded college boy out of 10 :drunk:
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Yeah, I don't understand all the hate for the first Hulk, anyway. "DURR THERE ARENT ENOUGH ACTIOIN SCEENZ".
I hadn't really realized it before, but the Hulk in this trailer is way more along the lines of what I think a supermutant should look like, whereas The Abomination looks pretty much exactly like the Behemoth from Fallout 3. Is this Edward Norton's* subtle jab at the direction Bethesda's art department took for the new supermutants? You decide.
Isn't the Hulk rather clean for a supermutant? I mean, he hasn't got all the random lumps and bad skin. Also he has a rather upright pose compared to the always-curved muties.
Our Host!