Tile help

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Tile help

Post by Ed the Monkey »

yeah...so i'm working on these tiles, right? and i end up exporting the tile to an immage file that i edit with photoshop, i get it the way i want, and i import it back into RedViewer, but i still have two problems... first i don't know how to make the background invisable, and second the bounding box appears at the TOP of the Zar I imported to be the tile. a bounding box at the top of something really isn't very useful... so are there any texts I could get to help with this, or is there anyone who could explain?
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Make sure you use a transparant layer in photoshop.

As for the bounding box, use the click on the "Edit offset - Picture" option and then click to center the bounding box on your tile. Then to touch up and center it in an easyer fashion, simply use the arrow keys on the keyboard...

I just verified that the ZAR converter supplied in the editor actually makes the transparancy, and it does.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

thanx

Post by Ed the Monkey »

it's working perfectally now... i gotta kick you down some serious props man, i've programmed before and i know it's the shits to make anything work. this proggie is pretty cool and useful... thanx again
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Red

Post by Red »

Next version in full DirectX 8 flavour! :D
Our Host!