Old Fallout fan, lost, need help for FTBOS

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Nameless_One wrote:I just got no time, a bored spirit and a busy shell combination. :bored:
Yeah, because moderating the FOT forum is a full-time job. If Temaperacl and Retlaw83 are feeling too stressed, we may have to rely on Winston Henry.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Nameless_One wrote: Caleb is right about the mathematics of the xp rewarding
This was established long ago. The only xp that is awarded individually is for healing and repairing otherwise if you kill someone worth 10xp everyone gets 10xp no matter how many are in your party and if the reward for completing an objective is 100xp everyone gets 100xp regardless.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

VasikkA wrote:
Nameless_One wrote:I just got no time, a bored spirit and a busy shell combination. :bored:
Yeah, because moderating the FOT forum is a full-time job. If Temaperacl and Retlaw83 are feeling too stressed, we may have to rely on Winston Henry.
oh yeah Alex - Winston Henry made this great game called "Killa" - you should try it! It's probably better than the console Fallout game!
:giggle:
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Retlaw83 = jizzim83 ?
���������
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Quit following me, you fucking stalker.
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

VasikkA wrote:
Then call it that I don`t have any idea about how to put a finger on a keyboard`s buttons...Think about this : You got a job(your own job) which starts at 8.00am / finishs at 8.00pm; now this is a full-time job and my only time for myself is sunday.I don`t want to see a computer screen outside my company at my off times.(I`m writing these from office)
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

First of all sorry for double posting.
requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:
Nameless_One wrote: Caleb is right about the mathematics of the xp rewarding
This was established long ago. The only xp that is awarded individually is for healing and repairing otherwise if you kill someone worth 10xp everyone gets 10xp no matter how many are in your party and if the reward for completing an objective is 100xp everyone gets 100xp regardless.
Uhm,sure? :? (I mean that`s ok about your healing,repairing etc. skill using part but number of members matters for the base combat xp. for each character as I know.)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Nameless_One wrote:but number of members matters for the base combat xp. for each character as I know.)
Nope makes no difference, the game awards experience to your player index not individuals (other than any use of first aid, doctor, repair and science). This is part of the reason squad members continue to gain experience if returned to the recruit pool.
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

...and if you are saying this for a second time then this probably means you took its math. part for both a full squad and for just main character in combat; right?...which makes you %100 sure.Ok,then.

I don`t believe, I`m not even that psycho at gaming :giggle:
alex
SDF!
SDF!

Post by alex »

Checking my squad and I figure out that the guys I recruited (aside from Farsight and Stitch) are NOT the characters I edited.

I've modified the files for 3 characters (Torn, Jax, Robin, iirc), but they don't show up on the Alpha Bunker after mission 1. Even after editing my main character to Senior Initiate, I don't have those 3 characters (rank Initiate) even though I now have the option to recruit higher-level characters (Ice, etc.). Why is this happening? Any help?
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

:no: pm you msn or take mine from my profile, I`ll try to explain its reasons and try to give some solutions with some details later...
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

He wants hardcore CS with you.
���������
Nameless_One
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Nameless_One »

Dreadnaught; cut your dick and stuff your ass with it. :|
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Nameless_One wrote:Dreadnaught; cut your dick and stuff your ass with it. :|
you go, girl! :dance:
sarge112
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by sarge112 »

QFE
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

um, not to kill your posting buzz or anything sarge but i'm pretty sure you have to actually quote something for "QFE" to make sense.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Nameless_One wrote:...and if you are saying this for a second time then this probably means you took its math. part for both a full squad and for just main character in combat; right?...which makes you %100 sure.Ok,then.

I don`t believe, I`m not even that psycho at gaming :giggle:
Yes, having spent the best part of 4.5 years modding the game, I'm certain. Plus as I said this was established long ago (not by me) any experience reward (other than skill applications) is applied equally to your squad not divided between them.
Nameless_One wrote::no: pm you msn or take mine from my profile, I`ll try to explain its reasons and try to give some solutions with some details later...
Or they could try the modding forum like everyone else wanting to modify the game.
alex wrote:Checking my squad and I figure out that the guys I recruited (aside from Farsight and Stitch) are NOT the characters I edited.
Did you start a new game after making your changes? What did you use to edit them with? You might have corrupted the files.
PiP

Post by PiP »

you heathen asses should all thank requiem for putting up with ya :rolleyes:
sarge112
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by sarge112 »

atoga wrote:um, not to kill your posting buzz or anything sarge but i'm pretty sure you have to actually quote something for "QFE" to make sense.
QFE
alex
SDF!
SDF!

Post by alex »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:
alex wrote:Checking my squad and I figure out that the guys I recruited (aside from Farsight and Stitch) are NOT the characters I edited.
Did you start a new game after making your changes? What did you use to edit them with? You might have corrupted the files.
Edited with the Fallout Editor. Characters are "legal" (ie, no superstat, and made only with the "make" button). Files are "unpacked" with the Fallout Booster program, so no .bos files here but just .ent files in folders.

And yes, it's busted for both "current" games and for "new" games.
Our Host!