CNC vs. Starcraft

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

CNC v. Starcraft

CNC
31%
StarCraft
69%

Total votes: 16

Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Oh, Tiberian Sun was awful, has to be one of the worst RTS games i've played. I haven't played RA2 yet, and i probably never will, i think RA1 was boring, i didn't even finish either campaign, just played a few skirmishes and that's that.

The most enjoyable RTS i remember is Dune 2, with Starcraft and C&C as runner-ups. Though the only one of those i play at the moment is Starcraft. I liked Warcraft 2 as well, fun game though not spectacularrrr.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I liked Dune 2 but I found Emperor: Battle For Dune to be better, if somewhat harder...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Homeworld is good, and command and conquer is ok. A bit repetitive though, so I just got red alert 2 and play that from time to time.

I haven't played starcraft or Total Annihilation yet :oops:.

Any good sites to look up information on either of them?
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

wow, someone who has yet to play starcraft... in a way i envy you pyro, you havent gotten sick of the game yet :P

on starcraft: blizzard have some good info i think, as well as tons of fan sites
Hello New Jersey
tux
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by tux »

SC had one of the better storylines in an RTS... exept for that game where you had to grow some drug and use it to control your soldiers. Can't remember the name though.
tux
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by tux »

I think it was called LED wars. (pronounced led, not L E D)
Ashmo
Respected
Respected

Post by Ashmo »

Command & Conquer and StarCraft can't really be compared.
I loved StarCraft, but C&C TD is still the best RTS I ever played.
Everything after TD was worse than the original. Even RA didn't convince me.
The difference between C&C and SC is that C&C was just plain modern warfare (or something supposed to be like that) and SC was ... well... StarCraft.
The units in StarCraft had some funny animations and somehow it didn't feel as much like war as C&C did. SC always stayed something like a broad-scale RPG for me, must have something to do with the fact that I played it mostly singleplayer and worked on some mods for it as well.
It's like comparing Diablo and Fallout. It's just not the same.
M2K wrote:HELLO
Dan wrote:LEAVE.
Jack_Deth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Jack_Deth »

I have to agree with Ashmodai, the appeal of C&C Tiberian Dawn was that it was and still is the best "modern war" game. The only thing it lacked was air-to-air combat, everything else was great. Multiplayer was also great, but you had to do this over modem-to-modem which hadn't totally caught on when CNC came out.
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

Homeworld is a different game altogether. I don't think it even belongs in the same place and these two.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

Homeworld is god.
Starcraft is in its shadow, yet most CNC games are alike, you have the DUNE2, C&C, RA, TS phase, then you have the fast pased almost fps like RA2, E:BD then you will have the generals phase.
Also, the world of starcraft is as much a group of cliches as any CNCs. It just kept you going through plot twists. Homeworld on the other hand................
Our Host!