Fallout 3 city names and area

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Cameron Hobson
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cameron Hobson »

Saskatchawan is already a desolate wasteland :P

But ya... Maybe Washington and southern B.C. would be good.
Stop Fallout Fantasy! Click here!
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

Sorry OTB, it was only after a while I realized he might have been talking about the state. :oops:
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

the windy city is chicago. not seattle.

and before you apologize, i forgive you :P
Genghis Khan
Regular
Regular

Post by Genghis Khan »

:oops:

But anyway lets get back to the subject what do you think about FO3 being set in the state of Washington?
Knight
Respected
Respected

Post by Knight »

The Great Canadian Crossing!

There still should be a war going on between a few remnants of the American and Canadian forces. It eventually becomes a guierilla war, oh and there should be a town that is placed right in the middle of the old border between the two countries! These guierillas still have some power armor left [they were able to maintain it that long] and live in a old base they still use. They haven't met anyone else in decades, sometimes they do but they continue on with the battle!
Mutated seals and whales with gree glowing ice to go around! Beer gets better too! Pine trees that are a intelligent enough to walk around! Super patriotic survivors! Icy waste lands! I LIKE IT! :P

Washington is a state near Canada...right? :?
"The new world is a dangerous place." - Knight
nightshade
SDF!
SDF!

Location and City Names

Post by nightshade »

Hmmmmm......I like the Wasingtion STATE idea. I am from the Paciifc Northwest, Oregon specifically, and someway I can actually see it as a really good setting. Washington has pretty much everything non fictional if the game developers want to go that way. You got really big cities, seattle, olympia, and tacoma, one major city out in the east, Spokane, and a spettran of other cities. Hehehe....Military bases....Oh boy, oh boy. Ft. freakin Lewis people. Think about it. I would also inculde Oregon also, and maybe the western part of Idaho, just to give the unborken northern directional flow.

City names I think should be Fallout 2 naming style, a mix of post war and pre war names. Oh and btw, there was only one city in Fallout 2 that had a prewar name and I thought it was extrememly appropiate, San Francisco. Heck, you can stretch to two to Klamath, refering to Klamath Falls, Oregon (look at the postcard on the town location in Klamath and you will see what I mean) But all the rest are fictional like fallout.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

In one form fallout is really a western... this indicates that it should stay west. I didn't really care too much for tactics being set in the midwest, but we all know that tactics departed quite a bit from the other two... bah. FO3 should be back on the west cost, with the FO1 naming style... i don't really care how far north it is, but i do like new reno.... maybe it could be moved south and we could see some vegitation growing after the blast... see what the jungles in mexico mutated to... maybe just make a really big map that extends up into BC and down to mexico. I'd be kinda cool to see some tribals reinabiting the myan ruins or something... i dunno.. I don't care i suppose, as long as it's good and on the west cost.
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
The_one-1
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by The_one-1 »

Maybe its just me but the boneyard from F01 and the Den from f02 are almost identicle. A small fence aroundthe town, 2guards patroling the entrance. same building placement. SPOOKY!
Would you like to get high with that?
The_one-1
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by The_one-1 »

I wonder what ever happened to Alaska, russian probobly took it over. And hawiia, japan probobly took it over as well.
Would you like to get high with that?
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

Ghetto Goose wrote:the windy city is chicago. not seattle.
and before you apologize, i forgive you :P
Yeah Seattle would be the Emerald City.
I think Washington would be a great idea, esapecially Seattle because there are always cargo ships coming and going from China, wonder what'd be like to arrive in Seattle and have it all burnt to the ground.
Who knows, the whole thing might be ruled by mutant asians.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

oh...

you should be able to go everywhere in FO1/FO2

revisite places.

and... see how they turned out (Find harold somewhere...again!)
heres this:
its pretty much exactly where fallout2 took place.
wheres all the water?
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

lol, there isnt even a destroyed city where sacremento was
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wow, I've never thought of Washington State before and I think its a great idea for a new area. You could actually have the most northern locations from Fallout 2 there. The new Arroyo, which looks completely different now thanks to GECK. Klamath, The Den maybe? At least Klamath because it didn't have an ending in FO2 so its future is open. And we'd finally get a new area to explore and maybe some slightly new environments than the desert wasteland in California.
Genghis Khan
Regular
Regular

Post by Genghis Khan »

here's a map of washington i found at http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/
"I'm going in the crawl space again!"
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Looks like my screen is full of black, tiny bugs rather than a map. Or is it just my browser?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I've marked on the above map where the fallout 2 citys more or less are.

ImageImage
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

I think washington to Baja would be great- Posttt apoc mexico would rock. It would rock really really well.
I have spoken.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Let's move out of the areas we've explored before, shall we? Washington state - baja is a rather large area and it includes the areas we've seen before, though I think post apoc mexico would be an interesting setting. Definitely an option, together with some parts of USA.

By the way, Mariposa and the military base seem to be awfully far away from each other :wink:
Genghis Khan
Regular
Regular

Post by Genghis Khan »

Looks like my screen is full of black, tiny bugs rather than a map. Or is it just my browser?
Oops sorry, my fault here’s a link that will lead to some maps to download of Washington state.
http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ppsc/aerial/Maps/default.htm
"I'm going in the crawl space again!"
Our Host!