FALLOUT: The Power Wars

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Bread
SDF!
SDF!

FALLOUT: The Power Wars

Post by Bread »

This is just an idea for a mod. Don't cream in your pants in anticipation just yet. :twisted:
------------------------------------------
Fallout: The Power Wars for RED FACTION

I'd like to take the fallout universe and put it into a 3d engine. Actually, the Red Faction engine. The main two reasons for this are:

1. Geo-Mod Technology. Nothing like walking into town, levelling the place, and moving on. 8O

2. Drivable vehicles. Not only would it add a more realistic feel, driving a highwayman or jeep through town, but it would also let you cruise through the wasteland in style. 8)

-----------------------------

Other features of the game might include:

1. Ability to Prone, Crouch, and Stand. This isn't entirely necessary in a first person shooter but it would add to the realism as well as please those sticklers out there that really love the Delta Force series and wish to do a bit of sniping.

2. First and Third Person Views. It would be good to have both due to the large amount of players out there who enjoy tomb raider style gameplay.

3. Scope View. I had in mind something like Delta Force so it doesn't turn the entire screen into your scope as Red Faction has it set up.

4. A Vast Arsenal at your disposal. A wide selection of weapons to customize your gaming experience.

5. Customizable weapons. Some weapons can get: Scopes, laser sights(mainly for 3rd person view), hi-cap mags, fire mode upgrades(burst, full auto), Caliber upgrades, engravings, custom handles(brahmin horn, gecko skin), and gold plating.

6. Arena Mode. Much like Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome. It would be a steel cage deathmatch between the player and a variety of npc characters, played for experience, cash and prizes. Two man enter, one man leave.

7. Prison System. For the more homicidally inclined. Those wishing to become town killers will have to deal with the law. Bounty Hunters and Citadel Guards will chase you down, across the wastes. If captured, you will spend the rest of your stinking life in THE CITADEL, a large prison facility dominating the scorched landscape.

-----------------------------------

A brief summary of the towns and the changes they are going through:

ARROYO:
Originally, this was a teepee infested village full of uneducated tribals. After the Chosen One recovered the holy G.E.C.K., it became a full fledged city, thriving for years. It was only when the Enclave returned to power that it was destroyed. Now, only a few villagers remain, trying to reclaim their lives like a phoenix from the ashes. Monuments to the Chosen One and Vault Dweller are pretty much the only things left standing.

NEW RENO:
The gangsters of old have given way to the new. The city is divided solely among two groups: the yakuza and the Pintoreli crime family. The two are constantly at war, stopping all boxing competitions and threatening the gambling and prostitution rackets.

NEW CALIFORNIA REPUBLIC:
Although the firearms and cattle trade are still strong, the government is in upheaval. President Tandi has been assassinated along with every member of her staff. Two lethal factions will do anything to take control of the town, even kill every person in it.

DEN:
The slave trade, under new leadership, still thrives here. The operation has expanded, now dealing in the thousands. Den has become the official hub of the slaver world. The entire town is filled with slavers, jet heads, and gang bangers. Nothing more. No good can survive here.

SAN FRANSISCO:
The city has fallen under the Lo Pan Dynasty. They learn Lo Pan Kung Fu and remain oppressed by strict rule. The Hubologists, never being able to lift off into space, have been destroyed. The religion is dead along with all of it's members. The dock which once housed a large freight ship, now holds a horde of homeless people and a non functioning speed boat in need of a fusion battery.

VAULT 21:
This was the last vault to open in the wastes. It was a one of a kind experimental Cryo-Vault, keeping it's inhabitants frozen until it was safe to re-enter the world. The hero of our story is from this vault. Due to a malfunction, he remained frozen a bit longer than he was supposed to. He awakens to find everyone gone. Holotape footage shows that they were taken by a group known as the Enclave. To where, nobody knows.

VAULT CITY:
The most fortified city in the wastes. It is under siege by an army of raiders, those that were refused entrance into the city. With it's defenses gone and walls crumbling, it is only a matter of time before the city is taken.

ALCATRAZ ISLAND:
This ancient island/prison has become home to the Enclave. While most of their forces were destroyed in an atomic explosion, this top secret base thrived. It is supposedly where the prisoners of Vault 21 are being kept as scientific lab rats.

VAULT 13:
Home of the Vault Dweller, questing place of the Chosen One, center for a cult hell bent of technology. The Machina Cult is building an army of biomechanical cyborgs in a plot to take over the wastes. They contain detailed information on the Brotherhood of Steel, Enclave, and plans for total domination. They also have a working jeep and some spare fusion batteries...

NAVARRO:
It was once the mainland outpost for the Enclave. Now, it is home to an ill-tempered group of super mutants, angry at their creators. All that's left is a few looted buildings and an aircraft hangar containing a powerless vertibird. If only it had a fusion battery...

RAIDER BASE:
Hidden in the wasteland, this base is home to hundreds of raiders. They scour the wasteland for goods, even if they must be taken by brute force, and return here to stockpile them. Currently, they are trying to overthrow Vault City. If they succeed, they will continue to grow until they become a super power, bent on taking everything for themselves.

BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL BASE:
The technology center of the wasteland...For now. They were once the tech-super power with chapters stemming out to several cities. However, the Machina Cult at Vault 13 and return of the Enclave are threatening their very existance.

GECKO:
This was once a town filled with ghouls and a working nuclear reactor. However, as it fell into disrepair, the reactor suffered a meltdown killing the inhabitants of Gecko as well as any neighboring town within a ten mile radius. Slowly, life has returned but the ghouls are no more. Those that remain in the wasteland have become evil creatures, angry at anyone that looks normal.

BROKEN HILLS:
This was once a town with a dream. A dream of unifying humans and super mutants. It is a dream that will never be realized. After the unexplained murder of the town Sheriff, a super mutant, war broke out between the human cattle men and mutant miners. The conflict continues to this day, making Broken Hills an all-out war zone.

-----------------------------------------

The game will also feature an extremely large arsenal of weapons, a few npc allies that will join your quest, plenty of equipment, Augmentations, Perks, Traits, enemies, vehicles, and skills. But, as i've taken up enough space already, i'll save those for later.

My two bits,

:twisted: Bread :twisted:
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Not a bad idea, but certainly a very difficult to implement! You' re expecting for the tools to be released, I take it in order to start.
Ganymedes
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ganymedes »

The idea is certainly good, but as Flamescreen said, very difficult to do... The biggest problem, as far as I see it, is to implement a decent dialogue system... If you were to embark on such a mod, how would you try to accomplish that?
Fallout Forever!
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

Although it sounds nice I'm not going to go buy Red Faction. :wink:
Bread
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Bread »

Well, as for a dialogue system. I would probably just try to set it up like the Dialogue system in Fallout 2. That would avoid a lot of the hassle. However, being primarily a first person shooter, some players might not like that setup.

Still waiting on the tools for Red Faction though. Nothing, as far as I can tell, has been released yet. Instead, I believe they were working on a sequel or something like that over at Volition.

Another, more tricky thing I would like to add to the game is this:

Player Modification
----------------------

Other than augmentations, players should be able to customize the look of their character throughout the game.

- Tribal Tattoos: An assortment of designs ranging from arm bands to full body.

- Piercings: Ranging from Earrings to Metal body spikes.

- Wasteland Tattoos: An assortment of tattoos featuring the creatures and consumer products for which the wastes are famous.

- Raider Tattoos: An assortment of tattoos featuring images and objects relative to the Raider way of life.

- Slaver Tattoo: A big fat "SLAVER" right across your forehead.

- Cybernetic Limbs - Replacement metal parts designed as fully functional prosthetic devices.

- Hair Style - Ranging from Shaved heads and mohawks to Full Fledged Afro Puffs.

--------------------------------------------------

Later,

Bread
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Sounds decent, and I already own Red Faction. But it seems to centered on action.
Rel@x_Guy
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Rel@x_Guy »

i wanted to play a fallout themed fps since i played fallout 1 way back in the day.

how would u handle the outside of town areas?

the same way? that'd be alot of land to model.. does red faction have a similar system to half life? where u can travel between levels?

seems like alot of work, i expect to see it finished by tommorow.
I am Lonley
- Rel@x_Guy (18531075)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/relax_guy/
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

well if you leave a town, it could transport you to a wasteland map, where either mutants, critters or raiders are places and wander around.
Our Host!