Total communication surveillance in EU countires

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

Yeah OK, I admit that 3 years in da EU for Lithuania is like, 9/11 times a thousand, but it's only now when we have to accept a law according to this shit, which is already legislated in most other EU countries. This crap (namely, total Data retention Legislation) makes Orwell roll over in his grave (and brings EU too close to a police state society), so what do you fellow European (and what not) DACers think about all this Patriot-Act-ish bullshit in EU?

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

As long as Megatron is watching over me, I feel safe.
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Megatron macht den Endsieg möglich
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

It's only a logical step, more EU and centralism means more power for fewer people who haven't even been legitimized by the populace, hence even less democracy.

Not like anyone cares :/
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

sounds good to me, where do i join?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

in 5 years we will be living in gated communities with private security, & all the poor can get fucked and relocated to densely populated shanty towns in lithuania that will constantly be ruined by tropical storms from the arctic ocean :medievalism:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

if i was big brother, which i am, you can feel safe if your homes as i am pretty relaxed when it comes to being a bad guy.
:chew:
jawleSS
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by jawleSS »

Code: Select all

this shit will not prevent me from dirnkin' euro beer
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

1984 was a good year

"# July 21 - In Jackson, Michigan, a factory robot crushes a worker against a safety bar in what is apparently the first robot-related death in the United States."
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

It's scary and depressing but I don't know what to do, so I leave it up to you.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

THOUGHT VIRUSES, ha ha. :drunk:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Dogmeatlives wrote:It's scary and depressing but I don't know what to do, so I leave it up to you.
Jesus Loves The Little Children

"Jesus loves the little children / All the children of the world. / Red and yellow, black and white, / They are precious in His sight. / Jesus loves the little children of the world."

edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

We have to defend ourselves against Eurasia!
���������
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

Dreadnought wrote:We have to defend ourselves against Eurasia!
You have never been at war with Eurasia. Eurasia has always been your friend.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

���������
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

'Been activated here in DK for a little over a week now.
It's being critisized heavily, by everyone though, except the bitch who made the details.
Testicular Pugilist
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

atoga wrote:in 5 years we will be living in gated communities with private security, & all the poor can get fucked and relocated to densely populated shanty towns in lithuania that will constantly be ruined by tropical storms from the arctic ocean :medievalism:
I can live with that. :chew:
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

The EU does not want the member states to do this before at least 2009 or 2011. However, Denmark has done this since Sept. 15th of 2007. Sweden, Germany & Great Britain have been against this from the start, especially the whole internet surveillance thing...

The obviously feel that the internet thing is a bit much and would be satisfied wih much less control & survellaiance in the EU, say just for cell phones as these has been proven to be used in the terrorists attacks in Madrid and London. (and just to be clear in this, no, I don't condone any terrorists attacks for whatever reasons --- ever....)

The thing is,however, that in Denmark all internet & phone & internet providers are being forced to by law to save any&all digital data trafficking. This means any internetwebsite, (or package), cell phone number and normal phone number.

When I call to say my bank or my big sister or order a train ticket on the phone, the authorities could in theory get access to that information. Why the would need to know that I called my bank or ordered a train ticket to another city, I don't know. Or rather I'd do. The authorities are so afraid of DK being hit by a terrorist bomb, that they are out to make all people in all EU member states be seen as potential terrorists, thus creating a sense of fear in the populations of the EU member states which mean that they more easily can control the situation - and the population...

In Denmark, the ISP number of the computer dialing out is stores, the is the ISP number of say DuckandCover, or NMA or say gameboomers.com
When I phone my bank, the phone companies are now required to make a note of my phone number, the bank's phone number, how long I talked to the bank, and some other stuff, I forgot about. The same goes for cell phones. But wait, there's more...

All hotels, from the smallest Bed&Breakfasts to the biggest Sheraton Hotels need also do this, i.e. they need to record both the internet traffic and the phone calls, their guests make. Really really experience this is. However, libraries, residential areas, and universities, schools and colleges are free from these demands. Maybe understandably so, but it makes little that you can use a computer at the library freely or at an internet café....when small bed and breakfast places with maybe 50 or so beds shall do this...

Thus making the whole population under suspicion. The security police, STASI (staatssicherheitsdienst) in the now closed DDR would have been so proud. They never had the opportunities our legal elected represen-tatives now are given to the security police in the EU member states.

/aries100
please support http://www.gamerdad.com - the
voice of reason when it comes to gaming and children

support democracry - please visit
http://www.whydemocracy.net/home
Our Host!