Weapon breakages

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Weapon breakages

Post by fallout ranger »

Okay, I think this is a pretty good question. I need to know if it's possible to script weapon breakages. I was thinking of making ammo that you get that can jam your gun, blow it up, bulge the cylinder, whatever. Can it be done?
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

This damn forum needs more posters...
does this work
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

question is what would you want the effect to come out as? have every weapon maybe have a fixed rate of unjamming? maybe base it on you sci/repair skill? start it at 14 and have it be less for every 20%? i could see it if you modded the weapons to add a new firing more, set it as a forced(kind of like a reload) and set it at like .005% chance as happening every time the gun was fired maybe? not too familiar with the engine but thats how i would see the code working.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

fallout ranger wrote:This damn forum needs more posters...
Queue James Hetfield yalping "SAD BUT TRUEEE."
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Vault Maker
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Vault Maker »

I mostly lurk and read (not a modder), but I don't think this is possible. As far as I know, the only way to break a gun is to aim at the shooter's weapon arm and get lucky, or to set the entity to broken in the editor.

I think On The Bounce posted an idea to have ammo variants that are postwar reloads of old shells, which would have lower accuracy/damage/etc. than prewar ammo. I like the thought of trying to draw more distinctions between prewar and postwar tech. Also, postwar "crappy" ammo and prewar "better" ammo kind of makes more sense than "ball" versus "armor-piercing", since AP is mostly pretty silly. "Postwar" to "prewar" is more like a typical RPG "upgrade path".

Hmm, that starts to sound like "I've got some deathclaw slaying bullets, they've got a plus nine against deathclaws". Not THAT kind of upgrade path.
Our Host!