All the GOOD things confirmed in FO3

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Locke
Respected
Respected

Post by Locke »

popscythe wrote:See, I'm bad at wii tennis, but that was pretty much the face I made when I heard someone say that constantly playing 200 year old music 100 years after a (global?) apocalypse over the only two motherfucking radio stations on the eastern seaboard was a really good idea.
but the monkeyish shit like fucking tool's singer appearing on posters in F2 is appropriate? :bored:
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

No, it wasn't cool. That's exactly why Bethesda tried to sell copies to FO1 diehards by claiming they were taking the "referential" humor out of fallout 3.

Then of course, as we all fucking know, they projectile shit all over the franchise with non-directly referential british comedy characters inhabiting the entirety of the eastern seaboard, pocket nukes ala MDK and flaming swords.

At least the referential comedy in Fallout 2 was constant. It wasn't (imo) the way to go with a dark video game, however it was the tone that was set. They picked their path, and went balls out on it with every area in the game having tons of references.

I don't recall them ever once having a press conference where they explained the limitations of their reused game engine by claiming that eye and groin shots are too "humorous" and then including the fucking toaster from Red Dwarf in every goddamn room.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Ummm, I'm frightened to post in this thread now.

But I liked the ability to build your own weapons out of scrap. Except the portable nuke launcher, that's just juvenile.

I like the radio station idea, and the addition of actual realistic radioactivity (which you can remove by drinking water). Erm, okay.

I'm trying to be positive here.

Tunnels and a metro network sound good. "Corpses Eaten" has a lot of potential.

And last but not least: RON PERLMAN, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Mechanurgist wrote:I like the radio station idea, and the addition of actual realistic radioactivity (which you can remove by drinking water). Erm, okay.
Actually, I think you get it from drinking water, not the other way around.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Didn't they also say you can remove rads by drinking and eating food? I may be mistaken, but I thought there was some silly way of quickly escaping from radiation.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

There's no real need to be positive. I mean, does anyone go, "At least that plague brought down property values!"

No.

As for Ron Perlman, his speech that bethesda wrote is fucking stupid. So it's like having a celebrity who's voice you love guest star on the simpsons, and then having him get hit in the groin for half an hour to the rate of the nails being pounded in the series' coffin by the shitty writing.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Locke
Respected
Respected

Post by Locke »

popscythe wrote:At least the referential comedy in Fallout 2 was constant. It wasn't (imo) the way to go with a dark video game, however it was the tone that was set. They picked their path, and went balls out on it with every area in the game having tons of references.
well the second game was rather different in tone, so is bethesda's.. output. or shall I say outpuke?
I don't recall them ever once having a press conference where they explained the limitations of their reused game engine by claiming that eye and groin shots are too "humorous" and then including the fucking toaster from Red Dwarf in every goddamn room.
I didnt intend defending bethsoft, fuck no thank you grantly. when it comes to their decision to modernize fallout, I imagine sphacelated fucking Mickey Spillane trying to rework "The Name of the Rose". anyone with at least a pocket doll representing 5% of human brain know how much fallout3 will be sophisticated swell guy-laden shit-intense unimaginative suckfest aimed at "orlando Bloom is so hot I would just die if I ever meet him cause he is so sexy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" auditory.

and yes, fans must be vocal.

and yes, if I ever meet Pete Hines feeding himself in some cheap coffee shop, I will sure as hell tell him: you fucking slavedriving homunculus, plague on you and your big nazi evil pigmobile house. back in 2007 AD, you sir were the biggest mercenary son of a bitch in the whole gaming industry err. so let me wrap you in the united states colors and fuck you right in the ear.

then i'll buy me some donuts
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

its all good.

nothing changed, except the number after da Fallout.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Locke wrote:then i'll buy me some donuts
Yer almost there. Now just stop actually reading what people are posting when you fly off the handle, and you'll fit right in.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

bloom
does this work
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Orlando.
���������
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

magic
does this work
Locke
Respected
Respected

Post by Locke »

mushroom
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

cloud
does this work
Locke
Respected
Respected

Post by Locke »

condensation nucleus counter
:drunk:
ehh.. how about:

top lidar sensor
Last edited by Locke on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

strike
does this work
Locke
Respected
Respected

Post by Locke »

down scaffolding :chainsaw:
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

accidents
does this work
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

fallout ranger wrote:accidents
this thread
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

good points... I kinda believe that Emil - having all that Thiev experience - will make non-combat solutions to quests.
atoga wrote:40s music will, imo, add a nice surreal something to the game
qfe
Mechanurgist wrote: I like the radio station idea, and the addition of actual realistic radioactivity

"Corpses Eaten" has a lot of potential.

RON PERLMAN,
qfe too
Mechanurgist wrote:Didn't they also say you can remove rads by drinking
it's STALKER, not Fo3 and it's vodka, not water.
Our Host!