Bioshlock

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

PiP wrote:make specific points about the game or gtfo both of you stupid cunts :bored:
This is DACk '67 not your democratic liberal Relic hombre :gnasher:
Serious Business.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Smiley wrote:Punch cars into the air. lol.
i can do that in the darkness lolololol demonarm!!!kewl!!
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Anyway, this thread is a bit tl;dr.

So, Bioshock Shakalaka will be out in stores tomorrow (US - today?) or in four days in Europe... meanwhile, those of you who have powerful rigs, d/l the demo and tell us if its worth an hardware upgrade, etc.

Demo here(link anonymized).
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Because getting demos is highly fucking illegal.

I am not getting the demo, it's 2GB in size - are you fucking kidding? I'll wait four days and get the full version(Which will be ~3,5 probably). Seriously, what's the point.
Serious Business.
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Koki wrote:I'll wait four days and get the full version(Which will be ~3,5 probably). Seriously, what's the point.
Around 6GB actually.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

who's the president of lithuania
entertainer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by entertainer »

Who's your Big Daddy
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

entertainer wrote:
Koki wrote:I'll wait four days and get the full version(Which will be ~3,5 probably). Seriously, what's the point.
Around 6GB actually.
It's 5GB from Steam. The retail will be packed.

Also: http://chonnom0.filezaru.com/BioShockPCDemo.zip
Serious Business.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

ah, I came to share the demo link but you ladies already have it! <3

note: AA doesn't seem to be working.
speculation: this could be why they were waiting for the nvidia/ati drivers to release.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Koki wrote:Because getting demos is highly fucking illegal.

I am not getting the demo, it's 2GB in size - are you fucking kidding? I'll wait four days and get the full version(Which will be ~3,5 probably). Seriously, what's the point.
The reason for it being on Piratebay is that apparently, Irrational released it on Fileplanet today, but locked it somehow to prohibit people from playing it today (wtf?).

The demo should have been unlocked tomorrow, but some clever pirate made a workaround for the "timelock" and Irrational told Fileplanet to pull it off their server before too many people got a hold of it and actually played(!!) it!
Many people got pissed because some of them actually payed some sort of subscription fee to be able to d/l it from FP, in the first place. Ridiculous.

Now, the people who d/led it in time before it was deleted are sharing it with the rest of us.

Anyway, Irrational/2k lost. Pirates win.

Also, with the release of the game on the horison, Ken Levine reached out to the communities and asked the people who play the game not to spoil it for the others in unmarked threads, etc... How Hary Potter of him:
Ken Levine @ 2k forums wrote:If you're going to buy the game this week, I highly recommend you stay away from any forums that might have spoilers until you play the game through. Our goal in making the game was to thrill and, often, surprise you.

Please don't ruin other people's experience by revealing secrets in unmarked threads, and if you want to enjoy the game to its fullest, stay away from any threads that might ruin the fun for you. With a game like BioShock, it will really make a difference.

Best,
Ken
Lulz.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

I already know major endgame spoiler. Thank you /v/!

Then again, I knew these dicks will throw them around, I mean it's fucking /v/ after all, so I have only myself to blame really.
Serious Business.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

they were holding for the ATI/nVidia drivers. It's fileplanet's fuck up really not IG's but yeah, the whole thing has been mishandled in what was otherwise a pretty smooth/efficient hype campaign.
Our Host!