Fallout 2 for the mac...

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Fallout 2 for the mac...

Post by Killzig »

<strong>[ -> N/A]</strong>

For you mac users-<!-- BBCode Start --><B>This post has been hijacked by Dan "Jigger Me Biscuits" Wood</B><!-- BBCode End --><br><br>Well, it worked.<br><br>Fallout 2 is coming to MacOS X. Not only that, they're patching up Fallout 1 to MacOS X as well.<br><br>The original Mac release of Fallout was only the 1.1 release, while you PC bastards had 1.2. Also, there is mention that there are patches to Fallout 2... the extent of which is questionable. Are they patching the Gecko no-win scenario or just fixing up the crappy engine that Feargus U. thinks won't make him money?<br><br>What does this mean?<br><br>Thin end of the wedge, kids. They're priming the pipeline for the new Fallout, which may be coming for multiple platforms. Or at least that's my hope. More information as we put our hooks into another PR department.
DivideOverflow

God I hope so

Post by DivideOverflow »

I would tend to agree, why else would they spend the time and effort? For MAC no less... There must be something fallout comming. They even had that recent poll about descent, and Fallout won.... I just pray they dont turn it into a tactics-ala-RPG...bah
Sukhoi
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Sukhoi »

HAHAH I heard bout that poll on the BIS forums

funny, yea they're gonna make it alright just a matter of time

FALLOUT 3 IS COMING w00000000000t!!!!111111 :lol: :evil:
"I'll be whatever I want to do!" - Fry
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Well, it's yet another sign of them thinking (at the very least!) about another Fallout... Anyways, just getting a new patch for FO2 makes me happy! Another usefull thing for FMF, especially if they patch up the engine, release the source-code or other things like that as well...
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

What's a Mac?

:mrgreen:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Post by Darwin_187 »

Holy christ, I hope you're right killian.

Otherwise, it may mean that the IP has notheing better to do than attempt to sell more copies of fallout 1&2. God help us all if that's the case.
eeeeexxxxellent...

Post by eeeeexxxxellent... »

hopfully they're getting there act together and will start on Fallout 3.
Sarge
Perpetual SDF

Post by Sarge »

Mac user never,
PC forever! :twisted:
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

I think it's another attempt by Steve Jobs to make me dump my ol' Biege G-3. Not just buy OS 10. Mac has traditionally engineered the need to buy whole new machines if you want to run an app' on the latest OS.

The Mac software market tends to release new versions that require new software prices, rather than an OS upgrade patch. I site FWB scsi software. If you want to use your old hardware that your haven't paid Apple dearly to support, you have to pay your ol' pal FWB. Still was more cost effective than buying bonified Apple hard drives at 3 times the price of PC hardware.

So don't cry over this one. Cry for those that bought Compac's and can't even add a CD burner, or top line audio card to a desk top unit, with out stress, pain, and self inflicted injury.

4too
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Max-Violence wrote:What's a Mac?

:mrgreen:
IIRC she's a Reaver 'cruit in FoT. :mrgreen:

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Mr Carrot
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Mr Carrot »

Compaq users could buy a whole new computer for the price of an equivilently useful mac.........
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Hmm... I have a Compaq, shittyi piece of crap! I'm getting new hardware this year but keeping the cabinet and screen.
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Kozmo_Naut
Respected
Respected

Post by Kozmo_Naut »

What the world really needs is Fallout for Linux!

So far, Linux (and BSD, to a degree) is the only OS that will run on anything, from PCs and Macs to PDAs and wrist-watches. From x86 and RISC to Alpha and StrongARM.

Someone even wants to make an Xbox use Linux!

http://theregister.co.uk/content/4/25993.html

Now that is cross platform computing!
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

Sony is going to offer a Linux developers kit fo' the PS 2.

http://www.us.playstation.com/product_d ... &CATID=405

""If programming is your passion, pre-order Linux for PlayStation 2 today and turn your console into a powerful desktop computer...""

4too
voodoo1man
SDF!
SDF!

Post by voodoo1man »

Considering the situation Interplay is in, it's probably a last ditch effort by both companies. Since the new Macplay probably retained exclusive rights for a Fallout port to the Mac, they're probably going to exercise them now to make some quick dough before Interplay goes under and takes the franchise rights with them - who knows what the next owner will do. Interplay, on the other hand, convinced Macplay that it would be a good idea to publish Fallout, since the only thing Interplay has to do is collect the royalties - Macplay is doing the publishing, and the Omni Group is doing the actual porting (most likely for Macplay's dough - I don't think anyone at this point is stupid enough to work for an iou from Interplay.) Now keep in mind that the above is just my speculation =].

I don't think the Omni Group will fix any content in the game, because they're not allowed to (most likely Macplay only has publishing rights, and then for one platform), and because they'd either have to use PCs or port the game tools to the mac as well. Hopefully they will fix whatever game bugs the main code has.
Dan_Wood
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Dan_Wood »

Mr Carrot wrote:Compaq users could buy a whole new computer for the price of an equivilently useful mac.........
Well, given how crap Compaq is, I'd guess you'd be about right.
Dan Wood

Nothing like a slow-moving localized apocalypse to really make you think about proper data backup procedures.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

Sukhoi wrote:FALLOUT 3 IS COMING w00000000000t!!!!111111 :lol: :evil:
I would give up hope for FO3, that day may never come...

Do u live in the GTA or downtown Sukhoi
Our Host!