Movies that you find boring...

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

yeah, but it wasn't supposed to be any good
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Ghost Rider blew ass.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Mad Max RW wrote: Half the people in my theater walked out during the opening scene. I've seen every Tarantino movie many times and this was just wordy for no other reason than extending the play time. I can't quote anything they said, and hardly recall what they were talking about in the first place. Now compare that to the beginning of Reservoir Dogs at the diner. I can remember them talking about Madonna's Like a Virgin, Steve Buscemi explaining how he doesn't leave tips, the other guys giving him shit. It was a great way to be introduced to the character's and what makes them tick. The chicks in Death Proof were just a bunch of gossiping tits with white teeth. That Australian stunt woman was the only interesting person besides Kurt.
Tarantino says the full-cut version of Deathproof is vastly different in tone and in pacing than the Grindhouse version. I bet it's better.
Blargh wrote:Children of Men. :drunk:
As usual, I can't tell if you're being serious, or if this is just a drunken attempt at internet-irony... but CoM was fast-paced, atmosopheric, and thoroughly brilliant and underrated. Its snubbing at the Oscars was a shame.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

The Godfather, bitches.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Franz Schubert wrote:can't
Sometimes routine is welcome. Almost. :drunk:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Aonaran wrote:The Godfather, bitches.
qfe
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

When did Franz start posting again?
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

Children of men had "liberal made movie" all over it. I mean come on, a burnout hippie, a freedom fighter for immigrants of weak races, and a pregnant black girl? It was a good idea but it was poorly executed, imho.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yes it would have made more sense for a middle-aged white man to get pregnant.
:chew:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It worked in Junior.

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

That was Arnold. He's unique, therefore not everybody can do like him. I couldn't walk around with a tree on my shoulder :

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

TNP wrote:Children of men had "liberal made movie" all over it. I mean come on, a burnout hippie, a freedom fighter for immigrants of weak races, and a pregnant black girl? It was a good idea but it was poorly executed, imho.
It allegedly had a quantity of biblical references as well, in addition to the liberal elements. I usually just shrug at movies that try to make a statement, but as an action movie I liked it a lot. The screenplay was brilliant; the action flowed well between more peaceful scenes and the movie didn't try to explain too much worthless shit about the setting. I never lost interest watching it.
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

The Fountain - redefines boredom, mixes it with all the possible soap opera cliches and is not even saved by good acting. Teh graphix rule, but that's the only thing that kept me awake during the movie. And I thought Aronofsky rocks...
Our Host!