IGN Interviews Emil

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

IGN Interviews Emil

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Emil Pagliarulo">Person: Emil Pagliarulo</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>IGN has interviewed Lead Designer <strong>Emil Pagliarulo</strong>. The interview was apparently streamed live and was only accessible but subscribers. According to <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=728033" target="_self">Zenmaster Omega at the Bethesda forums</a>, Emil notes the following:</p><blockquote><em>-the different people that can be recruited for your "party" will be limited based on your karma</em>
<em>-"might" have some characters coming back, but they aren't talking about it yet</em>
<em>-load times faster than Oblivion right now.</em>
<em>-blowing up Megaton will make your karma "plummet"</em>
<em>-There <strong>will</strong> be an invisible wall at the end of the world.</em>
<em>-Brotherhood of Steel is a "</em><em>neo-knightly organization that is waging war in DC" (direct quote)</em>
<em>-Game is running on DX 9 right now and they would "</em><em>never release just on Vista"</em>

<em>-He
thinks it is very important about the original Fallout and Fallout 3
that all the factions, like Raiders, slavers and Super Mutants weren't
all completely evil and that you never knew where you'd find friends.</em>
<em>-"Absolutely not" to multiplayer</em></blockquote><p> </p><p>Thanks to <strong>Stainless</strong> for pointing this out. </p>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

-the different people that can be recruited for your "party" will be limited based on your karma
Now, does that just seem retarded to you? Instead of the CH/2 party size used in Fallout(character stats do matter), Beth gives an equal chance for every character to recruit henchmen. Apparently, if you strictly follow a good/evil(which are words I don't want to be associated with Fallout) path to maximize/minimize karma points, you'll get the maximum number of followers. Where's the choices and consequences in this one?

The best case scenario would be if they removed karma points altogether giving the game a healthy dose of ambiguity.
-Brotherhood of Steel is a "neo-knightly organization that is waging war in DC" (direct quote)
Bleh
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Emil wasn't talking about party size:

Oh no it's not about numbers of people. Sorry if my transcript was misleading. It was hastily written while I was watching the interview.

He was saying that the different people that would be willing to join you would be based on your karma. He didn't mention, at all, any kind of limit to the number of people at a time. He just was saying that if you had done a bunch of evil things some goody two shoes character wouldn't join you and visa versa.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well, I was!
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I really dislike this talk of good and evil. Really worries me. I've said it before, but if there's one thing I'd like to see completely scrapped, it's the karma rating, but it seems they're giving it an ever bigger role than previously here.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

im strangely curious to see what sort of middle school logic they use to justify the brotherhood being in washington, dc
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Re: IGN Interviews Emil

Post by PiP »

King of Creation wrote:
Brotherhood of Steel organization that is waging war
:hahano:
never release just on Vista
pfff of relief.

what kinda people are gonna be willingto join you based on karma makes sens. Good thing it's not limiting the number. That case it would be like what Vasikka said.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I might be completely wrong, as I'm running off memory. but karma limited certain followers in the Fallout 2, ie Marcus anda few others.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Mr. Teatime wrote:I really dislike this talk of good and evil. Really worries me. I've said it before, but if there's one thing I'd like to see completely scrapped, it's the karma rating, but it seems they're giving it an ever bigger role than previously here.
It's by the people who made THE ELDER SCROLLS, doubleT.

They've never, ever made a (attempted role playing) game that wasn't both black and white good/evil, and also completely devoid of anything good (Read: playable) coming from that system.

One of the biggest problems people have continually had with TES, even shootan game players who have never played an rpg before, just xbox games.

"How come the guards magically know when I did a crime, but nobody magically remembers when I really obviously was an assassin a minute ago, killin that mage dude who used to be in this room?"
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

johnnygothisgun wrote:im strangely curious to see what sort of middle school logic they use to justify the brotherhood being in washington, dc
Theyre unable to make anything on their own so they steal from Fallout desu.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

-the different people that can be recruited for your "party" will be limited based on your karma
sounds logical, Marcus could join you and after that you could kill the mutants in the help of the humans in Broken Hills, so :? still they could make this in combination with the charisma, so if you have charisma 10 you can hire unlimited bad characters with bad charisma, etc.

Ho-key? Hokey.
Our Host!