Ok, some reasons to be worried

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Ok, some reasons to be worried

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong>

<p>From <a target="_self" href="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 0921">this here preview</a>.
</p><p> </p><blockquote><em>How dialogue works?
</em></blockquote><em /><blockquote><em>
Branching dialogue tree, different choices/chances of success based on charisma and speaking skill.
</em></blockquote><em /><blockquote><em>
Poor INT will NOT affect your dialogue choices.
</em></blockquote><em /><blockquote><em>Groin/Eye shots?
</em></blockquote><em><span class="postbody"><p>
</p></span></em><blockquote><em>
They figure that a crit on the eye will gib the head anwyays so probably leaving that out. Groin shot is a maybe.
</em></blockquote><em><span class="postbody"><p>
</p></span></em><blockquote><em>
OTHER TIDBITS:</em></blockquote><em><span class="postbody"><ul><ul><li>Weapons have decay. They are repaired using
the repair skill which requires weapons of the same type to get parts
from. Weapons decay has many effects such as Rate of Fire, Cone, Damage

</li></ul><ul><li>Towns and Buildings are zoned like in Oblivion (load times between each, etc).

</li></ul><ul><li>Other factions: one of the radio stations mentioned by in game dialogue is apparently run by The Enclave.</li></ul></ul></span></em><span class="postbody">So no dumb dialogue, options based on charismatic persuasion rather than intelligent debate. Speech appears to be a roll rather than opening up new options.</span><p> </p><p>Yeah, that's a cause for concern and one step towards 'generic RPG/FPS' and away from 'Fallout' (though I'm still more concerned about the forced Father/'best friend' thing and the seemingly clear-cut good and evil stuff). No more blinding a deathclaw, either...
</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a></p>
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

Not suprising, Fallorc3 is a FPS game afterall.
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

Quite disappointed, I be. I mean, what the hell?! Is is THAT hard to make INT based dialogue choices? What the hell is Bethesda paying for to their dialogue writers?

This is how it shoul be:

Todd: I think that we should include INT based dialogue choices. Do you think you could do that?
Lead dialogue writer: Dunno, maybe. But man! So much work... I mean...
Todd: I think you're forgetting something, boy... remember the employment agreement? Part I. Section 1. Say it. SAY IT!
Lead dialogue writer: Oh Todd, c'moooon...
Todd: SAY IT! SAY IT FUCKER!
Lead dialogue writer: ok OK... I AM YOUR BIATCH... I'll do the INT based dialogue...
Todd: you better do that, man. See you lator.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Seriously, why are we still fucking covering Fallout 3? We should stop as soon as first news hit the fan.

And all of you who say "I'm disappointed" are morons. You have to be if you didn't see that coming.
Serious Business.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Koki wrote:Seriously, why are we still fucking covering Fallout 3? We should stop as soon as first news hit the fan.

And all of you who say "I'm disappointed" are morons. You have to be if you didn't see that coming.
qfe
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

:bored: we already know everything, so everything else, which follows are spoilers, no thanks.
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

Koki wrote:Seriously, why are we still fucking covering Fallout 3? We should stop as soon as first news hit the fan.

What about those who remain optimistic ?
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

They are the morons, moron :)
Serious Business.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Koki wrote:They are the morons, moron :)
Holy fucking christ, I agree with him.

Gunblivion is gonna suck, and how.

My (least) favorite part is how while raping our game, they rip shitty stuff offa stalker that wasn't very cool in stalker, either.

That's some Todd and Crew: Awesome Game Great Job shit right there.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Well I'm all in for the weapon decay. Specially the need for similar weapons for parts. That's how it's supposed to go...too bad they are fucking up the rest of it.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

You don't want to make a counsel game to hard...they are to busy counting whole numbers for their frag feast jerk off
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Mr. T wrote:So no dumb dialogue, options based on charismatic persuasion rather than intelligent debate. Speech appears to be a roll rather than opening up new options.
I must say I disagree here; knowing Bethesda, dumb dialogue is a given.

Also, you might want to edit that news post(italics n' shit all messed up).
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Oh noez, even Teatime is worried :aiee:
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Ok, some reasons to be worried

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

1554 wrote:Poor INT will NOT affect your dialogue choices.
Makes no sense. B.S. sux.
1554 wrote:Other factions: one of the radio stations mentioned by in game dialogue is apparently run by The Enclave.
THE ENCLAVE DOESN'T EXIST AFTER FO2!!!!!!!!

The more I hear about this game, the more I hate it.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: Ok, some reasons to be worried

Post by King of Creation »

TelemachusSneezed wrote:THE ENCLAVE DOESN'T EXIST AFTER FO2!!!!!!!!
We don't really know that. Navarro could have survived. And as Ausir said, "The Enclave are nationalist fanatics, so them going to Washington DC makes some sense. The enclave might have sent some people to Washington, DC to, I dunno, retrieve George Washington's underpants, and while they were at it, the Oil Rig exploded"

FACT.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

No, fact is that moving to the east coast only to rehash EVERY faction and creature in the originals without adding one original of your own is uninspired. Bethesda is keeping all the wrong things intact.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Brother None wrote:No, fact is that moving to the east coast only to rehash EVERY faction and creature in the originals without adding one original of your own is uninspired. Bethesda is keeping all the wrong things intact.
I have to agree completely. It's pretty dull that they've kept the BOS/ENCLAVE thing pretty much intact just on the east coast. Given how far down the time line and geographically isolated this area is from the events in Fallout 1/2 it's going to be huge fucking stretch to frame this whole thing (if they even bother to fill out the back-story). Plus, as you said, it's uninspired and zzzzz. Sticking with the superficial must be a design philosophy in that neck of the woods.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

If there were a remaining portion of the Enclave, they probably would be a little too busy to run a damn radio station.

"103.5 NCLV, Enclave Radio Station! The station that MEANS World Domination!"
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Including the Enclave seems superfluous to me and kind of nullifies the Fallout 2 ending. There are too many "what if's" in the Enclave appearing in the game. I mean, the president and their main base of operations was vaporized in a nuclear blast. Jeez, why not come up with something more original?
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

because they aren't capable/the people in charge of the "creative vision" don't have the sac to go someplace different? ie the kind of people that say "first person is the ONLY way to be immersed!"
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Our Host!