Download Fallout stuff on XBox Live

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Download Fallout stuff on XBox Live

Post by Urizen »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - News related to <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/archives.php ... ry=12">Top Story: Fallout 3 news</a> | More info on <a href="#Pete Hines">Person: Pete Hines</a> | More info on <a href="#Bethesda Softworks">Company: Bethesda Softworks</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<div align="left"><a href="http://bethblog.com/?page_id=2" target="_blank">Pete Hines</a> noted on his <a href="http://bethblog.com/?p=106" target="_blank">blog</a> today that you can now download Fallout pictures from the <a href="http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/a ... shxbox.jpg" target="_blank">XBox</a> marketplace:

<div align="center"><div align="left"><em>"Many of us here have been waiting and wanting Fallout stuff to use for a gamer pics and themes since&hellip;forever. Finally today the wait is over as you can now grab a pack of Fallout 3 gamer pics. The pic pack (100 points) features several variations of Vault Boy plus a Brotherhood of Steel image, as well as a theme (150 points) for your Live blades featuring the Craig Mullins concept art you&rsquo;ve undoubtably seen already."</em>
</div>
<div align="left"> <strong>Killzig</strong> has apparently gotten hand of an XBox, and brings us this description, presumably taken from the aforementioned marketplace:
</div>
<div align="left"><em>"Vault Tec engineers have worked around the clock on an interactive reproduction of Wasteland life for you to enjoy from the comfort of your own vault. Fallout 3 includes an expansive world, unique combat, shockingly realistic visuals, tons of player choice, and an incredible cast of dynamic characters. Every minute is a fight for survival against the terrors of the outside world -- radiation, Super Mutants, and hostile mutated creatures. From Vault-Tec(r), America's First Choice in Post-Nuclear Simulation(tm)."

</em>Those of us who have yet to purchase an XBox - or any other gaming console since the SEGA 8-bit for that matter, thank you very much - will just have to manage without.<em>
</em>
</div>
</div></div><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://bethblog.com/">Bethesda Blog</a></p>
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Dude, that quote on NMA is from Killzig, on DaC's news submit...Don't credit NMA, we didn't do nothing.

Also; this you post, but the Eurogamer interview in which they tell fans to screw themselves and Washington Post article describing the press event none of us were invited to you skip?

PS: last console I bought was the Sega 16-Bit. Still lovin' it.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

error corrected. as for your question, news is posted as time permits. i'm sure koc will make you a newsposter if you ask him nicely. and yeah, the megadrive\genesis was pretty rad allright.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I was tooling around playing Carcassonne last night, went looking through the downloads list for shits n giggles and noticed that Fallout 3 was in the games list. That's the "official" description for FO3 as presented on XBL. The default icon is the vault boy. Funny enough though, when you search on XBOX.com for the FALLOUT the only hit is FOBOS. :evil_laugh:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/catalog ... st=Fallout
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Urizen wrote:i'm sure koc will make you a newsposter if you ask him nicely.
Stop smoking pot. Seriously.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

the theme is pretty weak.

turns your guide background to the default silver/grey metallic drab look.

the following backgrounds for the following blades:

xbox live blade
capitol building concept art

games blade
first concept art, wasteland

media blade
slaver camp concept art

system blade
the carrier concept art

no screens, nothing new.

http://www.majornelson.com/default.aspx

Major Nelson has some more info as well as the price points.

the gamer pics are:

4 variations of vault boy. the thumbs up Major Nelson is using

just his head (this is also the icon that is displayed for the game on the marketplace),

head and shoulders,

and then:

there's also the power armor helmet (game informer cover),

and the bethesda vault door logo.

yes, people pay for this. MS Points are like disney dollars but less useful. Non transferable. Non refundable.
Last edited by Killzig on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

people pay money for this? or "points"? how do you accumulate these points anyhow?
Pope Viper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Pope Viper »

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/features ... points.htm
How Do I Get Points?
Microsoft Points let everyone in on the Xbox Live Marketplace action. First, though, you need to get some. Purchasing Points is like putting money into a special account that you can use on Xbox Live Marketplace. You can buy them online from the Marketplace itself by using your credit card, but if you don't have a credit card, no worries. You can also pick up gift cards at hundreds of participating retail locations and use the number on that card to buy your Points.

You can also get Points as part of the Xbox Live Gold Pack, available at participating retailers. Points will also be awarded to users for various promotions in the future. It's a simple thing, but it opens up all of the amazing premium content on Xbox Live to a whole new community of gamers.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Now that's just lame; it sounds almost as retarded as Steam. You should get points for finishing games or playing games via Live, but it looks like Capitalism won this time lawl.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Retards also pay money for MMORPG items on Ebay :/
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'd pay for a 4 strength 4 stam leather belt. AAAAAH! Level 18? Uuhhhh uhhhh! Wouldn't you?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It's even badder than Steam :aiee: what ever happened to :che:?
dontworry
SDF!
SDF!

Post by dontworry »

i'm still mourning over my sega master system II. the only console i ever owned and unarguably the best i ever owned.

but please don't compare it to steam. it's a really big difference if you want to fuck something so few use as steam or microsoft.

and then again, i think valve could do a much better fallout3 fps than bethesda.
PsychoSniper2
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by PsychoSniper2 »

dontworry wrote:i think valve could do a much better fallout3 fps than bethesda.
Sad, but ture.

Half Life has better story than TES.
Our Host!