Game Informer Q&A Leaked

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Game Informer Q&A Leaked

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Article ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>The Game Informer <em>Fallout 3</em> Q&A with Mark Miller has been leaked online. You can check the whole thing out <a href="http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/fallout3/ ... pid=918428" target="_self">here on the Gamespot UK forums</a>. We got a <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17830" target="_self">little taste</a> of it before, but this is the whole thing.
</p><p>Thanks to <strong>Joffrey</strong> for the tip. </p>
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

Thank the heavens there are weird knobs on the guns.
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Q: How is the art style? Does it maintain the feel of the original games?

A: I’ll answer this with an example. In the opening minutes of the demo, I saw, the character is in a lab inside Vault 101. On a table beside him I spied a stimpak. This tiny object in the world was the first of many times in the game that I felt tiny twinges of nostalgia for how they’ve carried over individual objects and ideas from the original in the artistic presentation of the game. The post-WWII, Cold War feel of the franchise is very much intact, but Bethesda definitely has its own unique take on the art style. One big part of this art style is a focus on making everything in the game world have a purpose–when designing a new gun, the art team spends a lot of time making sure that if there is some weird knob on the weapon that there is a reason for it to be there. They’re hoping to bring a certain level of authenticity to the game world in this way.
Cold what? Hot damn, that's Hervean!
Q: I’ve never played Fallout. What can you tell me about the history of the franchise?

A: Well, there are plenty of places online that can help you learn more about both the story of the game world and the making of those games. For a quick overview, you might be interested in the two-page article we did on this subject just a few months ago in our Classic GI section of the magazine, (May issue, #169, Grand Theft Auto IV on the cover).
That article says rat shit about the previous games.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Q: Are there vehicles in the game?

A: There’s plenty of vehicles visible in the game world, but it doesn’t look like you’ll be driving any of them.

WTF?!!!
���������
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Dreadnought wrote:Q: Are there vehicles in the game?

A: There’s plenty of vehicles visible in the game world, but it doesn’t look like you’ll be driving any of them.

WTF?!!!
Who gives a shit?
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Knobs on the guns...Hell i was modelling the laser rifle a while back (can be see on nma gallery) and that bloody thing only had knobs and such that didn't make sense! Then again, where can I get my Laser Rifle now?

"oohh...this knob will be....err...it's comingg.....eer... RAY INTENSITY ADJUSTER! Yeah, that's good. So, the other knob..."
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Who gives a shit?
Well I don't really, but it is indicative of one thing - the game area is gonna be pretty small, or atleast that's what that tells me. Since everything is on foot, it'd take forever to travel from one point to another and something tells me that they're not gonna have a travel screen so without vehicles of any sort, the game is confined to a reasonable stretch that can be traveled FAIRLY quickly by foot.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Even faster on a donky, plus can you pimp it.

Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Pimp my ride easter egg.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

NOS boost is the new horse armor :aiee:
Serious Business.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

the most promising part so far:
"they’re trying to build multiple solutions into almost any quest or situation you encounter, and that using stealth and diplomacy were very useable routes to overcome different obstacles."

Now lets hope for dialogues better than "rumors?" D:
Wolfman Walt wrote:
Who gives a shit?
Well I don't really, but it is indicative of one thing - the game area is gonna be pretty small, or atleast that's what that tells me. Since everything is on foot, it'd take forever to travel from one point to another and something tells me that they're not gonna have a travel screen so without vehicles of any sort, the game is confined to a reasonable stretch that can be traveled FAIRLY quickly by foot.
maybe he just meant that all the cars around look FUBAR, but you might come across the special one still working despite that.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

A: In short: no. Sure, Fallout 3 plays primarily from a first-person perspective like Oblivion, and conversations with NPCs use a similar style of dialogue tree,
Cocksuckers! Each and every one! Oblivion had a retarded dialogue "tree". It wassnt even a tree. A fucking straight line with no dialogue. You just made my list asshole(s)! :fuck!:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

PiP wrote:he just meant that all the cars around look FUBAR, but you might come across the special one still working despite that.
Wishful thinking, but he said specifically that he doubts you'll be driving one. Still, I suppose there's the SLIGHT off chance he's wrong/lieing to us.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

It's gonna be like in Half Life 2. A quest involving a car, but not giving you the option to keep it afterwards.
���������
PiP

Post by PiP »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
PiP wrote:he just meant that all the cars around look FUBAR, but you might come across the special one still working despite that.
Wishful thinking, but he said specifically that he doubts you'll be driving one. Still, I suppose there's the SLIGHT off chance he's wrong/lieing to us.
still better than scores of drivable cars around - this way scarcity of resources is accounted for.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Fuck the cars. Fallout it shot it both legs by some
fuckers who want to earn lots of reichmarks. If
you get a car, there will be a car-chase or some
lame shit like that.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Yeah, saw this a while ago, never posted it because my original post on NMA covered most of it anyway, and I don't want to provoke GI further.

Though with the scans *still* being available on sites like Kotaku, and now this, I'm starting to get a little pissed off that we're apparently the only ones that deserve being threatened with legal action.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

It's their way of caring

PiP

Post by PiP »

Brother None wrote:Yeah, saw this a while ago, never posted it because my original post on NMA covered most of it anyway, and I don't want to provoke GI further.

Though with the scans *still* being available on sites like Kotaku, and now this, I'm starting to get a little pissed off that we're apparently the only ones that deserve being threatened with legal action.
no need for modesty here Kharn, this should make you feel special and, like, important :chuckel:
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

PiP wrote:
Brother None wrote:Yeah, saw this a while ago, never posted it because my original post on NMA covered most of it anyway, and I don't want to provoke GI further.

no need for modesty here Kharn, this should make you feel special and, like, important :chuckel:
:chaindeath:

Our Host!