Game Informer article revealed? RUMORS

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Mori wrote:I think the real point that we are missing is that you can watch Dogmeat 2.0 bite a prone man in the groin till he dies in glorious 3D with slow-mo crotch chunks flying through the air.
Will be censored. No genitalia in computer games.
���������
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

DaC-Sniper wrote:It`s probably like Max Payne from firstperson, you shoot all the stuff down and then you kind of press the magic wonder key to make the realtime slow or stop and then you choose your aim or leg/head/arm parts whatever and when you click on the head and you get a good shot, then you see a bloody gore animation in slowmotion. The TB-Points are probably the time, how long you can stay in this mode or how much moves you can make lulz D; Now if that isn`t awesome.

:waiting for fucking scan:
That's exactly what I was picturing. But you need really good AI, sorta realistic powerful guns, and decent first person shooter balancing for it not to be frustrating as fuck. A straight up TB battle would actually be shorter.

And the slow-mo death is the stupidest thing ever.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

But you can have meat. Same thing, so many names.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
edhead
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by edhead »

maglalosus wrote:We know what fp is.. but 'over the shoulder'?.. is this GI's way of describing an 'iso style' view pont perhaps? ( i hope so!)
Nay, I use my incredible deduction skills AND my crystal ball to determine the true meaning of "over the shoulder" view: it will be Hitman-style 3rd person. Hau!
Mori
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mori »

frissy wrote:But you can have meat. Same thing, so many names.
Yeah just some chunks of meat flying through the air. I love blood and guts but I think seeing stray testicles and half a penis flying through the air would be a bit too much.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Mori wrote:
frissy wrote:But you can have meat. Same thing, so many names.
Yeah just some chunks of meat flying through the air. I love blood and guts but I think seeing stray testicles and half a penis flying through the air would be a bit too much.
Believe me, you get used to it.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Many good points, some are doubtful(if those RUMORS are valid, that is). Amazingly, not a single Fallout 3 newsbit has proven to be disappointing yet, so I guess it's either surprisingly good PR or my hopes are actually getting up.

The char creation sounds like a tutorial process probably ending in you being kicked out of the vault on a mission accompanied by some lame words by Liam Neeson.:)

I can't really comment on the combat system before trying it out myself, but now it seems like a weird RT/TB hybrid. Anyway, I hope they get it to work, whatever mutant it is going to be.

I'm concerned with Beth trying to cram story-related stuff from the previous Fallouts, even if the game is set in another part of the country. I don't really give a damn if BoS, Dogmeat(or a recruitable dog) and other old characters are included, just because people loved them in FO1 and FO2. I'm also concerned of karma points being in the game. I'd prefer the gameworld reacting on specific actions by the player(sometimes surprising or dubious) instead of abstract 'karma checks'.

In conclusion: They haven't fucked up anything yet, which is good.
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

VasikkA wrote:Many good points, some are doubtful(if those RUMORS are valid, that is). Amazingly, not a single Fallout 3 newsbit has proven to be disappointing yet, so I guess it's either surprisingly good PR or my hopes are actually getting up.

The char creation sounds like a tutorial process probably ending in you being kicked out of the vault on a mission accompanied by some lame words by Liam Neeson.:)

I can't really comment on the combat system before trying it out myself, but now it seems like a weird RT/TB hybrid. Anyway, I hope they get it to work, whatever mutant it is going to be.

I'm concerned with Beth trying to cram story-related stuff from the previous Fallouts, even if the game is set in another part of the country. I don't really give a damn if BoS, Dogmeat(or a recruitable dog) and other old characters are included, just because people loved them in FO1 and FO2. I'm also concerned of karma points being in the game. I'd prefer the gameworld reacting on specific actions by the player(sometimes surprising or dubious) instead of abstract 'karma checks'.

Oh ye of faith, rofl.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well, I can admit that I'm not as trigger happy when it comes to bashing Fallout 3 as most people here. At least not now. Maybe that's why they removed your ammo.

I will, however, twist their nuts off if that is what I see they deserve.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

It's fo real. (link below - agh)

(May be old, I think Teatime said something about this before me)
Last edited by Cthulhugoat on Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Cthulhu wrote:It's fo real.

(May be old, I think Teatime said something about this before me)
brøkęń łińk :sadblinky:
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

http://fallout3.wordpress.com/

:waiting for fucking scans:
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
Mori
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mori »

PsychoSnipers wrote:
VasikkA wrote:Many good points, some are doubtful(if those RUMORS are valid, that is). Amazingly, not a single Fallout 3 newsbit has proven to be disappointing yet, so I guess it's either surprisingly good PR or my hopes are actually getting up.

Oh ye of faith, rofl.
How dare he lemonade in your piss.
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

also from the bethsoft forums:
They'll have given GI an "exclusivity agreement" (as they did with magazines around Oblivion's release), meaning that that magazine will have the exclusive rights to those screenshots for a couple of weeks/months. Then Bethesda can post them.
Yep, it's an exclusivity agreement. With Oblivion this lasted until their next issue officially hit the shelves, although I'm not sure if this one will last as long.

The more exclusive an article is the more important it is for the magazine. In the case of TES IV and FO3 it was important enough to be the cover story, which is great for the game developer. If half a dozen magazines were running the same article it's less likely they'd give it preferential treatment since it is no longer a selling point.
So,unless we can get some high-resollution scans on our hands,we won't see some screens for a month >:(
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Of course not, remember we're the bitches, not the ho's. We don't get paid for nuthing, we only get cockslaps.

Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

Mad Max RW wrote:
Alexander wrote: The party was one of the greatest elements of FO, because you were following not only the fate of the PC but also the fates of his party members, who also reflected world events.
Huh? The party members in Fallout 1/2 was one of the weakest features. They were little more than pack mules that shot you in the back. Few of them effected any part of the story.
You are right.

All this VATS business got me mixing FO with KOTOR, PS:T, BG, Arcanum, etc... I was thinking KOTOR/PS:T/BG but wrote FO. Still, I have to say that I was a bit entranced by the Sulik saga -- buying him out, listening to Grampy Bone's tips, selling him. Hehe.
Of course, they could have done it a lot better, like in PS:T, KOTOR and BG where your party members occasionally interacted with each other and were part of the story and had their own fates.
Mori wrote:I think the real point that we are missing is that you can watch Dogmeat 2.0 bite a prone man in the groin till he dies in glorious 3D with slow-mo crotch chunks flying through the air.
Who the hell are these new people!? Why are they spamming so vehemently? Are these Dred's children?? Oh my! HE has children? The world has surely gone to Hell...

Or are these Beth-spies? This one is obsessed with cocks no less... is this Beth's way of trying to "blend in" here?
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

No, but we know that if you need to grab the bull by the Horns it's best achieved by grabbing the groins. Nothing demoralizes you more than a nice little kick in the nuts. Collapse and agony come afterwards. First is the "...mutthhaaaffuuucc......"

Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

frissy wrote:No, but we know that if you need to grab the bull by the Horns it's best achieved by grabbing the groins. Nothing demoralizes you more than a nice little kick in the nuts. Collapse and agony come afterwards. First is the "...mutthhaaaffuuucc......"
Meaning, he is trying to kick us in the nuts?

Feels like ↓, all over again...
http://moid.org/ed/!_000_Forum/img/avat ... pin_av.gif
Mori
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Mori »

Alexander wrote:
Mad Max RW wrote:
Alexander wrote: The party was one of the greatest elements of FO, because you were following not only the fate of the PC but also the fates of his party members, who also reflected world events.
Huh? The party members in Fallout 1/2 was one of the weakest features. They were little more than pack mules that shot you in the back. Few of them effected any part of the story.
You are right.

All this VATS business got me mixing FO with KOTOR, PS:T, BG, Arcanum, etc... I was thinking KOTOR/PS:T/BG but wrote FO. Still, I have to say that I was a bit entranced by the Sulik saga -- buying him out, listening to Grampy Bone's tips, selling him. Hehe.
Of course, they could have done it a lot better, like in PS:T, KOTOR and BG where your party members occasionally interacted with each other and were part of the story and had their own fates.
Who the hell are these new people!? Why are they spamming so vehemently? Are these Dred's children?? Oh my! HE has children? The world has surely gone to Hell...

Or are these Beth-spies? This one is obsessed with cocks no less... is this Beth's way of trying to "blend in" here?
Bethsoft paid me to hype up their dynamic cock erosion.
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

Urg,no furry meatspin on the news plz...
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
Our Host!