Fallout 3 Release Date

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout 3 Release Date

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

The end of the teaser trailer confirms that Fallout 3 will be release in the Fall of 2008. Start the countdown!
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

We'll all need new computers. :)
���������
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

The good: they're going for the 50s theme. That's one step above FOBOS, and a good sign. Looks 50s post apocalyptic. I like.

Bad? Well, its hard to say, but I'm not too keen on the evil looking BOS guy and the epic music. The BOS were a secretive, small organisation, and misunderstood by poor FO games where they were turned into paladin uber armourz. I hope - hope - the game's not marketed on big badass warriors like the brotherhood.

But overall - pretty good. It's looking much better than FOBOS, and that's a fine start. If they can get the dialogue and multiple paths - which will be completely new ground for Bethsoft - I'll be very pleased.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

For the first time, the artwork was as it should be. I reckon they've lately spent quite some time polishing the teaser, following the criticism of Mullins' work. All the necessary art elements were there, combined with a more urban and darker environment(as suggested by the concept art images). No gameplay footage, but I hope the clunky objects suggest it's not supposed to be viewed from close distance. :)
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Mr. Teatime wrote:The good: they're going for the 50s theme. That's one step above FOBOS, and a good sign. Looks 50s post apocalyptic. I like.

Bad? Well, its hard to say, but I'm not too keen on the evil looking BOS guy and the epic music. The BOS were a secretive, small organisation, and misunderstood by poor FO games where they were turned into paladin uber armourz. I hope - hope - the game's not marketed on big badass warriors like the brotherhood.

But overall - pretty good. It's looking much better than FOBOS, and that's a fine start. If they can get the dialogue and multiple paths - which will be completely new ground for Bethsoft - I'll be very pleased.
Let's hope for an original story, too. 50$ that you start as someone who forgot who he is.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

VasikkA wrote:For the first time, the artwork was as it should be. I reckon they've lately spent quite some time polishing the teaser, following the criticism of Mullins' work. All the necessary art elements were there, combined with a more urban and darker environment(as suggested by the concept art images). No gameplay footage, but I hope the clunky objects suggest it's not supposed to be viewed from close distance. :)
But why should they make an ultra-detailed Paladin and a bus you can enter and inspect in extreme detail?
���������
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Maybe they're using the fascist Eastern Brotherhood from FOT as the main villain in FO3 (after retconning them and making their power armors look more like the original ones)? I actually wouldn't mind that.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Grand Theft Fallout: Gotham City
���������
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Fallout 3: The Search for Curly's Gold.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Mr. Teatime wrote:The good: they're going for the 50s theme. That's one step above FOBOS, and a good sign. Looks 50s post apocalyptic. I like.

I only watched the trailer once, but wasn't it just some guy in Power Armor? What makes you think it was BoS? For all we know, could be anyone, even the Chosen one from Fallout 2 lol.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Mr. Teatime wrote:I hope - hope - the game's not marketed on big badass warriors like the brotherhood.
but this hope is already thwarted.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Frater Perdurabo wrote:

I only watched the trailer once, but wasn't it just some guy in Power Armor? What makes you think it was BoS? For all we know, could be anyone, even the Chosen one from Fallout 2 lol.
Just read the other thread, my bad.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Yeah, I'm not keen on having the BoS as the main protagonists in F3. That's been done in 'Actics. The original BoS was a small, paranoid, secretive and isolated group of techie soldiers, founded by a man who lost faith in his Army. They're not Global Uber-Paladins of Doom. There's a good reason that in F1 they are as they are; because otherwise they end up dominating the story and sidelining the individual efforts of the Vault Dweller. Large military organizations should be few and far between in the wasteland, or better yet non-existent.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

Mechanurgist wrote:Yeah, I'm not keen on having the BoS as the main protagonists in F3. That's been done in 'Actics. The original BoS was a small, paranoid, secretive and isolated group of techie soldiers, founded by a man who lost faith in his Army. They're not Global Uber-Paladins of Doom. There's a good reason that in F1 they are as they are; because otherwise they end up dominating the story and sidelining the individual efforts of the Vault Dweller. Large military organizations should be few and far between in the wasteland, or better yet non-existent.

A 'large' military in the wasteland would be the junktown guards, or any town with a decent police presence.

The Hub and its combat armoured police for example.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

Mechanurgist wrote:Yeah, I'm not keen on having the BoS as the main protagonists in F3. That's been done in 'Actics. The original BoS was a small, paranoid, secretive and isolated group of techie soldiers, founded by a man who lost faith in his Army. They're not Global Uber-Paladins of Doom. There's a good reason that in F1 they are as they are; because otherwise they end up dominating the story and sidelining the individual efforts of the Vault Dweller. Large military organizations should be few and far between in the wasteland, or better yet non-existent.
How about the BOS being the main villains?
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

How about no real Brotherhood of Steel, but single soldiers or small units, lost in the wasteland, or simply 'Brotherhood pioneers' wandering around in the wastes so they can use their advanced bullshit to help people. Kinda like in Judge Dredd, where retireing Judges have to go for the great walk or so.

They shouldn't mass-recruit stupid feral cunts like in Craptics, they should rather follow the way they were shown in Fallout 2. Almost invisible. But present on all important locations (well in F2 they had mostly useless headquarters spread around the key locations).
Rather inspired by the Vault Dweller, they use their superior strenght to help those in need and go on. Without looking back. Such a lifestyle damages the armor, what could explain more unique looking armors, maybe with attached trophies (Deathclaw skull or claws, raider scalps, human or mutant skulls) or improvised parts after damage (different chestplates, shoulder pads, arms, legs, etc) or even random decoration like stickers, paintings, chains, modifications, scratches, etc.

Oh wait... they'll probably use this for FOOL now.
���������
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

If its explained that way, and its actualy rare (no more than 3 guys in total) then it wont be that bad.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Dreadnought wrote:How about no real Brotherhood of Steel, but single soldiers or small units, lost in the wasteland, or simply 'Brotherhood pioneers' wandering around in the wastes so they can use their advanced bullshit to help people. Kinda like in Judge Dredd, where retireing Judges have to go for the great walk or so.

They shouldn't mass-recruit stupid feral cunts like in Craptics, they should rather follow the way they were shown in Fallout 2. Almost invisible. But present on all important locations (well in F2 they had mostly useless headquarters spread around the key locations).
Rather inspired by the Vault Dweller, they use their superior strenght to help those in need and go on. Without looking back. Such a lifestyle damages the armor, what could explain more unique looking armors, maybe with attached trophies (Deathclaw skull or claws, raider scalps, human or mutant skulls) or improvised parts after damage (different chestplates, shoulder pads, arms, legs, etc) or even random decoration like stickers, paintings, chains, modifications, scratches, etc.

Oh wait... they'll probably use this for FOOL now.
:shrug_no:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Maybe the guy wearing power armor is a lvl 40 common thug! :level scaling:
PiP

Post by PiP »

oh shut up you give me the creeps
Our Host!