Halo 2 delayed due to naked ass (aka Coders Gone Wild)

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Thor Kaufman wrote:put the sensual back in non-consensual :shds:

Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Hell, if I saw a giant space ship coming towards me and it was called Ass-Fucker, yeah, I'd be scared.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Mechanurgist wrote:Yeah, 'cause every ship has to be named "Ass-Fucker" or "Death-Bringer", right? Read the order of battle of the American Navy, spastic. Ship names are about the tradition, values and aesthetics of the civilization that named them, not scary-sounding words.
Yes, and it's the proud tradition of ships like the U.S.S. Asshole that keep the United States a dominant marine superpower.

Anyways, you're talking about names like Lexington, Hood, Enterprise, Intrepid, etcetera. These are fine, respectable names for ships. Most ships are named after important people or places, or after good qualities. In Amber Clad either sounds goofy or pretentious, depending on your mood. I actually am looking at a list of current U.S. Navy ships and none of them sound anywhere near as stupid as In Amber Clad or Pillar of Autumn. Now, you'll tell me that it's Wikipedia, it's all lies, it's incomplete and they forgot to list CVN-82 U.S.S. Dewdrop at Sunrise, the most decorated vessel in U.S. Navy history, but let's just agree that you're silly.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Mechanurgist wrote:Yeah, 'cause every ship has to be named "Ass-Fucker" or "Death-Bringer", right? Read the order of battle of the American Navy, spastic. Ship names are about the tradition, values and aesthetics of the civilization that named them, not scary-sounding words.
Though in some cases, although not all, those overlap. And for the very reasons that you listed, that does not apply to America's. For example, I remember that in Freelancer the Germans called their battleships stuff like Schiller, Goethe, Wotan etc., while the Americans had names such as "Harmony" and "Unity". The first inspire awe while the second are something that gay couples in California would call their adopted children. You might say that my examples are fictional, but I, nevertheless, see a direct relation to each country's respective history and culture. :oxford professor:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

USS Boatright. :salute:
Our Host!