starcraft 2 was just announced

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I hope they change the Terrans a bit, they were the cheap noob's first choice; shitty camping with bunkers/tanks, and then nukes.

Maybe not, though, I hope they don't change it, it was always fun to play against that type of player and then blowing their shit strategy up in a few well thought moves.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

S4ur0n27 wrote:I hope they change the Terrans a bit, they were the cheap noob's first choice; shitty camping with bunkers/tanks, and then nukes.

Maybe not, though, I hope they don't change it, it was always fun to play against that type of player and then blowing their shit strategy up in a few well thought moves.
This is the second time today! What's wrong?!

Admins, shut down Saturn's account; someone has hacked it and is using it to write long(er) posts!

Tokyo DecadenceTokyo DecadenceTokyo DecadenceTokyo DecadenceTokyo Decadence
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Urizen wrote:it looks great, but if they don't make it so i can select more than 12 units at a time, i'm not buying it.
You can select a huge amount of troops this time around. probably as
many as you want, they show it in one of the youtube vids. He selects
some units, but the unit selected screen is barely filled. 500 firebats coming up. :evil_laugh:
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Yeah, noobs always thought they were safe...while using terrans...muahaha...how wrong they were. Of course in good hands the terrans are real motherfuckers. As said with noobs their tactics went to hell the first time you actually did something clever ;)

I rather liked the terrans being what they were. Same sort of attitude you would expect from humans in such territories.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Regardless, zergling rush is the ultimate newbie strategy. A horrible and simplified way to swarm the enemy. No tactics, just rapid building and upgrading. :bastards:
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

My friends hated me, because I always went after their drones. Nothing fucks the gameplay more than nuked-fried-drones. Specially in times when you first cause them somewhat large amounts of damage that they spend their money on...

muahahahah!
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Oh Yeah!
NATIK
Respected
Respected

Post by NATIK »

Stainless wrote:Yeah, the UEF fleet never made it back. The last cutscene shows the zerg fleet blowing them apart even though Kerrigan told them they'd be free to leave for earth.
The cutscene is here.

It is the entirety of it. She says "the earth born directorate has been destroyed" refering to the UED, that is the only proof of your claims but from the content of the video it is clear that she is speaking of their operations in her space not of the fleet itself. The last scenes of Brood war shows the UED fleet floating peacefully through space on its way back to Earth.

It was NOT detroyed just sent home to Earth, the UED ground ops and the likes are what you see destroyed.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

The last scenes of Brood War show an assload of scourges flying towards the fleeing UED fleet, actually. It's pretty clear that the whole mess gets destroyed.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I like the graphics. Gamespot says no fucking about with lame hero units (a la WC3). :party:

Protoss look very overpowered.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

They didn't really show the zerg that much or much of the terran for that matter. Looked like it was focused just ont the Protoss.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Superhaze wrote:Regardless, zergling rush is the ultimate newbie strategy. A horrible and simplified way to swarm the enemy. No tactics, just rapid building and upgrading. :bastards:
L2p.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

If you can't stop a zergling rush you're a fucking moron. If there is zerg in the game with you assume it's coming. Quit crying and learn to accept that shit happens. That's like bitching about terrans massing BCs.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

no one complains about BCs, they are easy to stop
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

SVC rush yo.
Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

I hope they change the Terrans a bit, they were the cheap noob's first choice; shitty camping with bunkers/tanks, and then nukes.
lol
Terrans are the hardest race to play, by and large. lots of micro involved.
The last scenes of Brood War show an assload of scourges flying towards the fleeing UED fleet, actually. It's pretty clear that the whole mess gets destroyed.
Yes, but it is said that the UED fleet featured in BW was expeditionary. i'm pretty sure the Earth has quite a few colonies in her galaxy, and there is enough resources for another expedition. So anything could happen, really.
Previously known as metallix...

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

<Atrokkus> i cheered audibly when i saw some korean pro keeping all his four marines alive against a lurker
:rofl:

get in da channel flower :cat:
Atrokkus
Respected
Respected

Post by Atrokkus »

I'm in, pankake
Previously known as metallix...

CRPG.ru Editorial Staff
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

jetbaby wrote:If you can't stop a zergling rush you're a fucking moron. If there is zerg in the game with you assume it's coming. Quit crying and learn to accept that shit happens. That's like bitching about terrans massing BCs.
Zealot rushes for the win.

omg :internetfightsoverstarcraftstrategies:
Zetura Dracos
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Zetura Dracos »

Heh, I win the pool with those bastards I call friends. Fucking WoW junkies get to eat all the crow I can dish up now. Worlds of Starcraft my ass.

As for this business with there being a Starcraft II, well, I can't say as though I wasn't expecting it, I just wasn't sure I'd live to see it.

Personally I like what I've seen so far... I'm glad that they seem to be taking a lot of care to make the new units balanced, and it looks as though there won't be much of a wait until release.

I will echo the concern though that it could easily turn into a big game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

And to echo another sentiment: Anybody who can't stop Zergling Rushes is a tit and deserves the loss.
Our Host!