Illegal Immigrants

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Illegal Immigrants

Post by jetbaby »

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070517/D8P6DP802.html

I couldn't stop laughing. I'm sorry, I don't give a fuck who you are, if you are an ILLEGAL immigrant your voice means DICK to lawmakers, and it damn well should.

we need a :foxnews: smile.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

while we're on the subject, i posted this the other day, but cock deleted it one (1) second after. serves me right for not realizing the internet is a police-state.

[ Community -> Update ] - More info on Company: Bethesda Softworks | More info on Game: Fallout 3

socrates200X of Bethsoft fame recently demonstrated his sense of comedy on the Bethsoft forums. When asked to describe his average work-day, he divided it into 10 points, 3 of which we will portray here:

8) Cripes, 4 PM?!
9) Open up IDE and code frantically. When in doubt, add more soil erosion.
10) Ah, quitting time! What a day! Time to drive home, relax for a hour, and get to work on my real job, levelling my WoW character.

On a more serious note, he also admitted to a genetic affiliation with the hispanic community, and included a number of his co-workers in this description. This may shed some light on the matter of the questionable quality of Bethesda's merchandise.

Spotted @ Bethesda Forums

EDIT: jetbaby totally missed the point in the newspost. it wasn't about voices being heard, it was about practicality and realism.
Last edited by Urizen on Fri May 18, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

at least he's got some humour and self-irony, which makes him better than the rest of the beth crowd
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

OMG who's gonna trim the hedges?
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Illegal Immigrants

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

jetbaby wrote:http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070517/D8P6DP802.html

I couldn't stop laughing. I'm sorry, I don't give a fuck who you are, if you are an ILLEGAL immigrant your voice means DICK to lawmakers, and it damn well should.

we need a :foxnews: smile.
You give them a finger, they take the hand.

The funny thing is that they are not ready to pay 5000 dollars as a fine, but are prepared to fork out similar amounts in order to cross the boarder. Very logical.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

good thinking, brainiac. honestly, do you seriously think it works like that? if you miraculously manage to get across a freakin' desert alive, then you're gonna owe traffickers half your pay-check for the rest of your life. but you go through with it, because the chance of feeding yourself and your family is still marginably better if you do. i don't get how anyone who bashes immigrants can call himself an american. all americans are immigrants, that's what being american IS. i'm sure all your grandparents made damn sure they had their paperwork in order before they colonized the friggin' continent.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

well, the bitterness stems from cases wherein due legal process is ignored, and the border is crossed illegally, which happens, you know, a lot.

i dont really submit to the belief that there are millions of illegal immigrants sitting around with their legs up living it up on my welfare money, though.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

legality has nothing to do with morality. we "ignore due legal process" all the time, because we're too busy living our lives, and that doesn't make us bad people. so does everyone, on either side of the border. you do what you do to have fun, to feed your family, whatever.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

I like your thinking, Urizen :salute:
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

thanks, thor. nice of you to say. :salute:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

The founding fathers weren't exactly the perfect immigrants either D: At least mexicans ain't killing your people and poisoning your cattle and shit?
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

Don't worry. The wonderful boys and girls of White Aryan Resistance (WAR) keep those border jumpers in check. :salute:
NATIK
Respected
Respected

Post by NATIK »

We have a saying in Denmark (I suspect you have it aswell).

Moral er godt, dobbelt moral er dobbelt så godt.

I would translate it to.

Standards are good, double standards are doubly good.

Don't know if you know it (or if my translation was to borked for it to work).
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

Urizen wrote:legality has nothing to do with morality. we "ignore due legal process" all the time, because we're too busy living our lives, and that doesn't make us bad people. so does everyone, on either side of the border. you do what you do to have fun, to feed your family, whatever.
morality and idealism are fun and all, but you will please allow me to paraphrase macmillan when i say that one should mind his own business, but mind how it affects someone elses business, too

:windofchange:
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Urizen »

sure. but i've never seen any evidence that illegal immegration negatively effects society as a whole. on the contrary, according to the capitalistic model, it increases production and efficiency. if you compare the us with the eu, you will find that the eu faces enormous demographic challenges that the us simply doesn't have to deal with because of the stabilising effects of it's "lax" immigration policies.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:Everyone knows you can't kill all the other races.
You need some for manual labour and possible sexual fetishes.

:pelvic_thrust:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Urizen wrote:EDIT: jetbaby totally missed the point in the newspost. it wasn't about voices being heard, it was about practicality and realism.

Urizen totally missed the point of the post. They aren't being heard and they SHOULDNT be heard and their voices shouldn't MATTER. I'm not saying ship 'em back and/or kill 'em. I just think it's ridiculous that they think their thoughts count.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Well, they're humans, you know.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

jetbaby wrote:
Urizen wrote:EDIT: jetbaby totally missed the point in the newspost. it wasn't about voices being heard, it was about practicality and realism.

Urizen totally missed the point of the post. They aren't being heard and they SHOULDNT be heard and their voices shouldn't MATTER. I'm not saying ship 'em back and/or kill 'em. I just think it's ridiculous that they think their thoughts count.
Same with you, and you're still posting. :drunk:
���������
Our Host!