Emil speaks

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Emil speaks

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Emil Pagliarulo">Person: Emil Pagliarulo</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>Not anything big, but <strong>Emil Pagliarulo</strong>, the Lead Designer of <em>Fallout 3</em>, had <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... try9915311" target="_self">this to say</a> about the game:</p><blockquote><p><em>I'm both incredibly happy and proud of the choices we've made in the
development of the game. Of course, you could argue, "Of course he'd
say that." But the truth is the truth.</em></p></blockquote><p>I'm hoping for the best. It would be cool if Bethesda started interacting more with DAC and NMA, though, and not just "<a href="http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/fallout-3/ ... 257100.php" target="_self">main stream</a>" <a href="http://fallout3.wordpress.com/2007/05/03/misc/" target="_self">media</a>. </p>
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

This is not just for Emil, but all Beth boys.

Put up or shut up.

Quit jaw jackin til you have something to actualy tell us, then we might start beliveing you.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Is this really news? I mean, I guess we put up all the double speak Pete says, but this really doesn't say ANYTHING to us. Also, where IS Emil? I haven't heard him say anything here in awhile now.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Is this really news? I mean, I guess we put up all the double speak Pete says, but this really doesn't say ANYTHING to us. Also, where IS Emil? I haven't heard him say anything here in awhile now.
The devs are posting quite a lot on the BSG forums. But to be honest, they're not much dev friendlier than NMA or DaC.

Also, the relevant bit of Milano-sire's post there might've been this:
"Bethesda's Fallout 3 website just updated with a 34 day countdown to the Teaser Trailer for the game. Hmm, that hits just a week before I'll be flying out to D.C. to meet with the guys about, what I can only assume will be, the game."

Which translate as "we're making a trip to Bethesda May 29th. Gunna see Fallout 3."

I guess kotaku's years of dedication to the Fallout brand paid off? :?
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Aren't we all dedicated as well? I mean, one of our poster got a Fallout tatoo D; And Kharn, unban me from nma, :revolution: is good for everyone.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

unban me to, im a pillar of the community for fucks sake.

i dont think dac will ever get invited to something nice like that, were all pale drunks with sunken in eyes and crack teeth whod give each other nipple twists and stuff, not good. mabye fallout3.net fans lol XDXDXDXD
:chew:
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Megatron wrote:unban me to, im a pillar of the community for fucks sake.

i dont think dac will ever get invited to something nice like that, were all pale drunks with sunken in eyes and crack teeth whod give each other nipple twists and stuff, not good. mabye fallout3.net fans lol XDXDXDXD

Im not pale, my iraq tan still aint compleatly wore away........ tho I AM a drunk......

And Kharn, unban all of us from NMA pls.
Dan_Wood
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Dan_Wood »

Unban them... AND THEN BAN THEM AGAIN, the whiney cunts. D:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I asked Kharn to unban us all. And I'd understand if I'd stay banned, but he should at least unban everyone else. I could live with a ban (it's not like I couldn't now lol) as long as my friends and commerades have free access. Sort of like a personal sacrifice for the community. :salute:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It's like a scene straight out of "Do the right thing" except Spike Lee hasn't charactered all the white people as raging animals bent on nothing but beating up minorities and praising hitler.....ok, it's exactly like a Spike Lee movie.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

c'mon boys! I'm not even banned and I still don't want to there... tsk tsk.

I'm not really sure how to take this "news". As in good, or bad. They are happy they made DIFFERENT choices, or if they stuck to the OLD choiches. Time will tell. Fortunetly it seems that the wheels are turning on the blackout though.

As for the concept they have on the site now, well I somehow get a too high vibe of not Fallout (plus i can see a bloody cave there....bad...bad) in it. I wouldn't mind if they made Fallout 3 more like a post-apoc game than a poorly made Fallout-setting. I'd much rather see more Mad Max than a poor try for the true Fallout setting. That concept looks far more like Mad max, which is ok with me.

I personally prefer more the post-apoc than the sci-fi feel. I don't mind it, but I still prefer ROADWARRIOR.

Love to hear some more :)
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

frissy wrote:c'mon boys! I'm not even banned and I still don't want to there... tsk tsk.

I'm not really sure how to take this "news". As in good, or bad. They are happy they made DIFFERENT choices, or if they stuck to the OLD choiches. Time will tell. Fortunetly it seems that the wheels are turning on the blackout though.

As for the concept they have on the site now, well I somehow get a too high vibe of not Fallout (plus i can see a bloody cave there....bad...bad) in it. I wouldn't mind if they made Fallout 3 more like a post-apoc game than a poorly made Fallout-setting. I'd much rather see more Mad Max than a poor try for the true Fallout setting. That concept looks far more like Mad max, which is ok with me.

I personally prefer more the post-apoc than the sci-fi feel. I don't mind it, but I still prefer ROADWARRIOR.

Love to hear some more :)

Well, theyre supposedly having it take place on the east coast, which we havent seen, and we dont know how it weatherd the war.

That said, it should have a lot of themes in common with the west coast in FO and FO2, tho more of a mad max feel wouldnt be that bad.

As long as they avoid gangs of raiders in buggys and shit.

They just need to avoid class armors, like the raider armor in FOCraptics, and stick to generic types of armour and what not.

Assuming they make it right, a lot of smaller locations with ruined buildings and tents around them (like the Khans in FO) wouldnt be bad.

Ditto if they revamp the retarded tribal from FO2, and have 'tribals' live like the khans, a mixture of ruined buildings and tents.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 vehicles pro raider group though. Like one for the leader and one extra for someone else. And after you kill them you can steal the cars and maybe even convert them (extra armor, some spikes here and there, better engines, etc.).

Also, after you beat the game you should be able to have your own gang of raiders, with shitloads of vehicles. And you can drive around and bust caravans or take out entire cities with ease.

Or maybe, to make it more post apocalyptic and confusing, they should add a GMOD-eqsue mode where you can built your own car from scratch. A good way for bethesda to whore out more money:

They can charge people for carparts. :D
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Emil speaks

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

Emil Pagliarulo wrote:But the truth is the truth.
Not true.
Death to quotes.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Dreadnought wrote:I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 vehicles pro raider group though. Like one for the leader and one extra for someone else. And after you kill them you can steal the cars and maybe even convert them (extra armor, some spikes here and there, better engines, etc.).

Also, after you beat the game you should be able to have your own gang of raiders, with shitloads of vehicles. And you can drive around and bust caravans or take out entire cities with ease.

Or maybe, to make it more post apocalyptic and confusing, they should add a GMOD-eqsue mode where you can built your own car from scratch. A good way for bethesda to whore out more money:

They can charge people for carparts. :D

For the larger raider groups, having a couple three vehicles wouldnt be that bad, but it should be only for the more powerful ones.

And most or all of the vehicles should wind up having to be destroyed too.

Tho if the raider leader has a harley with a large sidepod that can carry cargo and or people, that would be cool.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Huge motored units also need shitloads of fuel. I'd rather see a few trucks, a few bikes and those would work as a movable base. If shit hits the fan, most of the people can just hang on to the trucks.

I didn't mind the tribals, because when shit hits the fan people usually turn pretty native. Master of the flies anyone... (i think that's the translation, too lazy to check it on imdb).

Ps. am i the only who get's a Glow feel about that concept....

DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

In Fallout 3 you can drive your car from ego view, thats so cool.
Its also possible to pick locks optional with a minigame or not.
And i shoul tell you about the dialogues, too, there are indeed some nice dialogues, but most NPC faces are ugly and talking about the weather gets boring.

The truth is the truth.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Well, already Mad Max tought us that there are alternative fuel sources. Imagine a gang/group of raiders living at an all battery factory. Driving electric cars. Woud pretty much solve every fuel problem. :D
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Guys, you're beginning to sound like Chris Avellone. Gasoline is virtually non-existant(the whole reason for the bloody war in FO mythos) and energy cells are rare, as well as functional cars that use them. Too many cars is a no-no.

Apart from the leather jacket and a sawed-off shotgun, I consider Fallout's setting very different from Mad Max's. Advanced 50's sci-fi technology has a huge influence on the setting than just the raw, gun blazin', post-apoc survivalist realism.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

I also agree that 50's scifi is a major part of fallout, but i'd rather see mad max in FO3, than a shitty 50's setting from bethesda. I mean you really have to INTO the setting, to make a similar or identical one. And hey, most of them haven't even played Fallout....I hope more of them have seen mad max :D

Our Host!