Fallout 3 Site Update

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Urizen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Fallout 3 Site Update

Post by Urizen »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - News related to <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/archives.php ... ry=12">Top Story: Fallout 3 news</a>

<p>Bethesda's<a target="_blank" href="http://fallout.bethsoft.com/"> Fallout 3 site</a> has just been updated with some concept art and some streaming music. And let me tell you: if you liked Oblivious, you're gonna LOVE Fallout 3! We allready knew there was going to be a countdown for something, but we now know it's for a teaser. The bomb goes off in 34 days.
</p><p><strong>Edit by King of Creation</strong>:
Here's what <strong>Matt Grandstaff</strong>, Bethesda's community liason, <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... pic=688866" target="_self">had to say</a>:</p><blockquote><em>We&rsquo;ve updated the Fallout site with a countdown to the release of the
Fallout 3 teaser trailer. On the site you&rsquo;ll find concept art we
created in conjunction with noted concept artist Craig Mullins, as well
as a streaming version of the Fallout 3 title track. We hope you like
it.

We&rsquo;ll be updating the site weekly with new art as we approach the release of the teaser.</em>
</blockquote><p> </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamesurge.net/">#fallout</a></p>
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

34 days more pain and suffering, only for more pain and suffering.

edit: i see no countdown, no artwork, just the poster... mhh... cool. B)
-> fixed, just had to change some browser settings
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Gstaff wrote:We’ve updated the Fallout site with a countdown to the release of the Fallout 3 teaser trailer. On the site you’ll find concept art we created in conjunction with noted concept artist Craig Mullins, as well as a streaming version of the Fallout 3 title track. We hope you like it.

We’ll be updating the site weekly with new art as we approach the release of the teaser.

Fallout 3 Website
Same story, different source:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... 88866&st=0
my vocabulary skills is above you.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

That music so doesn't fit the fallout setting. Sounds way too fantasy like.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:That music so doesn't fit the fallout setting. Sounds way too fantasy like.
qfe

the art is similarly lacking in style, i mean all the background in original fallout looked like they were ripped from an illustration in a 50s tour guide or something, but this just looks like fairly generic fantasy concept art.

gosh, i was actually expecting a lot better. dark ambience plz
Last edited by atoga on Wed May 02, 2007 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Sounds way too fantasy like.
Conan: The Wasteland Strider.
atoga wrote:gosh, i was actually expecting a lot better.
You were?
Last edited by TNP on Wed May 02, 2007 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I was just told that the music might be a remix of the tanker music in FO2? Is that right? I still don't think it fits the setting that well.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G9JZ353_Vo

sounds like they took the theme and then threw some battledrums and some other lord of the rings shit over it
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

niggas please, its obliviously that this music was made "to produce hype".

i dont think that such music will be in the Fallout 3 intro/outro etc... maybe for combat, i think... D:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Grandiose, yet fresh. Let's just wait for the teaser, aye?

edit: I hate speculating on concept artwork, but I noted the environment looks more dead than arid, which might suggest it wont take place on the West coast.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'm actually kinda excited cause I wanna know if we can either damn or support Beth entirely instead of dancing round the bush and going "Well it COULD be bad, but there's a possibility it COULD be good. Hey! Look! More Pete double speak."
aries100
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by aries100 »

To me, the music sounded wagnerian announcing götterdämmerung or the destruction or the apocalypse of the world. It sounded like the kettledrums to me, the drums that did the boom-boom-boom sound, marking clearly the apocalypse of the world. (kettledrums is the drums placed farthest at the back in the symfonia orchestra, sorry, :) I looked it up in a dictionary, and that's was the only word for it).

However, I agree, somewhat, that the music has too much of a fantasy side to it, and maybe even has a little to much cowboy themse over it. (certain aspects of the music sounded like the music from 'bonanza' or westerns and such, but maybe that's just me??)

The concept art was certainly not what I expected.
This looks a lot different from what I've seen in Daggerfall (the demo), and in Morrowind and yes, in Oblivion, as well.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

The music starts off... well, it kind of fits the setting. It can work as long as the tone isn't that for the rest of the game (lets have some 40s/50s songs please!).

And it does get a bit fantasy-ish toward the end, but... yeah. I can dig it, as long as the game proper has more electronic/ambient sounds that skip on the big orchestral scores.

Artwork - well, it's hard to tell. Again it looks slightly fantasy-ish. Very serious, perhaps too serious. Kind of like the music, I guess.

But here's what I really like. The fact that they're still calling it Fallout 3. That, in my opinion, is a fucking good sign.

EDIT: here's what's wrong with the music (comment by Hory on Codex): "The epic music based on a saxophone scares me (as it seems suitable for a "hero of the wasteland, defeater of all that is evil" scenario"). It should be minimalist, mysterious, strange, raw. Not just because that's how it was in FO1/2, but that's what's appropiate for a wasteland." That just about nails it.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

The artwork reminds me of Project Phoenix.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I think Steve is still promising us screen shots.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Does anyone know how to download the mp3 from that flash thingy? I kinda want to put this on my ipod and listen to it on endless loop.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Ill give it a whirl later KoC, assuming the mp3 is embeded into the flash, you just need to DL the flash itslef, then rip it and extract the files.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Ugh. Is there anything on Earth and beyond more generic than that? And please, no fucking wilderness. I wanna see some cities, robots, muties and shit!
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

King of Creation wrote:Does anyone know how to download the mp3 from that flash thingy? I kinda want to put this on my ipod and listen to it on endless loop.
EDIT: wait, whoops, wrong thread, wrong flash.

Nope, no way, KoC, it's embedded in the flash.
Last edited by Brother None on Wed May 02, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Ahah! I knew it. Still, pretty good rendition.
Our Host!