Fallout reinstall and patches

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Fallout reinstall and patches

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Hi, i am planing to reinstall Fallout 1 again, so i looked over at NMA *cough* and there were like 10 or so patches including fanpatches and stuff.
So i dont know which one to pick from, any ideas?

see here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... &cat_id=12

Plus im looking for some good mods, in english or german or spanish :che: for Fallout 1, to make this whole new regaming more interesting. Also i heard there is some Resolution patch or something, whats up with that?
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Good thread. I was thinking about replaying Fallout 1 again.

I know that there were heaps of good ideas for mods a while back, but I think they all died.

I think there was someone working on a mod to add better NPC controls, but I dunno if it was released or not. (telling Ian not to fucking shoot you in the back, making Dogmeat survive the shitloads of super mutants... stuff like that).

IIRC I played a mod where some of the quests and NPC that didn't make it in the final game were restored.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Give me some links to Fallout mod download sites, NMA seems like very limited in the Fallout 1 section. Also aren´t there mods for new weapons and all that?

At NMA there was a guy called LeXx* or something, he made an german mod , i cant remember more. if it was FO1 or 2.

i found this dreadnaught http://www.teamx.ru/eng/files/f1mod.shtml thats what you were talking about. seems like there arent more.

still i´m looking for the best patch, tough, i dont know which to choose from.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

seems like the fan patches don't do much at all, just stay true to the form and use patch 1.1
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Wasn't there that fanmade 1.41 which fixed all known bugs in FO2?
Serious Business.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

@Koki we´re talking about Fallout 1

to topic: I have installed all known Patches, who i liked... it was like 5 different patches :dribble: lets rock the shit out of that game.
Also there is something new called F1 Fatal Damage mod over at NMA.

edit2: I have an error message here:
Not enough free disk space. Fallout requires at least 20.0 megabytes of free hard disk.
WTf? i got 20 Gigabyte of free hard disk. What to do now?

edit3: Ah okay it worked now, i just needed to switch to Compability mode to Windows 95 ... i haven have sound, its awesome. :eyebrow:
Last edited by DaC-Sniper on Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Askagorn
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Askagorn »

Damnit! Now you made me wanna replay it to!
"I'll get you during my next save game."
--The Chosen One
Our Host!