Drag box + tiles

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
JaTe
SDF!
SDF!

Drag box + tiles

Post by JaTe »

Ok so another question.

When you drag a box to place tiles, how do you get them to line up with existing tiles?

So far I haven't been able to do it considtently.

I was looking back at one of my maps and need to redo a large area, unfortunatly I DON't want to go back and put in each tile by hand. But when I drag a box I can't get the tiles to line up, what's the trick?
JaTe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by JaTe »

right...so I figure out that RES thing that snaps them to a grid, works great...now...is there a way to move preexisting tiles to the grid?
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

If you are laying floor tiles, set your grid res to 6, and it will lay them down in a nice orderly fashion when dragging a box of tiles, but depending on what else you may have to do, it could require lots of manual tweaking.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Also check the option for view the bounding box of the tiles, I think under the view menu. That is the most helpful thing in my opinion. Also make damn sure your floor tiles are always at the same elevation.

Preexisting tiles are moved by way of clips. Highlight a group of floor tiles for example by using 'Select' and then hit Ctrl-C. If you want to move them to a different map, use the 'save clip' function. Use Ctrl-V to paste them in place. Again if you are in another map 'load the clip' and then use Ctrl-V to paste them in place. Eleveation is critical to make sure you know where you are. Also if you want to select a lot of tiles on different elevations hold down shift for each new selection.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Also if you want to select a lot of tiles on different elevations hold down shift for each new selection.
To which I would add that if you want to select everything in an area from Level -128 to Level 128 hold down Alt as you select the tiles. Very handy for getting a building in one shot.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

Off Topic:
Can someone contact our admins to change Section8's title? I don't think we see Company Newbies in other Forums...
Our Host!