Test Campaign (with map!)

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
JaTe
SDF!
SDF!

Test Campaign (with map!)

Post by JaTe »

Hey,

I've got a short test campaign I'd like someone to look at for me. It's basically the start of what will hopefully be a 5 to 6 mission campaign.

So far it's got 3 sites, 9 badguys, a Holodisk and 1 special encounter!

If anyone's interested I'll see about getting it uploaded somewhere.
Consider yourself thanked!
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

I'd love to help testing your map, but I'm waist-deep in my own campaign. Perhaps OTB could lend a hand, since he has so much time on his hands? :lol:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Max-Violence wrote:Perhaps OTB could lend a hand, since he has so much time on his hands? :lol:
You should change your sig to "Remember, no one likes Max_Violence." :mrgreen:

Seriously JaTe, I'd like to help, but I'm swamped w/my own material.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
JaTe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by JaTe »

I found a big problem with the campaign when I moved it to a different computer. When I get that problem worked out and add a map I've been working on I'll send it along, or upload it to this site, I found a friend to playtest it, but I may need more.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Playtesting is very time consuming for a one-map mission. I am continuously testing things as I work on specific areas so that I do not not have to go back and try to debug later on. Then I write down a checklist of things to fix when I get back in the editor. I think I have filled about a dozen pages of checklist items.

By the way, I've been putting in some productive map time in the past couple of days.....
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

JaTe wrote:I found a big problem with the campaign when I moved it to a different computer.
I hope for your sake that the problem isn't that the tiles aren't displaying. If that's the case you probably unzipped them incorrectly (i.e. in the wrong directory) and your maps will have to be rebuilt from the ground up. Ask Max-Violence about that one, it killed his first SP mission, "RoboCentral", which he still hasn't reworked and released to this day.

OTB
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

OnTheBounce wrote: Ask Max-Violence about that one, it killed his first SP mission, "RoboCentral", which he still hasn't reworked and released to this day.
Just when I almost forgot about that, you had to go and...

But yea, JaTe, hope that isn't the problem. Trust me.

JaTe, does the problem involve player indecies that you Deactivate using a trigger, but they're not really deactivated? I've had that problem as well, and the best way to fix it is to make a separate team for the deactivated PI's and throw in some triggers to change the team of the PI's so they don't shoot at the PCs when deactivated :D

You can ask Endocore about that one - he was the first to report the problem to me.
JJ86 wrote: By the way, I've been putting in some productive map time in the past couple of days.....
I was just about to ask you how things were going... :mrgreen:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

MV wrote:I was just about to ask you how things were going...
Yep, it's shaping up. As soon as I finish the Quartz map, I am going to try and figure out how to slap it together in a mini-campaign with the Rail-Nomads camp and the starting Desert Ranger Center. Both of those maps are almost complete. Then I have to a final round of play-testing.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Max-Violence wrote:Just when I almost forgot about that, you had to go and...
Would you like some lemon juice in that cut to go with the salt? :P
Max-Violence wrote:...[D]oes the problem involve player indecies that you Deactivate using a trigger, but they're not really deactivated? I've had that problem as well, and the best way to fix it is to make a separate team for the deactivated PI's and throw in some triggers to change the team of the PI's so they don't shoot at the PCs when deactivated.
I've never encountered that one, m'self. I do use a deactivated dummy index - usually labeled "fakes" or something similar - in those few instances where I use clones, but that's about it. An example of clone use would be when I don't want a person to be able to barter before something happens, like in my first bunker mission where you have to talk to the Assistant QM before you can deal w/the QM himself I simply have two entities that are toggled between the QM's index and the "fake" index. The funny thing is that if you're watching the map poriton of the dialogue (diatribe, actually) screen you can see the QM switching position as the clones are switched.

OTB
JaTe
SDF!
SDF!

Post by JaTe »

Max-Violence wrote:JaTe, does the problem involve player indecies that you Deactivate using a trigger, but they're not really deactivated? I've had that problem as well, and the best way to fix it is to make a separate team for the deactivated PI's and throw in some triggers to change the team of the PI's so they don't shoot at the PCs when deactivated :D
It's not the tile thing and it's not that problem. One of the maps isn't loading. It says it can't find it, but it's RIGHT THERE! I think I just need to reload the data and remake the .cam file.
Our Host!