Modding Party Members - "Removing" the NPC Limit

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
shocktrooper22
SDF!
SDF!

Modding Party Members - "Removing" the NPC Limit

Post by shocktrooper22 »

A long time ago, I heard a rumor that one could mod a single variable in a party member's stats so that (s)he would not count towards the player character's Party Limit. Is this possible using the current modding tools (F.*.C.K, DatMan, etc.) or would I need the FO2 source code to accomplish this?

If this is currently possible using any modding tools at all, please walk me through the process, for it would be totally awesome to roam the wastes with Sulik, Vic, Cassidy, Lenny, Marcus, Skynet, Goris, K-9, Cyberdog, Davin/Miria, and even Myron all following at my side :D
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

No, You'd need to recompile all the "follower" NPC scripts. Still doable, but I don't know to what point.

And quite frankly I don't find the idea so cool, but rather annoying...
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

Imagine spending countless hours pushing 11 NPCs out of the way all the time. I think 4 NPCs are too many, 3 is okay and 2 is suitable, for me anyway.
shocktrooper22
SDF!
SDF!

Post by shocktrooper22 »

>> Imagine spending countless hours pushing 11 NPCs out of the way all the time. I think 4 NPCs are too many, 3 is okay and 2 is suitable, for me anyway.

I have played a game as a goody 2-shoes dragging 7 NPCs (Sulik, Vic, Cassidy, Marcus, Goris, K-9, and Davin) and found it rather entertaining. To prevent having to push them out of the way too often, I just told them to "spread out a bit." That way, I only really had to worry about pushing Davin.

>> No, You'd need to recompile all the "follower" NPC scripts. Still doable, but I don't know to what point.

Bummer! So does this mean that I DO need the FO2 source code to attempt this? Yet I'd still like to look into this further. Where might I find "follower" NPC scripts and what might be a good way to start off recompiling? (i.e. Which files/tools would be good to download for such an undertaking?)
Red

Post by Red »

No, no need for source. Check out this thread for some more info:
http://www.duckandcover.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=728
Blacken
Respected
Respected

Post by Blacken »

I don't know about Davin, but I know you can actually make Miria move farther away. Just use Custom in the Combat Control. And don't talk to her anymore, or it resets.
Our Host!