Gamasutra talks with Bethesda about Fallout

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Gamasutra talks with Bethesda about Fallout

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Interview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p><a target="_self" href="http://www.gamasutra.com/">Gamasutra</a> was able to have a short sit-down Q&A with the guys at <a target="_self" href="http://www.bethsoft.com">Bethesda</a> about a variety of things, including <em>Fallout 3</em>. Nothing really new, but here are the highlights.</p><blockquote><p><em>[When] asked about Bethesda's highly anticipated resurrection of the classic </em><em>Fallout
post-apocalyptic role-playing franchise, Hines was obviously coy: &ldquo;We
are a fairly good ways into the process. The team has ramped up, and it
will be a little while longer. As is the case with all of our games,
especially those of this scope, we don't really want to talk about them
until they are in a state where we can show you, rather than having you
simply picturing it in your minds eye.&rdquo;

He added, simply: &ldquo;</em>
<em>Fallout is not a quick two year process, and we are already several years into the project.&rdquo;</em></p></blockquote><p>Two and a half years later, we still don't officially "know" the facts, <a target="_self" href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 16487">but we've got a pretty good idea</a>.</p><p>Check out the whole article <a target="_self" href="http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_i ... 2529">here on Gamasutra.</a></p><p>Thanks for the tip <strong>Tykjenffs</strong>!
</p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.gamesurge.net/">#fallout</a></p>
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Bethesdaabout? Kewl.

OMFG years into the project that totally explains why they're not read to show anything yet you guys should just shut up and trust bethesda owkay?
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Nice to see they're taking the time to perfect the biggest swindle in CRPG history.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

VasikkA wrote:Nice to see they're taking the time to perfect the biggest swindle in CRPG history.
Maybe we should take over PR.

"We fooled you into buying Morrowind. We duped you into buying Oblivion. We made you swallow all your pride and self-respect in buying worthless add-ons. Now put more money in our pocket! Fallout 3: Swords of the East Coast, coming to you Q4 2007."
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

They never get tired of masturbating, don't they?
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Amazing that a comment meaning no more than 'We've barely started making it, fuck off.' can inspire such deep criticism from our witty lads at the front.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

It's not amazing, dumbnut
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

What say ya'll? Two years cut off of development time if they were to say... nix X-Box dev?

Nah, they'd never do that... much more economical to nix the PC dev! Go Bethesda!
Death to quotes.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Fallout is dead; Long live Fallout.

::pipboy:: brains..... must.. eat.. brains..
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

T-900 wrote:Amazing that a comment meaning no more than 'We've barely started making it, fuck off.' can inspire such deep criticism from our witty lads at the front.
Because that's a lie that's getting old very quickly. Do you really believe that after two years they still don't have anything to talk about? Do you think that the upcoming xbox interview is "sorry, folks, we've barely started making it, fuck off"?
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Id have more respect for pete if he came here and made a post saying: "We're making it, we wont say shit til we want to, fuck off til then"
Dan_Wood
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Dan_Wood »

VasikkA wrote:Nice to see they're taking the time to perfect the biggest swindle in CRPG history.
Oooh, I didn't realize that there was enough room in the Bankrupcymobile to hold TWO game companies! ROAD TRIP!

Shamelessly stolen from MNFIU.cc
Dan Wood

Nothing like a slow-moving localized apocalypse to really make you think about proper data backup procedures.
beryllium
SDF!
SDF!

Post by beryllium »

Cthulhu wrote:They never get tired of masturbating, don't they?
Obviously, they don't! :sperm: :sperm: :sperm:
<a href="http://www.corso-don.ru">He is not dogmeet, he is different!</a>
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Dan_Wood wrote:
Oooh, I didn't realize that there was enough room in the Bankrupcymobile to hold TWO game companies! ROAD TRIP!

Shamelessly stolen from MNFIU.cc

If Beth fucks up Fallout really bad, then Id larf SOooooooooooo hard if that happend.
Lysandus
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Lysandus »

Some of the people on digg don't seem to be recieving the news so well.
Since Oblivion came out I've been extremely upset with Bethesda.

They've really screwed up the Elder Scrolls series.

Everything that was wrong with Morrowind was repeated in Oblivion, and they made several new game design blunders to boot. It's a shame. I really wanted to enjoy this game. Every time I try to play it, to give it another chance, I can't do it. It's just a fundamentally awful game. The bad qualities completely ruin the good things in it.

I cringe when I wonder how Bethesda is now going to ass-rape Fallout and spoil another legacy for gamers.
http://digg.com/gaming_news/Bethesda_al ... _Fallout_3
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Well I can understand them keeping it all under wraps. Even though they live on HYPE, too long time of hype will lead to destruction of any game.

Always fun to see that the first post is by a NMAer. Damn, we need to be more active ;)
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

Lysandus wrote:Some of the people on digg don't seem to be recieving the news so well.
Since Oblivion came out I've been extremely upset with Bethesda.

They've really screwed up the Elder Scrolls series.

Everything that was wrong with Morrowind was repeated in Oblivion, and they made several new game design blunders to boot. It's a shame. I really wanted to enjoy this game. Every time I try to play it, to give it another chance, I can't do it. It's just a fundamentally awful game. The bad qualities completely ruin the good things in it.

I cringe when I wonder how Bethesda is now going to ass-rape Fallout and spoil another legacy for gamers.
My point exactly.
Amasius
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Amasius »

Without words:
I for one I am psyched to see what Bethesda does with the series. There was plenty of Humor in Oblivion so I'm not too worried that they won't "get" the humor in the Fallout series. I don't understand these people that say Oblivion ruined the Elder Scrolls series, I really do not. People keep spewing this hate for Oblivion but do not site any valid examples at all...
Lurker
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

FO Humor and TES humor are a big difrrence.

I got morrrowind a while back, mainly to see if it was any good.

Its not.

Its a great way to waste time, but all the plots and quests feel flat and stagnant.

And its too damn small.

FO3 will be a dying world, were there are so few people in 'huge' towns that you know even the biggest of towns wont last much longer, simply becasue their populatin is below the viability point (the point at which a population is so small, ANY breeding will wind up resuting in fuckin yer cousin and inbreeding)

EDIT: Just re-read the link ............ found this gem ...

But how will it compare to Brotherhood of Steel? That is the question.

This guy brings up a valid point, will it rape the FO universe more that Pos ?
Last edited by PsychoSniper on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodlust
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bloodlust »

Well,thank god for the Oblivion:LOLing Islands expansion.That should teach beth's employers how to add loling humor to their games and ADD lol python jokes in fallout 3
hello, new guy!
have you been tubgirled yet?
Our Host!