Rumor Time: Fear the story?

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Rumor Time: Fear the story?

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Editorial ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>Just to poke the <em>Fallout 3</em> rumor fire....</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>Rosh, a respected and oldtime member of the Fallout community, has posted the following <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 608#329608" target="_self">in a thread on DAC</a>:</p><blockquote><span class="postbody"><em>[Oblivion with guns...] Mmm, add RT combat, a near Oblivion/Gothic style viewpoint, and some
art that suggests they should have used the Fallout d20 art, and you're
about right on.
</em></span>
<span class="postbody"><em /></span>
<span class="postbody"><em>Oh, and when you hear bits of the story, you're going to be wishing
for Van Buren, and I tended to loathe the concept of that game for a
reason. </em></span></blockquote><p><span class="postbody">
</span></p><p>Rumors like this have been floating around for a while now, but I wanted to bring it back to the front page because we might be seeing some stuff from<a href="http://www.bethsoft.com" target="_self"> Bethesda </a>within a few weeks (if OXM actually reveals things).</p><p>Discuss! </p>
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Uh, man... It's almost one month old.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

and i dont want to sound overly optimistic, because i have very little faith in bethesda, but what does rosh know about the storyline?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

:ec_not_dc_comics:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Re: Rumor Time: Fear the story?

Post by Brother None »

2382 wrote:Rumors like this have been floating around for a while now, but I wanted to bring it back to the front page because we might be seeing some stuff from<a href="http://www.bethsoft.com" target="_self"> Bethesda </a>within a few weeks (if OXM actually reveals things).
If I heard correctly, OXM gets nothing but a broad-stroked picture. There's one more presentation in the pipeline for a major gaming website, and after that the game is announced in March, and the hype machine goes into full thrust.

If I heard correctly.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Re: Rumor Time: Fear the story?

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Kharn wrote:
2382 wrote:Rumors like this have been floating around for a while now, but I wanted to bring it back to the front page because we might be seeing some stuff from<a href="http://www.bethsoft.com" target="_self"> Bethesda </a>within a few weeks (if OXM actually reveals things).
If I heard correctly, OXM gets nothing but a broad-stroked picture. There's one more presentation in the pipeline for a major gaming website, and after that the game is announced in March, and the hype machine goes into full thrust.

If I heard correctly.

Trying to make up for the buttfucking rosh gave you?
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

but what does rosh know about the storyline?
He's always six moves ahead, you fool.
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

i dont even understand why this is newsworthy. its just a community member bitching and moaning about how bad the story is likely to be, as though hes an authority on the development of fallout 3. is he an authority on fallout 3? if not, why is this newsworthy?

if i make a comment in that thread saying, "the story in fallout 3 is probably going to be bad," will i get my own news post?
l84wrk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by l84wrk »

Any chance that this is delayed to April 1st and ends up being some really bad April Fool's Joke?

Sigh.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

johnnygothisgun wrote:i dont even understand why this is newsworthy. its just a community member bitching and moaning about how bad the story is likely to be, as though hes an authority on the development of fallout 3. is he an authority on fallout 3? if not, why is this newsworthy?

if i make a comment in that thread saying, "the story in fallout 3 is probably going to be bad," will i get my own news post?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

My Bethesda contact informed me that the soil erosion effect in Fallout 3 will BLOW YOUR MIND!!
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:
johnnygothisgun wrote:i dont even understand why this is newsworthy. its just a community member bitching and moaning about how bad the story is likely to be, as though hes an authority on the development of fallout 3. is he an authority on fallout 3? if not, why is this newsworthy?

you lack e-cred, so no
Dagon
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dagon »

Hey guys did you saw this:
i just spotted it on NMA, it's a blog of Bethesda's producer and the lates entry is about fallout series, which he claims to be his favourites. When i read this stuff I even started gbeing optimistic until I read this sentence:
I prefer to pretend Fallout stopped after the 2nd game:)
it's just after he is telling about F:POS and Tictacs but it can also refer to Fallout 3 i don't know... anyway this guy seems to be quite intelligent
War, war never changes....
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

Rosh's opinion is based on some inside info he had access to. The rest depends on what you own position in regard to Fallout stories is. If you are flexible enough and think that FOT story (for example only) was pretty cool, then you may like Bethesda's story. If not...

From what I've heard through my own contacts, Rosh's right though. Not that anyone would expect a good story and setting's consistency from Bethesda after Oblivion, of course.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

I have lost interest, when this is true, and i think it is.

edit: also have lost interest in bioshock, now there is not much left.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

how does rosh have "contacts"? i can't imagine rosh & anyone at bethsoft being bedfellows.
DaC-Sniper wrote:I have lost interest, when this is true, and i think it is.

edit: also have lost interest in bioshock, now there is not much left.
suicide is the only solution, kid.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

atoga wrote:how does rosh have "contacts"? i can't imagine rosh & anyone at bethsoft being bedfellows.
It's a large company and people do like to talk about what they do.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Can I get contacts and e-cred if I'm condescending and pretentious in every one of my posts?
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

SuperH wrote:Can I get contacts and e-cred if I'm condescending and pretentious in every one of my posts?
Apparently not. I've been condescending and pretentious in most posts I've made for *months* now, and I've yet to receive a *single* mail from a Bethesda dev telling me he thinks I'm really kewl because I hate Oblivion and here's all the details of Fallout 3.

I'm kind of disappointed. Maybe I should be even more pretentious and create i-hate-oblivion.com.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
VDweller
Regular
Regular

Post by VDweller »

SuperH wrote:Can I get contacts and e-cred if I'm condescending and pretentious in every one of my posts?
Absofuckinglutely.
Kharn wrote:Apparently not. I've been condescending and pretentious in most posts I've made for *months* now, and I've yet to receive a *single* mail from a Bethesda dev telling me he thinks I'm really kewl because I hate Oblivion and here's all the details of Fallout 3.

I'm kind of disappointed. Maybe I should be even more pretentious and create i-hate-oblivion.com.
I've never been contacted by Bethesda or any other company. I initiated all the contacts myself, trying to arrange interviews and such. That's how I interviewed Bioware, Obsidian (three developers, only two were posted), Gothic 3, Witcher, Drakensang, etc. I've talked to 7 people at BethSoft in 2006. 5 agreed to answer some questions. Even Kathode (although that was in 2005) agreed to talk about the Fallout games, but Pete killed the first three or four attempts, and then I stopped asking him and just talked to people who were willing to discuss different aspects of Oblivion and FO3. Only two people had something informative to say though.
Our Host!