Invisible NPCs?

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
l84wrk
SDF!
SDF!

Invisible NPCs?

Post by l84wrk »

Hey,

I had a couple of NPCs with me (Vic and Sulik), but when I went to New Reno and hooked up with Mrs. Bishop, they vanished. I know they're still there because I get their level up message when I level and the NCR police go nuts on me because they're still armed.

any fixes? running fan-made 1.051 (i think it was 051, may have been just 05).
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

It's a bug. Try to 'hook up' with Mrs. Bishop again and your NPCs should come back. I think it worked for me(played with official patch).
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I am quite certain that they are on the floor below.
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

I've encountered that "problem" as well but all i did was go back to the lower floors and they reappeared...hopefully it works for u as well
For now i have none...but i will soon....
l84wrk
SDF!
SDF!

Post by l84wrk »

No, going back to lower floors didn't help, but while they were invisible, they apparently didn't count against my max NPC count. Eventually I picked up Goris. And when I got the scene where Goris said he leaves because he senses trouble at the vault, poof, they all came back.

Seems to me they vanished in a sudden dialogue cut and came back the same way.
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

well im happy that you didnt have to reload or anything, that problem most likely wont occur again. It seems to only happen with the bishop women (mostly the wife)
For now i have none...but i will soon....
Our Host!