Rumor Time: Fallout 3 Release Date

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Rumor Time: Fallout 3 Release Date

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>Let's start more rumors!</p><p>A few days ago, <strong>Cooper</strong> submitted a rumored release date for <em>Fallout 3</em>. Bethesda won't talk about it, obviously, so it's just a very big RUMOR. However, this is what Cooper had to say:</p><blockquote><p><em>I know most people won't believe me, but I have confirmation from a
software distributor that Fallout 3 is currently set for a release date
of <strong>Nov 7th 2007</strong>.</em></p><p><em>The name of the company I deal with is called Xcel, and they've typically never had a bad release date before.</em></p></blockquote><p>Now, being ever the skeptic, I didn't even bother with it. But Kharn did a little digging, and this is what he found:</p><blockquote><span class="postbody"><em>1. Cooper works for PC Waterloo. Check his IP.
</em></span>

<span class="postbody"><em>2. Xcel is an existing Canadian Publishing Company. I got in
contact with a sales rep, he said their release date info on Fallout 3
*is* Nov 27th. He noted he got this info from EB Games.
</em></span>

<span class="postbody"><em>3. EB Games told me they know nothing, but "We get all release
dates from the manufacturer, EB Games/Gamestop does not dictate the
release dates." </em></span></blockquote><p><span class="postbody">
</span></p><p>I'm still putting absolutely no stock in this whatsoever, but it's still interesting, and I'm scrounging for any <em>Fallout 3</em> news. </p><p>Thanks <strong>Kharn</strong>! </p>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Bethesda has been working on Fallout 3 since 2004 with their own engine so they shouldn't be that far away from completion. Release dates aren't that reliable but Nov 7th might be some sort of deadline, who knows.

However, bigger question is why Bethesda has not started the hype yet. Some obscure marketing gimmick?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

No. Marketing would imply that you're showing people things so they buy you're product.

This isn't marketing. This is cockteasing.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

:bored:
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

VasikkA wrote:However, bigger question is why Bethesda has not started the hype yet. Some obscure marketing gimmick?
They don't want to leave us much time to create a backlash as they "innovate" the license.

Also, wait a few months.
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Cooper420
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cooper420 »

I'm hoping this tenative release date is true.

As being the bearer of the rumor, I take a bit of pride in having found this information.

I have been addicted to the Fallout series since it came out.

If I get any updates or new info on dates, I will be sure to provide them

And not to be cocky, I dont work at PC Waterloo, I own PC Waterloo.

I just hope my supplier has this release info right, they obviously have a larger distributor, but somebody somewhere must have recieved this information from Bethesda.

It seems to me that until production is near completion, Bethsoft does not want to make things too public.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

cooper, you will be our inside man. you must kill father
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

No, cock teasing is showing people things they can't have. Right now we're talking iron curtain.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

You forgot to add in your news that the Nov 7th 2007 is only the realease date for Xbox360 or PS3, PC game will be dropped later (or not).
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Cthulhu Speaks!

Post by 4too »

Cthulhu Speaks!

Thanks to drow21 for bumping up this reference.

What is the connection of this release date rumor and Cthulhu's December 10, 2006 thread
http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 856#335856
that gives this COMMERCIAL web address:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 1#MoreInfo

""Future"" Shop is offering, for 60 dollars, A game called FO 3 by Bethesda Softworks, that will allegedly be released in November 30, 2007.
Releases 30 Nov/07. Break out the Pipboy - it's the end of the world. Armageddon has come and gone and humanity, mutanity and just about every other form of life is trying to pick itself up by the bootstraps, the tentacles or whatever else it can get a hold of and start life again. From the developers of the ever popular Elder Scrolls series, Fallout 3 is sure to please...* More Info
The 'simulated' box art is from Interplay's mock up a of a Van Buren title screen.

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/pro ... 075525.jpg

A mock .... up .... or a mockery ...

KoC's quoting 'the barer of news":
... Xcel is an existing Canadian Publishing Company. I got in contact with a sales rep, he said their release date info on Fallout 3 *is* Nov 27th. ,,,
So what is the REAL truth, is this release date November 27th or November 30th 2007?

Not just splitting cunt hairs ... if it's on the interweb it must be so, so which day is it exactly.

This 'Future' Shop web page is offering to take YOUR MONEY ... for a pre order that's 10 months away from today ... almost a year from when Cthulhu spoke.

When does the lampooning end and the scam begin?

Is this all a covert speculation to provide busy work in some unnamable marketing hive? A camouflaged poll to meter the interest?
Why ask for money? Your credit card number, the true measure of unrequited love?

So when does the lampooning end and the scam begin?

Just stirring up the sh't for fun ... or money?

Prank or theft, both can involve some form of injury.
This allegation is resolved by what, a mere question of intent, no harm meant?

Or am I just splitting RED cunt hairs here?

4too
PiP

Post by PiP »

box art may not be as exactly as shown :lol:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Re: Cthulhu Speaks!

Post by Redeye »

4too wrote:
Or am I just splitting RED cunt hairs here?

4too
Red Hairings?
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Oh you can write "Customer review" of fallout 3 on future shop.
Brother None
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Brother None »

Cooper420 wrote:And not to be cocky, I dont work at PC Waterloo, I own PC Waterloo.
Our bad, sorry. And well done on dropping the news to us, though we are all still skeptical.
Cooper420 wrote:I just hope my supplier has this release info right, they obviously have a larger distributor, but somebody somewhere must have recieved this information from Bethesda.
I'm not sure how it is on the Americas, but in Europe the best way to get release dates before they're published via the press is through commercial chains of info.

That said, I got no real confirmation from EB Games, just a bit of a spin, so who knows?
Ozrat wrote:I haven't been so oppressed since prom in 9th grade.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

EB games always make up release dates.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

they're minimizing our opportunity to cause a shit storm.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Killzig wrote:they're minimizing our opportunity to cause a shit storm.
Or trigger it early so it dissipates long before actual release.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

King of Creation wrote:No. Marketing would imply that you're showing people things so they buy you're product.

Right now the absence of actual information is causing wild rumors like this to emerge. As if this project is too big for a regular advertising cycle. Even game media and the RPG crowd(including us) are digging every shrapnel of information and making bold assumptions on how the game will look and play. Perhaps it's a protective measure, but I don't believe Bethesda will make a sudden "It's gone Gold!" announcement before hyping the shit out of the new shiny, innovative TES: Fallout.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

We should start doing things like Meg did for STALKER. Dragons in Fallout 3!
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
The Idiot
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by The Idiot »

KoC wrote:We should start doing things like Meg did for STALKER. Dragons in Fallout 3!
Yeah, you could merge it with the wiki later on and save some work. Shouldn't make it less accurate.
Our Host!