FOT: Rules Of Engagement

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
To_an
SDF!
SDF!

Post by To_an »

I couldn't take credit for the 12 gauge ammo. I haven't made them, they are from another team work.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Yeah, we run into a lot of those problems because we've also been using some small stuff from guys that made it ages ago, it's hard to locate everyone and find out who made what.

If a name pops up from the guys that made the 12Gauge ammo sprites, let me know and I will add them to the credits page.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Amaru wrote:I personally haven't looked at the effects for these type of ammunition. It's something we'll do at a later stage.

My personal oppinion is that in order to give the player the option to keep their weapons that they are given earlier in the campaign and by giving them upgraded ammunition, they will be able to keep their weapons and still kill higher and harder enemies.
Good idea.
I don't think we'll be going to use the EMP grenade, although it looks so incredibly sweet. We won't be going with Robots in this campaign. We are doing some extra's and specials and maybe we can do a special mission with robots where this kind of ammunition will be required. I personally want to continue the original storyline. Robots didn't survive.
Maybe have turrets in abandoned bases and high security buildings.
Too bad the code probably isn't there to allow EMP to affect Power Armor
or screw up energy weapons. (Give them a critical failure where they lose
their ammo or explode.) Even mess up stuff in inventory or temporarily
shut down or permanently burn out forcefields. Make it like an easter egg
where some forcewall or vault door is linked to a control panel or generator/power node thigy that is out of line-of-sight. To solve the puzzle you have to fire the EMP grenade using right-click because it is not in direct view. Maybe arrange it so that it is out of throwing range so regular EMP grenades can't be used. Make it even harder by making it a shot through a gap in rubble/etc. Perhaps hide clues.
We have been talking about new Armor types and one thing that came up was Reaver Armor. If we make it that the Armor holds a fusion battery, the EMP Grenades will have extra penetration or something like that.
Reaver Armor would be cool. Reavers seem to go for lean and fast over heavy armor so if its possible the powered kind should just give a little extra armor and extra MP. (MP is Movement Points. Cannibalize functionality from Bonus Move perk?) Building full-function power armor in the wasteland seems to be beyond even the Reavers' or BOS' resources.
Except for very special cases. So the Reaver Armor could maybe be an all-terrain version of those spring-boot things with a power source attached for the extra MPs and to carry extra armor-plating without encumbering the wearer. How to not encumber the wearer? Make the armor really light- like say it weighs 5 pounds even though it weighs a lot more?
Perhaps a cheaper kind of Reaver armor that combines Leather Armor Mk2 with Metal Armor Mk2 in a very trim, lightweight package. All the benefits with none of the drawbacks. Special padding may even increase stealth slightly rather than impair it. You could say that the blended armor is achieved by using processed resins with mutant-hide leather and meticulously drop-forged metal plates/scales and strategically placed segments of rubber. The final product is like wearing a lacquered katana.
Time will tell... We'll first have to look into making new armor types... which if we're going to it, will also change the way characters will look while wearing it... if that can not be done, then we're not doing new armors.
Changing the look means going through all of those animations..etc..etc..
Maybe just add a stripe or something.

Yes! More babbing!
:lalala:
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

We've decided to remove the current Bunker01 map that we're using now. We're not happy with the concept and it doesn't fit in the storyline so we're going with the standard bunker map and we're putting the construction of a new bunker map on hold for a few until we've finished some of our other maps.

If anyone has a Bunker map ready or if someone has a concept that they are willing to share, let us know.

Greetz,

Amaru
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

I was bored so I took a spin at the Bunker map again, this time I just modified the original Bunker01 map and re-arranged some of the rooms and stuff like that... Pretty decent and I think it will fit more into the storyline.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

I've been editing some of the sound files from the original FOT so I can use them in FOT: Rules Of Engagement. I know it's nothing fancy but getting people to voice act is just way to much time consuming. We've been thinking about letting crew members speak in speech messages but you run in all sorts of stuff that just makes it crap.

So we've been going through some of the original speech sounds and we've been able to re-use them.

If anyone is interested in making some speeches and if anyone is talented to re-arrange the words and all that, gimme a shout out and maybe we can work something out in creating some dialogue.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Hey Guys,

I'll be offline for 2 or 3 weeks because I'll be switching Internet Providers.

WE will continue working on FOT: Rules Of Engagement so don't worry if you wont get any updates. I will check into my email and the forums from time to time from another location but I wont be posting any frequent updates.

The maps and the campaign is coming along really well so hope I can bring you some really cool updates as soon as my internet is back up and running.

Greetz,

Amaru
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

OK, but don't you go die on us like so many mod projects have done. There are two promising mods I've been following; this and xkcon's mod and I'll gladly reinstall FOT for some asswhuppin 40mm poison grenade action!
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Nahhh the project wont die... it will be slown down a bit though.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

So Amaru is ROE Snake and done another disappearing act.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Not the same person...

Haven't disappeared at all... Been involved in a car accident which kept me from doing anything at all. Currently recovering and I'm gonna be alright.

I've been working on the mod, have finished a lot of small stuff cause I wasn't able to commit myself 100% because of health issues from the accident.

Secondly, I am not hooked up to the internet at my house at the moment so I was not able to inform everyone on the forums.

and if things weren't bad enough, I started a new school in Januari which takes away a lot more free time then I originally intended.

So put everything together I kinda had to slow things down a little. The accident prevented me from doing anything on the project, I was unable to sit behind the computer, let alone do anything that would require me to use my hands... Both wrists broken, couple of ribs broken, heavy head injury and I have a major fraction in my upper jaw, which still needs to recover, so talking alot is out of the question :D

I've been working on the project for the last 2 weeks now, finished up some small stuff, 2 entire missions have been finished, I have done a lot of character and dialogue work.

It's hard for me to focus right now, recovering from a car accident is pretty tuff... It ain't like all those action movies where you just walk out of the hospital and stuff :anger:

But... I'm still active on the project.

You shouldn't give up that easily on people.

[Roe] Snake is a friend of mine btw... Don't mix me up with him.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Amaru wrote:[Roe] Snake is a friend of mine btw... Don't mix me up with him.
Right so it's just a coincidence that after [ROE]Snake had his little tantrum and decided no one was worthy to play his mod, he hands it over to a friend that just happens to have the same name, lives close enough to use the same IP address and uses the same moronic sign off 'Greetz'?

A lot of coincidences there, even if you were Messrs. Smith.

And here's the real kicker, if you aren't [ROE] Snake but have taken over the mod that he spent so much time spamming the forums abo... sorry I mean working on and promoting. Why does he not get a single credit on your website?

http://www.bloodline-guild.net/FOT/crew.htm

http://www.nma-fallout.com/content.php? ... ve-02-2003

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewto ... ght=#70173
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Still waiting for a response to this rather thorough and comprehensive pwning.
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

Does it really matter?
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

[HpA]SniperPotato wrote:Does it really matter?
I like watching people squirm and/or digging their hole deeper.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Well actually... I haven't had the chance to redo the website, I just edited excisting stuff. I don't have full control over the webhost that has the website on it.

and I'm using the excisting email to ensure I have access to emails that were send to that email address that contains a lot of FOT stuff for the mod itself. It's easier.

Believe what you want, I don't care, it always seems that there are a few assholes trying to ruin someone elses fun. I wont buy into it.

Snake lives in the same student appartment :)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Amaru wrote:Well actually... I haven't had the chance to redo the website, I just edited excisting stuff. I don't have full control over the webhost that has the website on it.
Total bullshit the previous incarnation of ROE's website was up at clan impulse, it says on your homepage that you've finally been able to set up a website in the news post on 31-12-06. Are you telling us that you couldn't edit the pages more thoroughly before uploading them to a new host? Even so you had enough control to add new screenshots when To_an sent you new tiles, you had enough control to change it to Bauke"Amaru"Stienstra and snakediablo@hotmail to amarudakota@hotmail.

So why didn't you change it to your name as well? You are quite happy to have everyone else's name up (where you know it) as well as their username but you leave 'Snake's' name and only change the username? Are we expected to believe that you are both called Bauke Steinstra.

Even if it's the local version of John Smith it's a hell of a coincidence that two people with the same name take up the same interest, live in the same building and start working on the same mod. Or was Snake using your name all along? Funny that such a known attention whore would use someone else's name in the credits to their mod.

If we go with Occam's Razor then the simplest answer is that you're lying.
Amaru wrote:and I'm using the excisting email to ensure I have access to emails that were send to that email address that contains a lot of FOT stuff for the mod itself. It's easier.
Except you have you changed the email. Get your story straight.
Amaru wrote:Believe what you want, I don't care, it always seems that there are a few assholes trying to ruin someone elses fun. I wont buy into it.
If your idea of fun is lying to everyone, laughing behind their backs when you re-register and pretend to be someone else after throwing a hissy fit and saying everyone doesn't deserve to play your mod. Then yeah I will try my best to spoil your fun.

God knows how many people you've driven away from the modding community with your leaching and whining and general prima donna ways.
Amaru wrote:Snake lives in the same student appartment :)
Don't you mean 'lived' in the same apartment since you started a new school in January? And you posted from Snake's IP at NMA (which was used since 2004) back in October.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Man... cry me a river.

What ever...
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Amaru wrote:Man... cry me a river.
Back at you, oh sorry it's 'Snake' who's the crybaby isn't it.
Amaru wrote:What ever...
Run out of excuses then.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

T-Bolt :neverforget:

Schizophrenia is indeed serious business. Seek a doctor please.
Our Host!