Interplay Attempts to Pimp DAC

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Interplay Attempts to Pimp DAC

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Company -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Interplay">Company: Interplay</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout: Online">Game: Fallout: Online</a>

<p>Interplay is trying to pitch a Fallout MMOG to investors, and in the course of doing so, drops our name.</p><blockquote><p><em><span class="postbody">THE FALLOUT BRAND IS ONE OF THE MOST RECOGNIZED GAMING BRAND BY CONSUMERS.

THERE ARE SEVERAL DEDICATED FAN SITES AROUND THE WORLD EVIDENCING A LOYAL FAN BASE ESTIMATED TO BE OVER 350,000 PEOPLE (<a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/" target="_self">www.nma-fallout.com</a>, <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx../../" target="_blank">www.duckandcover.cx</a>, <a href="http://www.fanmadefallout.com/" target="_blank">fanmadefallout.com</a>, <a href="http://www.teamx.ru/" target="_blank">www.teamx.ru</a>, <a href="http://www.nwsgames.net/" target="_blank">www.nwsgames.net</a>, <a href="http://www.nukacola.com/" target="_blank">nukacola.com</a>, <a href="http://www.nuclearcleansing.com/" target="_blank">www.nuclearcleansing.com</a>).

DUE TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF A POST NUCLEAR APOCALYPTIC WORLD RESULTING
FROM THE COLD WAR (1945-1990), ALL CONSUMERS 20 AND OLDER WILL HAVE
SOME TIES TO FALLOUT AND WILL BE INTRIGUED TO FIND OUT IN THIS VIRTUAL
WORLD: "AND WHAT IF THE NUCLEAR WAR REALLY HAD HAPPENED?"</span></em></p><p><em><span class="postbody">...</span></em></p><p><em><span class="postbody">The Fallout MMOG will be developed in the highly
recognized Fallout post Nuclear Apocalyptic world giving consumers an
ongoing virtual experience of today's life as if the cold war, which
lasted for the best part of the second half of last century, had led to
a nuclear disaster.</span></em></p><p> </p><p><em><span class="postbody">...</span></em></p><p> </p><p><em><span class="postbody"><blockquote>o Interplay will effectively be the first MMOG pure play western public company

o Interplay's management was involved in the World of Warcraft project at Vivendi</blockquote>...
<blockquote>- LAUNCH OF FALLOUT MMO Q3 2010

- REACH 1 MILLION SUBSCRIBERS DURING THE FIRST YEAR

- PROFITABLE YEAR 2

- REVENUE OF 160M$ PER YEAR AFTER FIRST

- NET INCOME OF OVER 50M$ PER YEAR STARTING YEAR 3</blockquote></span></em></p></blockquote><p> </p><p>Check out the whole SEC filing <a target="_self" href="http://secfilings.nasdaq.com/filingFram ... =">here</a>. </p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">No Mutants Allowed</a></p>
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

That is some terrible press copy.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

It reminds me of nothing so much as one of those terrible financial scam spam emails...

"Hello Johnsons,

You are of the knowing that we are very lucrative company based of cairo, having recently come in to money from uncle who have died. My company need dead letterbox address to assist in foreign transfer of cash material funds/s, yours appropriate according to dedicated searching!!"
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Does this mean Interplay is going to bankroll FMF when all those multi-million dollar investments roll in?
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I find it ironic that they are trying to convince developers that the Fallout community is large and viable when we have been trying to do that for years before fallout 3 was announced.
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

War Of The World ... Views

Post by 4too »

War Of The World ... Views

Pooperscooper, I agree that this change of heart appears self serving. Situational ethics may apply.

Amazing how the same statistics and circumstantial data can be turned, upside down, at any convenient point of view.

In war, and SEC filings, truth, seems to be the first casualty. The propaganda war in world wide marketing marches on.

Once upon a time the Interplay rationalization for NOT doing a FO sequel was that the FO fan base was too small.

FO 1 and FO 2 were sleeper, cult, 'hits'. Happy accidents. The real money was in Baulder's Gate, D and D, JRR Tolkien, elves and fairies.

More lucrative for Interplay to do fantasy, sword and sorcery clones:
Lionheart,
Champions Of Norrath,
and that Snowblind engined .. FO:BOS ... Champions Of Norrath WITH GUNS.

FO:BOS ... Champions Of Norrath WITH GUNS.

Now, the smart money is saying 350 k is a wide enough creek to float a FOOL.

Look at the timing of this 'born again' enthusiasm.

Reformation or Counter Reformation, I'm not sure what historical cycle is riding by, AND ... that conflict in belief systems (and art history) may just complicate viewing this manipulation of reality.

Just.

Look at the timing of this 'born again' enthusiasm.

Perhaps this reformed Interplay hopes to ride the coat tails of BethSoft's FO3.

Ride the BethSoft Marketing Bandwagon.

4too
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: Interplay Attempts to Pimp DAC

Post by johnnygothisgun »

WORLD: "AND WHAT IF THE NUCLEAR WAR REALLY HAD HAPPENED?"

Uh. Pretty sure that since the war in Fallout was between the US and China, it's safe to say that Fallout has nothing to do with the Cold War. Good thing Herve knows the franchise well!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

johnnygothisgun wrote:
WORLD: "AND WHAT IF THE NUCLEAR WAR REALLY HAD HAPPENED?"

Uh. Pretty sure that since the war in Fallout was between the US and China, it's safe to say that Fallout has nothing to do with the Cold War. Good thing Herve knows the franchise well!
don't get hung up on specifics, even though the war was between the us and china, fallout thrived on the cold war feeling - but the "what if?" is not taken from a modern perspective. though i highly doubt "all consumers 20 and over" will have much of a tie to the cold war? try 40-50 and older?

of course, as most of herve's endeavours are, this is all very misguided, but there's something about his ruthlessness that makes me smile. good luck herve.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Subhuman wrote:That is some terrible press copy.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Welcome to Junktown and Outside Junktown. Enjoy.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

baby arm wrote:Does this mean Interplay is going to bankroll FMF when all those multi-million dollar investments roll in?
Deal's already been signed, bro.

Why do you think I'm talking about turning DAC into an online Fallout game? COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT CHARLES!

Oooh. XP++
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

DarkUnderlord wrote:
baby arm wrote:Does this mean Interplay is going to bankroll FMF when all those multi-million dollar investments roll in?

Why do you think I'm talking about turning DAC into an online Fallout game? COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT CHARLES!

Oooh. XP++
I think you're just using it as a pretext to be a willy.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

DarkUnderlord wrote:

Oooh. XP++
Please, don't flatter yourself. Not only has "your" idea been done before, it's so specious and vague as to be nonexistent. I dreamed up an online version of Fallout before lunch yesterday. Join the damn club.
atoga wrote:don't get hung up on specifics, even though the war was between the us and china, fallout thrived on the cold war feeling - but the "what if?" is not taken from a modern perspective. though i highly doubt "all consumers 20 and over" will have much of a tie to the cold war? try 40-50 and older?
True, but the Cold War was a threat right up until the '80s. Most of us here (I assume) were born before the Berlin Wall crumbled, so yeah, we can almost kinda sorta imagine that Cold War "what if" scenario. But you're right, nowadays Russia and China seem like small potatoes.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Subhuman wrote:Please, don't flatter yourself. Not only has "your" idea been done before, it's so specious and vague as to be nonexistent. I dreamed up an online version of Fallout before lunch yesterday. Join the damn club.
You're just jealous that my ideas get implemented whereas yours just suck.
Frater Perdurabo wrote:I think you're just using it as a pretext to be a willy.
Pfft.. What a complete load. Next you'll be saying I asshat people just to prove a point.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

OOhh, I can see them getting investors...yup. Tactics and FOPOS was a success....har har har....Troika's Arcanum was a "something else than just fairies" and it's wasn't a blockbuster either.

Plus that paper has to be a shitty press copy. I mean getting inverstors with that...ohh yeah....I can see that happening...
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

frissy wrote:Plus that paper has to be a shitty press copy. I mean getting inverstors with that...ohh yeah....I can see that happening...
Herve isn't exactly a brilliant bussiness man, so it wouldn't suprise me if that was the actual investor pitch.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

I know that, but still he somehow managed to become a business man and be the CEO of Interplay. There is NO WAY in hell he would become that with pitches like that. Seriously.

I have no doubt that the "facts" are his, but that's not the whole text. No way.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

2010? That's near the end of the world. Who will need FOOL then?
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Herve = future hobo
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Herve and his big plans. :rofl:
Our Host!