Which drug combo is best?

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
Beef
Respected
Respected

Which drug combo is best?

Post by Beef »

Write here peepz, and tell me what drug combos you use for which style of character... I would have included a poll but the number of possible choices is far too big...

Myself, I try and squeeze in as many voodoos and trauma in as possible to make damage stay at a minimum, here is my all-time best combo:

* 3 trauma packs (save one for later in the game)
* 5 voodoos (keep one for when you OD and then kill yourself with
it :wink: )
* 1 mutie
* 2 menats (after mutie)
* 3 beers (to lower PE in order for burst damage to be higher)

There it is: the definitive Khans Raider Leader 10k drug combo, now I wanna know yours...

And yes, this is multiplayer I'm talking about here (I'm looking forward to hearing what the FOVs have up their sleeve when it comes combatting others :P )

And don't forget: kneeling down (not standing or lying down) decreases drug usage time by 50%! Drugs are vital for survival, even though I much prefer no drug games myself... Like I said, no poll so please put the effort into responding to this here post with your combos doods!
:drinking:
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I load up on psychos but stay drug free (except stims). I use the psychos as weapons. 5 psychos will kill any living thing as I've seen in multiplayer.
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

i've found that 2 psychos for my deathclaw have proven more than sufficient - or maybe voodoo for quick damage resistance

sell the other drugs for lots of cash
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

It depends on my characters, but...

3 traums
4-5 voodoo
2 'burner

and I usually carry around psycho to dose up enemies.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Ixian
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ixian »

If you want a good KO char the best thing is to take 2-3 traumas, then 5 voodoo and a box of mentats at the end.
For a normal char the best combo is 3 traumas and 6 voodoos.

If you try these combinations you'll realise they are the best.
Yeah, sure; whatever comforts you.
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

Ixian wrote:If you want a good KO char the best thing is to take 2-3 traumas, then 5 voodoo and a box of mentats at the end.
For a normal char the best combo is 3 traumas and 6 voodoos.

If you try these combinations you'll realise they are the best.
Yeah, these combinations, however, only focus on building up your damage resistance and luck. What if you want a bit of extra, i dunno... "umph!" ? That is why I always take mutie... quickly followed by a mentat to reverse the negative mutie effects.

I never considered taking psycho into battle, voodoo does all that AG stuff for me... and trying so hard to inject 5 drugs into one person generally makes you end up looking a bit of a twat... especially when they stand there just bursting you full of flechette shells... It only works right at the beginning when you sneakily inject one of your team-mates, lol! Little tip: don't go on my team if it seems that I'm gonna be in an annoying mood, I'll pump ya with my extra voodoo, lol!

Anyway, more people tell me what works best for them - not only on humans, but what works the best for ghouls and super-mutants too? :D
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

The way I use the psycho way is I use my gun until I see someone go down knocked out or on the floor, then I use the psychos to finish them off. It really annoys some people so always be ready to be hunted down after attempting it.
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

TheReaper wrote:The way I use the psycho way is I use my gun until I see someone go down knocked out or on the floor, then I use the psychos to finish them off. It really annoys some people so always be ready to be hunted down after attempting it.
Lol, I'm going to have to try that sometime! :lol:
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

i like a little coke mixed with like a gram of H. then after i smoke a blunt and drink half a bottle of So Co.
My life fades.... a vision dims..... all that remains are memories....
Chaos
Respected
Respected
Location: Somewhere, don't really know I got lost on the way to Vault 13.

Post by Chaos »

my best combo is 2 psycho 2 vodoo and 20 trauma
Soldier of the wastes. :gun:
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

MaxRhodes wrote:i like a little coke mixed with like a gram of H. then after i smoke a blunt and drink half a bottle of So Co.
Wow, are they, like, secret items on FO:T!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

(notice the sarcasm... :? )
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

Beef wrote:Wow, are they, like, secret items on FO:T!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

(notice the sarcasm... :? )
No, thats the drugs i take to get high as a fucking Serpent! Hoo yah!
My life fades.... a vision dims..... all that remains are memories....
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

MaxRhodes wrote: No, thats the drugs i take to get high as a fucking Serpent! Hoo yah!
Did I or did I not say 'notice the sarcasm'...?
I was fucking being sarcastic, dumbass!! :twisted:
Hijack
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Hijack »

eh well, I used to take a psycho or two, then go into battle. If it was Hth, a psycho, and a mutie was the way to go.
IRL, i usually get drunk or smoke before I play, just for the fun of it :mad:
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

Hijack wrote:eh well, I used to take a psycho or two, then go into battle. If it was Hth, a psycho, and a mutie was the way to go.
IRL, i usually get drunk or smoke before I play, just for the fun of it :mad:
Dude, judging by your combos you must have lost quite often against people who drugged up on 5 voodoos before a game... :crazyeyes:
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

UPDATE/NOTE TO SELF FOR LATER:

3 voodoos, 1 trauma, 3 voodoos, 1 trauma.

For this you need 10 EN and 7 ST. I've found my dream combo! Time to get to work on Beefo 3!
Nutter
Respected
Respected

Post by Nutter »

just wondering... for those guys high on drugs - can you take them down with energy weapons (since the damage resistance conferred by the drugs are only for general resistance)
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

it will still give you a little better resistance to energy but since that is under energy resistance it wont do much but the "general" resistance is exactly what it means general resistance meaning resistance against everything just not so much against say poison, energy, Etc.
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

Hmm, a good point, but 'general' contains all forms of damage. The only way to raise your Energy resistance is to wear tesla armour I think...
Chaos
Respected
Respected

Post by Chaos »

yes that is what i said just without saying anything about the tesla armor
Our Host!