First Real Fallout 3 News!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Dreadnought wrote:Fallout Strike: Source.

*optimizm*
Actually, that would be kind of entertaining in the survival simulation sense.

Consider the lethality of weapons in CS:S.

Better put some points into Speech and Sneak, and keep your Karma high.

Optional TB? If it feels like cheating, so what? When it is their turn, they get to "cheat" too.

I'm thinking the TB would have to be a special mode where the camera flies up and assumes an isometric start position that is changeable a la NWN. Then you control the fight like in TOEE. (TOEE, not FF or Anachronox.)

Or go RT and Counterstrike it. The NPCs could have an enhanced version of CS:S bots with personalized "bot talk". I hope they have at least one really heavy AI guy working at Beth.

:drunk:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

i was referring to the stupid "pause whenever the hell you damn well feel like it" turn-based system that most bioware games use and was halfway implemented in fallout tactics.

terribly sorry.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

You can make basicly any kind of game out of that what we know as Fallout. But... would it still be THAT what we know, if it's too different? I seriously doubt it.
It could be something good... could be... but if it lacks in the most important few things that make Fallout what it is... well... that'd be Bethy's Random Post Apoc Game (project name Fallout 3).

Neofalloutophobia ftw. :?
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

I don't think they can change combat system at this point? And hence talking about it now is.. Or wait can they?

Anyhow any of you really believes they could possibly do pure TB and narrow down their audience to a happy circle of TB RPG enthusiasts, as compared to the crowd of RT button mashers?
It's all been said so many times..

Unfortunately, the best we can hope for, possibly, is something to the effect of FoT, or Baldur's Gate, or KOTOR (KOTOR combat system definitely wasn't fallout, but I found it interesting and hey - some sorta 'turn-based' combat marketed to the masses example omg)
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Shut up PiP or they gonna make
Fallout Fantasy XII: 3 with Ninjas and Pirates! ;)
PiP

Post by PiP »

point is, they already have. :rolleyes:
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Right now I've decided I'm gonna make a Fallout-Religion and force all my followers into collective suicide and then I'm gonna take their money and cellphones and sell 'em on ebay.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

there's nothing wrong with real time combat so long as you manage to keep a tactical element to it. (via AI, not just enemies auto running at you like KOTOR/KOTOR2, and how you design the presentation of it --no rat caves/temple of trials).

and how long before we really get into the subject of first person v top down? Am I the only one that prefers a good OTS view?

talking heads? I miss talking heads so. With your fancy pants engines you should be able to provide for talking heads. Instead of a goofy mini game maybe we should READ PEOPLE'S EXPRESSIONS IN DIALOG! :D that'd be revolutionary. really.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Killzig wrote:there's nothing wrong with real time combat so long as you manage to keep a tactical element to it. (via AI, not just enemies auto running at you like KOTOR/KOTOR2, and how you design the presentation of it --no rat caves/temple of trials).

and how long before we really get into the subject of first person v top down? Am I the only one that prefers a good OTS view?

talking heads? I miss talking heads so. With your fancy pants engines you should be able to provide for talking heads. Instead of a goofy mini game maybe we should READ PEOPLE'S EXPRESSIONS IN DIALOG! :D that'd be revolutionary. really.
The mini game was really, really terrible.
I don't like the idea of having talking heads, unless you have a LOT of voice actors. I don't want to hear the same people all over again with their limited dialogue options, like in Oblivion.
Bethsoft_Emil
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Bethsoft_Emil »

Briosafreak -- I totally hear what you're saying, and certainly didn't mean to imply that every single Fallout fan prescribes to every single bit of Fallout ideology. I'm also well aware of the separation (and occasional rift) between NMA and DaC.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I love Brios' portuguese ass long time. No DAC v NMA rift with us. RIGHT BRIOS!?
Frater Perdurabo wrote:I don't like the idea of having talking heads, unless you have a LOT of voice actors. I don't want to hear the same people all over again with their limited dialogue options, like in Oblivion.
We, and hopefully Emil & Assoc, should remember that Fallout 3 is not Oblivion and dialog/npc interaction can't be the same shallow exercise. :joy:
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Emil:

Tell us a story...

Any story...

We have been waiting in longing to hear from you for many years, and now you're here.

Tell us about your office...

Recite a favorite childhood story...

Look back with us on you firs experience with fallout.

Just give us something...

Anything...

We need some love over here.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Bethsoft_Emil
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Bethsoft_Emil »

My first experience with Fallout? Wow... what a day that was. I had never played a Fallout game before, but when I saw it had finally become available for Xbox... Well, I tore the cellophane off that baby and popped it in the drive quicker than you can say "r0XX0rz." If was everything I had hoped, and more. The raider wee-otch in her leather g-string, the rockabilly main intro... The future of gaming had arrived at last!

Sorry... really couldn't resist that one.

Okay, let's start with my office. More like a large cube, really. Nothing fancy. My desk is a mess, as usual. There are swords and daggers everywhere, intermingled with pictures from my kids. (I've got a pretty funny one of my son, then 4, doing his best Vault Boy). There are games all over the place -- Company of Heroes, Dark Messiah, Bloodlines... and Neverwinter Nights 2 will join them if it's in stock at the local EB come lunch time). Piles of comics and game magazines all over the place, too. Ah, a photocopy of some Fallout 3 concept art.
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Bethsoft_Emil wrote:<snip> Ah, a photocopy of some Fallout 3 concept art.
Care too share? :)
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

I also love Killzig, but not his ass.Image

Emil made a good review of Blade Runner, the game, that's a +1 for him in my book.

I'm also well aware of the separation (and occasional rift) between NMA and DaC.
Ok but don't try to use that as in divide to conquer, we're smarter than that, even if sometimes it doesn't show...
but when I saw it had finally become available for Xbox..Well, I tore the cellophane off that baby and popped it in the drive quicker than you can say "r0XX0rz." If was everything I had hoped, and more. The raider wee-otch in her leather g-string, the rockabilly main intro... The future of gaming had arrived at last!
*has a brief heart attack*

Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Bethsoft_Emil wrote:My first experience with Fallout? Wow... what a day that was. I had never played a Fallout game before, but when I saw it had finally become available for Xbox... Well, I tore the cellophane off that baby and popped it in the drive quicker than you can say "r0XX0rz." If was everything I had hoped, and more. The raider wee-otch in her leather g-string, the rockabilly main intro... The future of gaming had arrived at last!

Yeah, you should have had some friends like us around to keep you from playing that one. Your recounting of the details is frighteningly accurate. :giggle:
Okay, let's start with my office. More like a large cube, really. Nothing fancy. My desk is a mess, as usual. There are swords and daggers everywhere,
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahah. they didn't give us a LARPer did they?! :giggle:
intermingled with pictures from my kids. (I've got a pretty funny one of my son, then 4, doing his best Vault Boy). There are games all over the place -- Company of Heroes, Dark Messiah, Bloodlines... and Neverwinter Nights 2 will join them if it's in stock at the local EB come lunch time). Piles of comics and game magazines all over the place, too. Ah, a photocopy of some Fallout 3 concept art.
That's precious.

Let us know how you like it. I'm still straddling the fence on that one. While I love Josh in all of his hard core repair my motor bike with an allen wrench awesomeness I'm hesistant to dive back into the wonderful world of D20. And when I say wonderful I mean agonizingly painful.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Re: Be Careful What You Wish For ...

Post by Killzig »

4too wrote:Be Careful What You Wish For ...

Dreadnought:
Fallout Tournament 2007: The amazing story of Lara Croft.

*optimizm*

Pause and consider that one of the breast known, well , best know game persona's in the art of dual wielding is

http://www.planetlara.com/picview.asp?f ... 2~1024.jpg

Although her latest incarnation has seen a restructuring of her full frontal assets,
deflating many a mammal's fever dreams ,
Lara Croft still has a shot , or two, at the center fold spread as Ms. 'Guns Akimbo' on any given day, of any given year.

As long as time, entropy, and the gravitational pull of competing heavenly bodies does not impede her patented 'lift and separation'.

Please suspend your disbelief, suppose marketing pressures allow a special dispensation on the kosher laws of mixing IP's, allow the mixing of metaphorical icons, allow the mixing of milk and (Dog) Meat on the same plate.

Consider one of the darker traditions of FO. Pop cultural references that can even transcend delusions of Monty Python. Even John Cleese in drag.

Consider Lara Croft abilities and aspirations as another pop cultural reference straddling the twin peaks of pleasing or p-ssing off the play-ahs.

Where 'guns akimbo' ends 'breasts akimbo' begins. Win - win, for a warm / fuzzy and squeezable soft -- SHOCK AND AWE!

Now, any munchkin that has lusted for the god like power and the glory of dual wielding 'pi-stoles' has had to confront the real world gun aficionado's bitch slap about accuracy.

If the Sky Father says NO, then every munchkin knows to go ask the Earth Mother.

Maybe those twin domes do not conceal guidance control radar or enhanced auxiliary synapses, but perhaps the mammary mass can double as shock absorbing modules!

Some sci fi fans enthusiasm might sag here, but some 'play-ahs' F = MA might go logarithmic. Escape trajectory perhaps.

Consider the -- Guns Akimbo Trait -- !

The good news, your physical endowments allow for (Fast Shot) rapid and accurate (aimed) fire when dual wielding (designer) matched hand guns, after your nail polish has dried.
The bad news, your physical endowments prohibit the effective wearing of body armor until they are tailored to accommodate your twin 45's over the shoulder boulder holders. It takes 2 or more suits to couture one ensemble to 'bustier' your armor rating.

You are a sucker for a good back rub and manipulate your unique upper body dynamics to the max by weekly visits to any massage parlor where you happily pay double for chiropractic prestidigitation that looks an a lot like henati pan gender bondage.

The real bitch is, ... if you want to hang like Lara ... that you guys got to grow tits too.
PA life may not be fair, but to dual wield, you got to take the pair!
Men be all you can BE! ..... BOOBIES!
Men when the PA goddess offers lemons, ask for melons!
This is your chance to be, ... the daughter your mother always wanted,
Or, ... the lady boy YOU always wanted.

DUAL wielding?
'Guns akimbo' and 'breasts akimbo'.

Be careful what you wish for!

4too
4too, if I were still an admin I'd ban you for being so fucking awesome.
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Speaking of Josh sawyer, here is his comment on the news of Emil taking the lead at FO3:
I enjoyed the Dark Brotherhood stuff in Oblivion, though I hope Fallout 3 has more branching plotlines and important player choices.
Sander
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Sander »

Bethsoft_Emil wrote:My first experience with Fallout? Wow... what a day that was. I had never played a Fallout game before, but when I saw it had finally become available for Xbox... Well, I tore the cellophane off that baby and popped it in the drive quicker than you can say "r0XX0rz." If was everything I had hoped, and more. The raider wee-otch in her leather g-string, the rockabilly main intro... The future of gaming had arrived at last!

Okay, let's start with my office. More like a large cube, really. Nothing fancy. My desk is a mess, as usual. There are swords and daggers everywhere, intermingled with pictures from my kids. (I've got a pretty funny one of my son, then 4, doing his best Vault Boy). There are games all over the place -- Company of Heroes, Dark Messiah, Bloodlines... and Neverwinter Nights 2 will join them if it's in stock at the local EB come lunch time). Piles of comics and game magazines all over the place, too. Ah, a photocopy of some Fallout 3 concept art.
Awesome, you know your Vault Boy from your Pip Boy (ehh...I hope that's what that implies, anyway) and you play Bloodlines.
Hey, what's that? Oh, right, rekindled hope.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

Briosafreak wrote:Speaking of Josh sawyer, here is his comment on the news of Emil taking the lead at FO3:
enthusiastic lad, isn't he?
Our Host!