how it will look? what i want

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

I am going to be scolded for this.
Plese, no master penguin! NO! PLESE! 8O
THE USE OF CEL SHADING!
This sounds stupid, but before you dismiss it, look at the graphics of fo1- especially the cave at the beggining- Like people have said, it is a post apocalyptic frontier, but I take it one step further- taking it infanetly further into retro future.
Okay, mabye not cel-shading, but make it comic-book like.
At least some of it-A fairy tale Master would be sad......
Before you get to mad, I have only posted about 6 times.
Am I the only one who thinks that this would be cool in Thief 3?
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

Yeah, .223 is from blade runner. But it is actually .38, it was mentioned in its source Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep.
Yeah, me posting twice in a row is a slap in the face to ghetto goose
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:That's because it is the pistol from Blade Runner. :)
After having spent a goodly portion of yesterday afternoon on movie prop sites I have to concur with that statement.

What? What was I doing there? Um...well, I...er...wasn't looking for shots of '50s pulp sci-fi weapons like the Vickers Colt Blaster Rifle from Forbidden Planet so as to introduce them to the FO universe...nope, I just wouldn't have been doing that. :mrgreen:
Rosh wrote:...[S]ome older weapons...represented as generics, like "shotgun", "combat shotgun", "sniper rifle", etc.)...
That was one thing that rapidly dropped off in FO2. The item description for the "generics" all contained the actual names of the weapons, e.g. Colt 6520 for the 10mm Pistol or H&K MP9 for the 10mm SMG, but the names weren't the end-all-be-all of the weapons.

I must confess that the only solution to the "name game" I've come up with is to simply name the higher power weapons "Mk II", etc. For instance, the Assault Rifle was the AK-112. In my FoT mod I now have the "Assault Rifle Mk II", but the item description lists it as "A M1989A1 NATO Assault Rifle" along with a blurb about it being chambered in 5mm so that the US could use captured ammunition stocks. (Yes, that's a blatant rip-off of Wasteland...or a nod/salute to, as I prefer to think of it.) While this system may seem a bit unimaginative, I think it would help to stave off the hordes of people clamoring for modern-day, real-world weapons in the game.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

i like the names of them to be like, "Assault rifle"

but in the destcriptions, something like AK-112, or whatever.

its cool to know that the gun you are using has a name. i dont know, not really cool, just... odly comforting?

i dont know how to say it
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

wait, if it had a 3D engine, doestn that mean they only needed to render a gun once, and it could be flipped/rotated to fit in the charactors hands at any position?

if so... making a render of every gun (even if crapily done) wouldnt be as hard as drawing one for every positon (6 for hex, or8 if it goes octigonal)

am i right? or is that not how it works..
Our Host!