Fallout 3 Lead Designer revealed

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout 3 Lead Designer revealed

Post by Mr. Teatime »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - News related to <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/archives.php ... ry=14">Top Story: First News on Fallout 3</a> | More info on <a href="#Emil Pagliarulo">Person: Emil Pagliarulo</a> | More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p><strong>Emil Pagliarulo</strong> from <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/" target="_self">Bethesda</a> has been <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/forums/viewt ... 7&start=40" target="_self">braving our forums recently</a> and mentioned some info that I haven't heard before:</p><blockquote dir="ltr" style="margin-right: 0px"><p><em>Anyway, I've been the lead designer on Fallout 3 for quite some time now. It's not exactly the type of offer you turn down, you know? And no, I really can't say anything about anything. But I just wanted to pop on and say hi.</em></p></blockquote><p>For those who don't know, Emil was used to work at Looking Glass on the Thief games before moving to Bethesda about four years ago. If, like me, you're a fan of that series, you'll know that they pretty much nailed stealth and the games are all classics, even the consolised third one. He's also a fellow beard-wearer and that gets my approval.</p><p>So there you go. Fallout 3's Lead Designer, HAI2U!</p>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Either this is a hoax or Bethesda actually hired Ryno's Irish cousin as FO3 lead developer.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

VasikkA wrote:Either this is a hoax or Bethesda actually hired Ryno's Irish cousin as FO3 lead developer.
I was going to say that. The resemblance is uncanny..Especially since I now have a full goatee rather than just the mass of chin-pubes....I also learned to smile over the past few years.

Seperated at birth?

Image vs Image circa 2000.
hoochimama
Respected
Respected

Post by hoochimama »

more first half of the dark brotherhood plz
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Has anyone (like Teatime, VD, or Brios) tried to get a confirmation of this from Bethesda?
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Why would they do that? Is there a reason not to believe everything you read on the internet? If so, I would sure like to hear it.
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Well I know Emil works at Bethsoft, and also it's a Bethesda IP. So I doubt it's a conspiracy :P
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

teats is back, and the lead designer of fallout 3 is a jovial viking. what an excellent day for dac!
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
baby arm
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by baby arm »

Then let me congratulate Ryno's cousin on the big promotion! It sure beats being a school teacher (although teaching jobs are much more secure than game industry jobs).
skin loves <a href="http://www.tacticularcancer.com">godless children</a>
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

atoga wrote:teats is back, and the lead designer of fallout 3 is a jovial viking. what an excellent day for dac!
I never left, I'm just in the middle of a rather intensive compressed law degree at the moment so can't post much. It means I haven't played many computer games for the past few months either :(
Bethsoft_Emil
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Bethsoft_Emil »

I don't think I've ever been called a "jovial viking" before, but it's a pretty dead-on accurate description nonetheless. A more of a Celt, though. :) Got a pretty decent sword collection, to boot.

Mr. Teatime -- little correction on my background. I worked on the Thief series just after the first game came out, so I didn't develop their stealth stuff; it's what I fell in love with that made me want to work at Looking Glass in the first place.

I did help develop the Oblivion stealth stuff, though, and have been with Bethesda for 4 years now. Damn, can't believe it's been that long already.
johnnygothisgun
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by johnnygothisgun »

All work and no play make Teatime a dull boy?
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Lohan is that you?

Weren't you a gaming reporter a few years ago? More or less when I started going to NMA, late 90's I think? You are somehow familiar to me, but don't know from where...
Bethsoft_Emil
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Bethsoft_Emil »

Damn, Briosafreak's kickin' it old school!

Yeah, I worked as a writer, and then the editor in chief, of the Adrenaline Vault (avault.com). Did a ton of articles, previews, reviews, etc.

And damn Lindsay Lohan's emergence for wrecking a perfectly good handle (a "lohan" being one of the defenders of the Shaolin Temple, enlightened by Buddha).

-----
Emil
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Bethsoft_Emil wrote:Mr. Teatime -- little correction on my background. I worked on the Thief series just after the first game came out, so I didn't develop their stealth stuff; it's what I fell in love with that made me want to work at Looking Glass in the first place.

I did help develop the Oblivion stealth stuff, though, and have been with Bethesda for 4 years now. Damn, can't believe it's been that long already.
Fair enough, news updated :)
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Ah thought so! I always blame Lindsay for everything too.
Per
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Per »

Lindsay Lohan steals my socks.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Pretty cool you are posting on here, a brave soul indeed. Even cooler you are the lead designer, the DB questline was appropriately dark. Think Beth made the right choice on that one. (Now please leak me some inside shit on Fallout 3)
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Per wrote:Lindsay Lohan steals my socks.
Fallout 3 designer and Fallout 2 walkthrough writer, that could be a sign :Ode an die Freude:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

This is old news. In fact this Bethesda producer's blog was the first one to announce the lead developer for FO3. The information has been available since August, but I guess none of you just didn't care back then.
Our Host!