Custom Maps

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Custom Maps

Post by Amaru »

Heya Guys,

I was wondering if any of you have any custom maps laying around that you guys don't use. I'm currently working on a Fallout Tactics total conversion mod with a new campaign, maps, quests, items, weapons and storyline.

It's got so much new stuff in it that has never been released and I would just like to finish it. The only thing lacking is mapping and some support from the community which seems to have died off a bit.

So, if any of you have any spair maps that I could use, they dont have to be finished, I can map a bit here and there... It would help to have a good mapper on my side but you guys are hard to find

Maps can be send to: Amarudakota@hotmail.com

Or leave me a reply with a download links.

Thanks & Greetz,

Amarudakota

P.s: I noticed that OTB never released his 5 Missions Pack, maybe I can do something useful with those maps if you get to see this message.
PaladinHeart
Strider
Strider

Post by PaladinHeart »

I had to give up on my campaign, since tagnames for entities are not persistent from one location to another. Very frustrating, but I can think of no workaround for it.

I have a few decent maps that you might like and it would be nice to see some use come of them.

Here's the link:

www.smurfdragon.com/paladinheartmaps.zip

Notes:
Facility001 was basically intended to be a large underwater military base. It was designed to go with my story so you may have to remove some water tiles, etc.. to change it into something you can use.

Facility002 & 003
I can't remember which is which. :?
But anyways one was originally a Resident Evil map that functioned pretty much on its own. I may have even uploaded it somewhere?...
The other one is a rather large building in the middle of the wasteland. I did a lot of work on it but it is still quite empty. Some of the design may seem funky but I had intended on having several boss battles there and the terrain was designed for specific purposes. Again, you'll probably have to tweak to make it useful.

Mountains001. I had to leave entities intact so you can go to zones to find the map. Otherwise it's hard to find the starting point. I deleted a few entities and left others in. It's pretty much a large mountain range that needs a LOT of work. May be useless if you don't need a mountain area. Has some interesting hidden passages, walkable paths, etc..

Tiremaze001. This was to be the starting point for my campaign. There are hidden areas in the factory that only a female entity can reach. There's also a big tire maze outside the factory and a pathetic looking mall/raider base on the upper left hand of the map (which needs work).

Town001. A huge town with sewers, a building with several stories, etc.. Even a walk-in furnace in the bottom of the largest building's basement.

Some of the maps may not work right since I removed all the entities but the terrain on them all, I think, is a good place to start building a map.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. " -John 3:16

Hopes. Dreams. You have to live these things. If not, they will remain prisoner within the confines of your mind for the rest of your life.
Dak
Regular
Regular

Post by Dak »

I have some you can have. They are pretty large. Very detailed, but very large. Let me know if you still want them, and I'll dig them out of my back ups.
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

Heya, been offline for a while since one of my hard drives gave in.

I'm still interested in the maps so if you would send them to me, plz. You can send them through email or post a link.

My email is: Amarudakota@hotmail.com
Amaru
Regular
Regular

Post by Amaru »

PaladinHeart, thanks for the maps, I'll take a good look at them soon, I'm currently working on getting everything installed back on my computer, I'll let you know if I can use any of your stuff.
Our Host!