Duel wield weapons

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Scorpion
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Scorpion »

Dual-Wielding doesn't have to be in the game. But, I've always wanted thought it would be cool if you could put two 5mm pistols, one in each weapon slot, and have them combine, so like a dual-wield type thing would undergo.

But, early game, dual-wield would eat up ammo... :(
DAC- For all your fallout needs.

^ No, it's not for all your fallout needs. I think this site attracts more swell guy, shitheads, losers, and thread-hijackers than it does Fallout fans. This site should be renamed the Steamy pile of Horse shit or aka SPHS- For all your not-Fallout needs.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

I'll tell you the real reason I don't want dual-wielded weapons in FO3: it would make FO3 like any other cheap-ass, dime-a-dozen, action game with all the originality of a clone.

Forget the physics, the ballistics, the ergonomics of doing it in the real world because it's really not an issue. After all, do you have to deal with 9-foot green mutants in the real world? I thought not.

Hate akimbo not because it's impractical. Hate it because every cheap action flick has it. Hate it because every PoS FPS has it. Hate it because the munchkins all clamor for it...

OTB

PS I never did figure out how "akimbo" was applied to dual-wielding. Look it up and you'll see what I mean.
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

ExtremeRyno wrote:And that's why they mainly hit houses and parked cars 3 blocks away rather than their homies.
:clap:
I like you as I do my delinquent cousins err cousin, the one with pants around his thighs has gone beyond redemption
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Koki wrote:
Redeye wrote:Yeah, katanas look cool[/url]

No.
and are some of the most advanced swords ever made.[/quote[

No.
Yes cutting through two inches of steel is not advanced at all(we are talking of REAL katanas, not crappy decorations)
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

minigunwielder wrote: Yes cutting through two inches of steel is not advanced at all(we are talking of REAL katanas, not crappy decorations)
Katana feats like that are way too often heard of, and way too rarely seen.

The "bodyguard" trick is overrated and probably complete bogus.
(letting go a piece of silk over the edge of the sword, thus cutting the silk as it lands)
Testicular Pugilist
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

You can't cut through two inches of steel. It's impossible.

Look - katanas are very fine as far as unarmored combat goes. But these are draw-cutting weapons - you pull as you strike, that's why the blade is curved. This not only shears like normal sword, but also cuts. While this is devastating against soft materials(Cutting human in half is by all means possible with a decent katana), it's weak against armor(mail) and useless against heavy armor. Changing the technique and delivering a shearing blow like with a normal sword doesn't help - the blade is too thick to push the hard material aside effectively.

But hell, drop that - no sword made, ever, even with damascus steel or chit, was* able to pierce two inches of steel, whether slashing or piercing or shitting pants or whatever. This isn't magic. The sword is steel, and the armor is steel, both follow laws of physics.

*I'd write "is", but who knows, maybe we'll see some nano-light-nanocube-damascus shit some day.
Serious Business.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Smiley wrote:
minigunwielder wrote: Yes cutting through two inches of steel is not advanced at all(we are talking of REAL katanas, not crappy decorations)
Katana feats like that are way too often heard of, and way too rarely seen.

The "bodyguard" trick is overrated and probably complete bogus.
(letting go a piece of silk over the edge of the sword, thus cutting the silk as it lands)
Its lifted from a book reviewed in Dragon like 20 years ago...
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I read hte first post, beyond that, I really don't care. I vote no.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

dual chainguns would be nice, or auto shotguns,
with eather you wont have to aim, mix it up to,
a rocket launcher in one hand and a zip gun in the other.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

die
Vaultboy
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Vaultboy »

Ernesto wrote:If there's one thing I don't want to see in FO 3, it's a hardkore raider rushing out of a building blazing duel desert eagles at me. I don't think we should have duel pistols/machine guns in Fallout 3, it wouldn't seem, you know, retro. 'Tis a wrong thang.

Duel blades are a possible maybe, but duel guns are definitely out of the question. Just because it's seen in game combat more and more, doesn't mean Fallout 3 should give in to this "peer pressure."

I dont want to see a :eyebrow: having dual :chainsaw:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

FO3 should have the perk "swell guy child" again Image
Dovla
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Dovla »

Oh by all means.

But make the game end with the message "Die Munchkin, DIE" everytime you try to use them.
Our Host!