doors with two switches...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

doors with two switches...

Post by Max-Violence »

I remember running into this problem before when I was making DDch5 (and, possibly, other times as well) but I never found a solution.

The situation is this: I've got a spiffy gate that requires use of a switch to open/close. Well, since this spiffy gate is the main gate into the compound, it would make sense to have two switches -- one on either side of the gate.

The problem is this: Whenever one but not both switches are "on," the gate spasms closed then opened then closed then opened over and over and over.

The solutions I've tried are: Adding an additional Condition to the Open triggers to make sure it only opens if the other switch is off; setting the other switch to on when the first switch is on, adding another Condition to check to see if the gate is already open (I really, really thought that would work), and last but not least, adding a variable to the effect of "if its open, set open to true; if its closed, set open to false" and conditions to check if the variable is true or false.

:?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Have the door and both switches all with the same tagname. Set the door to auto open/close. Have one preserved trigger condition always, action lock door.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

T-Bolt wrote:Have the door and both switches all with the same tagname. Set the door to auto open/close. Have one preserved trigger condition always, action lock door.
Genius! Many thanks!
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Our Host!